You'll get your royalties, don't worry

>you'll get your royalties, don't worry
>they didn't get their royalties
>they'd be worth $100 million per year
What an asshole

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kroc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So? It's called capitalism. Look it up. It makes society better. Just see what happened to commie countries.

I went to see 'The Founder' at my local Netflix and was blown out of my seat by the incredible story of a man and his dream.

Soon after, I had the sudden urge to go to McDonald's® and order a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese® , hot, fresh fries and an ice cold Coca Cola® !

Needless to say, I was Lovin' It™ .

Has this legit happened to anyone else?

It's basically fraud. If the conversation had been recorded, they would win a court case.

The most “it was alright” movie I have ever seen.

That's because you're a retarded faggot with absolute garbage taste

No. The law is not there to convict rich people. It is there to suppress the poor. The poor just don't know what is good for them, but they can't afford decent lawyers so they are naturally prevented from causing trouble for the better-informed rich and the world is allowed to continue ticking along smoothly.

What is the best thing to get for breakfast there?

more like because they spilled everything on the trailer

For me, it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich

Just fucking shut up idiot you're fucking nothing to me I don't give a shit about anything you have to say whatsoever

Michael Keaton pls

let's see if you really don't give a shit

What's that even supposed to mean you absolute cunt?

you all right bud?

Haha you replied to me that means you care about what I have to say hahaha hehehe huhuhuhu how does it feel to be tricked by my epic childlike mentallity?

Yeah, try stopping with the bullshit and actually saying something relevant. Oh, you can't? Gee, I wonder why.

Fuck 'em and krocs first wife too. They tried to kill the dream.

still can't stop giving a shit, user

Fucking this. He bent over backwards to accommodate the Waddle Brothers, but they just kept perversely getting in the way for no reason. Especially that autist.

>It's Kroc's fault the brothers weren't more aggressive or stubborn when the time came to finalize everything
>It's Kroc's fault the brothers didn't realize they could have more control over franchisees by owning every property they operate on

Fuck you.

Kinda put me off McDonald's with the whole powdered shakes, its a shame ill never have an ice cream McDonald's shake ever

All these mcdonalds threads appearing on the boards make me want to go out and get some burger King just to spite you faggots

At the end it says they eventually switched back. Personally, I don't see the big issue it's just a milkshake dehydrated then rehydrated and frozen.

They said at the end of it that they stopped using powdered shakes after some time.

However, the MC being a complete dickhead put me off from McDonalds

They were idiots for not getting it in writing, and should have known they would get jewed based on Kroc's previous behavior.

Wrong board, dipshit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kroc
>It is alleged that as part of the buyout Kroc promised, based on a handshake agreement, to continue the annual 0.5% royalty of the original agreement, but there is no evidence of this beyond a claim by a nephew of the McDonald brothers. Neither of the brothers publicly expressed disappointment over the deal.
Everything I've read suggests the McDonald brothers were assholes and Ray Kroc was the guy who put in tons of hard work towards creating the actual, functional franchising business model that made the brand wildly successful.
Those McDonald brothers didn't have any interest in expansion and even sabotaged Kroc's efforts e.g. by demanding he keep each new building exactly identical to the original building's blueprint when each state has its own building codes, which would effectively force him not to have new locations built out of state.

If they had an agreement that fit the criteria of a contract, written or not it is legally a contract. Not following the stipulations of a contract is breach of contract, which is an indictable offense on this scale.

Why does American criminal law handle breach of contract? Is it handled at the federal level or state?

Fuck off.
I'm poor and incredibly intelligent. lol

Fuck your bs system.
Not a commie neither.
Not a libertarian too.

Just a guy.

Try proving that in court against a crack legal team with indispensable funds.

I've made it a habit to secretly record every business meeting and when I end up delivering mail personally (like a night-mailbox), I record the delivery and if possible a nearby newsstand. Anyone trying to fuck me over will get fucked hard.

Lol I'm already savoring your sweet, tasty vindication when someone does and you catch them on it after years of tedious paranoia.

I have no idea. I am Canadian, so it is no doubt slightly different south of the border in terms of jurisdiction. Up here it would depend on the monetary value that the breach is worth, with smaller amounts going through provincial (state level in the US) small claims courts and larger ones going to superior / supreme courts at the provincial level. AFAIK breach of contract is treated as a tort, and illegal contracts are simply null and void.

Well that and this happened decades ago. No clue how one would go about suing for breach of oral contract back then. Perhaps you couldn't; I know even today that some contracts MUST be in writing to be valid. Today, there would be no way to honor any such contract due to, I'm sure, there being a limitation period of some kind in whatever jurisdiction the contract was "agreed to" in, unless the contract perhaps stipulated that it was to continue for a period of like eighty years or something and it was still in effect.

Contract law is pretty interesting.

what about Puerto Rico?
its a capitalist country and its failing

If the McDonald's Bros we're smart they would've lawyered up as soon as Ray began outstripping their power and used his previous breaches of contract in their original written contract to threaten to revoke his franchises and assume control of his sub contracts and use this to leverage him into signing a more favorable and permanent contract for the long term. But again they lacked initiative and vision so I don't really sympathize with them anymore than seeing them as tragic fools.

PR is not a country we are a protectorate

>i don’t see the big issue between something being made fresh and something freeze dried and reconstituted

He still made them millionaires.

Plus, why wasn't anybody smoking cigarettes in this movie? In 1964, 40% of American adults smoked.

Way to make it gay dude

nobody smoked in Hidden Figures either

pretty sure theyre just going to keep cutting it out

Look at how fucked up America is. It’s on the way down and probably won’t recover. Meanwhile China is rapidly rising to the top.

>Frozen ice cream
>Freeze dried
>Attempting to have standards about a child's drink

Verily sir, how couldst I hath not seen the indispensable value of one so cultured as thineself.

Probably because characters smoking or not smoking doesn't add anything to the plot and the general consensus today is that smoking is harmful to your health, giving them an incentive not to show everyone smoking in a way that might inadvertently promote cigarette use among younger audience goers.

Film fag here. Cigs are a pain in the ass for continuity, and the fake ones look like shit. Actors also sometimes ask for more per diam for shit like smoking, i'm not a producer so i dont know how common that is but it would be enough to ditch cogarettes entierly.

>China is communist
Lol, what year do you think this is?

>It’s on the way down and probably won’t recover.
How have you assess this? From what I gather statistically, your statement is false...

>when evidence is presented that counters muh agenda of muh commies fail hurr durr just pull out the alt-rights favorite tool: f-fake n-news!

And one might ask you since when does a corporate fascist state like the US bare any resemblance to capitalism or democracy ftm?

Oh you misunderstood me. I'm not the other user and I'm not alt right. The globe is ruled by a plutocratic oligarchy of international corporations and only the fevered dream of a left wing ideologue could see China as an exception. America actually resembles the fascist model most. And I don't mean in that pithy Republicans are Nazis sense. I mean that the government sanctions and supports specific corporations through various means.

and yet the US couldn't even protect it