Pancake mix

What's the best pancake/waffle mix?

>pancake mix
They're all the same.

if you have a GFS gordon food service store in your area, try GFS pancake mix. smells like birthday cake when cooking and it's nice and fluffy. sweet too

this is the right answer

cringe

>using the same dry ingredients for pancakes and waffles

Americans are borderline retarded and do everything wrong.

I had never even tried pancake mix until I was in my 30s. I asked my wife what the fuck she did to the pancakes. It was bisquick. It has a pretty strange flavor and bad texture compared to scratch pancakes.

the one you make yourself

Not true. The ones where you only need to add water are terrible. Ones that have you add water, egg and oil are the best.

All the same, just add milk eggs and melted butter to it and your good

Home made. Pancake mix is so fucking easy to make.

>have you add water, egg and oil
At that point why not just make it from scratch? That's half the damn ingredients.

>buying what you already have but repackaged and marked up

>half the damn ingredients
it is actually 3/4ths of the ingredients

>water
>egg
>oil
>pancake mix

Just use plain fucking flour.

+eggs and milk and you're settled.

Greetings from the motherfucking Netherlands.

>Wifey is nice enough to make pancakes
>'what the fug did you do to the pancakes?'

Aunt Jemima's was the first pancake mix. Usually I go from scratch but pancakes made from that mix ain't too bad.

No question.

I haven't had that flavor, but krusteaz has a really nice homemade kind of flavor that I like. It doesn't taste like something from a box. Not cheap though
I'm sure that would make something similar to pancakes, but to make good buttermilk ones you need a lot more ingredients and effort.

wrong you have to add oil to the waffle recipie

>pumpkin spice
this stuff any good?
methinks is just a meme for roasties and basic bitches

it's just cinnamon
i dont like it

>muh buddermilk

Flour
Baking powder
Eggs
Milk
Salt
Butter

Congratulations, enjoy your delicious fluffy slab without ingesting shit like monotetrafluoride, soy protein isolate, and whatever the fuck EDTA is.

Always used bisquick, made them from scratch most recently and they weren't as good, but close

My mum got me a waffle iron for Christmas. What's a tried and tested recipe to make the batter? Units preferably in grams and ml, thank you.

Ugh

>he’s into ‘memes’

Wow I cant believe I found somewhere to post this. Ad from an old food magazine from like the 40s or 50s my sister has. I just found it kind of funny. My grandma sticks by krustez or however its spelled.

Kek

Do it like grandma did, and ignore store bought crap.
Base recipe:
2 Tablespoons of flour
2 Eggs
2dl of milk

Adapt the ratio to your liking and according to the local properties of the ingredients.
Make em thick,thin,anyway you like them.
Enjoy!

>2dl of milk
>2 fucking decaliters of milk

I've never found a boxed mix that's as good as making your own. Just do it, faggot. You can even mix up the dry ingredients in bulk, so it's always ready to go. Also, for waffles, replace 1/2 cup of the flour with 1/2 cup of cornstarch. It makes your waffles crispier on the outside.

There's a really good mix at costco, I think it's called "grizzly cakes" or something. Good for pancakes and waffles, and not inundated with sugar and salt like most commercial mixes

1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp malted milk powder

and allspice and cloves

nigga just go to ihop

If you add buttermilk and a tablespoon of powdered sugar to the mix these are 100x better than ihop