Anyone here have any insider secrets to getting hot...

Anyone here have any insider secrets to getting hot, tasty food that has been freshly cooked to order at fast food restaurants?

Ask for fries with no salt. They'll know exactly what you're doing, but they can't say no. When I worked fast food as a teen, our manager said to just dunk the fries in the fryer for a few seconds to 'freshen them up' instead of making all new back of fries. No one seemed to mind that a little salt was still left, because they honestly just wanted fresh fries and didn't give a fuck about salt.

Still pissed me off as a worker, though. I mean, I get it. I really do. But it still made more work for me. Someone at the drive thru pulling that shit at 12:15pm on a monday was likely to get spit in their fries.

I work at a fast food place and i cannot for the life of me understand why 90% of other fast food workers have attitudes as shitty as yours. Throwing new fries into a fryer is not the fast food equivalent of building Rome. Dont be a fucking baby.

Yeah fuck those asshole customers making you do your job, who do they think they are?

Wash the starch off the taters, same with race

This, it's not like they're asking you to lick their shoes and wipe their ass for fuck's sake.

>Lunch rush at McDolans
>People are hungry and ornery and inconsiderate as fuck
>Fat Black ladies are ready to bite your head off and boss man is up your ass about speedy service
>Asshole isn't happy with his fast food and wants his fat and salt as fresh as possible
>If people weren't getting their food quickly before then this is a step back
>People get angry at the wagie instead of the asshole who wants fries a second out of the fryer
>This is somehow not stressful

Yeah, you never worked fast food.
>inb4 yes I did
Fuck off.

>order food a certain way
>get spit on
>food comes out the wrong order or messed up
>get spit on
>'dude you should be grateful we even made it for you lmao'

does it really happen in america??

Lol whiny bitch, working in fast food isn't hard. There's a reason they hire literal autists to run that shit.

Order the vegan burger, literally nobody orders them so you get a hot and fresh sandwich every time

No, asking for special orders at a fast food place is like harassing customer service at wal-mart until you get your way. You're deviating from the norm and causing trouble for other people.

It may be part of my job as an admin to process orders that sales put in on the last day of the month instead of a week before like decent human beings (so I wouldn't be stuck at work until midnight the last day of every month), but that doesn't mean it's okay to make me do it. It's a douchebag move.

If you want better food, pay a higher price at a restaurant that isn't a streamlined machine to pump low quality garbage into fat americans. Fast food is not optimized for fresh fries. Special toppings can be handled with minimum fuss. But fresh fries requires an open fryer and someone to watch over for 3 minutes during lunchtime rush when we need both the fryer and our attention on other things.

>living around black people
That was your first mistake.

If making fries without salt wasn't part of your job, you wouldn't do it. You do it, so it's part of your job.

>making fast food for a living is a shitty job
Wow who would have guessed? Breaking news here, everyone.

>>this is somehow not stressful
You want stress? I'll give you fucking stress.
>halloween at Domino's, the only one in our area code
>between the hours of 3PM and 7:30PM we had anywhere from 200 to 300 orders PLACED and WAITING TO BE COOKED, as well as hundreds of orders we had to store in these nigger rigged pizza bags on every table-like object in our tiny building
>100% pissed off soccer moms
>several cashiers (including myself) had to look customers in the eye and tell them that we gave their order (the one they waited for 2+ hours for) to the wrong person
>god knows how many pissed off moms on a silent hold on the phones
>4 people on the make line at any given time (barely enough for a regular friday rush) and 2 people at the registers all night
>assistant manager who literally had soft down syndrome kept misreading the screen where the orders pop up, taking correctly-made pizzas OUT OF THE OVEN, adding the WRONG TOPPINGS, and putting them back in the oven

You know what we did when the whole shitshow was over? We high fived, laughed at our mistakes, laughed harder at our fucktarded customers, and went home. No semen, no spit, no autistic rage. What is your excuse?

When i said "several cashiers" i meant me and the other dude had to do that several times. Your post dropped my IQ 20 points so thats where that error came from.

based fucking domino's

your working with people who couldn't be bothered to finish their homework, study for an exam, or get to class. of course their gonna carry that attitude to the only place thatll hire em.

Same with any restaurant: if you want fresh food go in when it's busy.

Understand the difference between challenging and hard, you worthless fuck.

>works in fast food
>thinks its difficult to maintain quality food
>spits in peoples orders

you won't survive in a real job if you cant tolerated McDicks. Enjoy a life of poverty.

>understand the difference between synonyms

Kek no wonder you work in fast food

order some food to go.
when you get home or 10 minutes later if your not heading home. call and tell the manager your food was old and cold. tell the manager you can't come back today and ask if you can come another time. they will probably put your name and maybe the food ordered in a book for these situations. when you go back ask to see the manager and tell the manager to make sure the fries and burger is as fresh as possible, take your receipt too

>you worthless fuck.
Said the guy who thinks a mcjob is high pressure

literally laughing at your life right now

>I signed a contract to undertake a shitty job that I knew I would hate but fuck you for making me actually do it
>ughhh this successful businessman on his lunch break wants FRESH fries instead of stale ones, what a dick, how dare he expect me to use the deep fryer an extra time today.
>waaah I have to serve niggers at lunchtime
Re-evaluate your life

>tfw genuinely like my fries without salt sometimes
>everytime I order it get dirty looks and probably spit in my fries
Lifehack fags ruined this for me.

>mfw when a fastfood worker thinks he can post on human websites

You cannot NOT live around black people
I live in Alaska and we STILL have black people. (And THEN we've got the Native problem, too)

Why wouldn't you have a constant supply of fresh batches during lunch hours?

>can i have my order prepared fresh? thank you

fucking clowns

>You cannot NOT live around black people
the small "village" I live in. the census says of the 1,137 people that live here only .09 percent are black. I've never seen one here.
I thought alaska might be cool to live in but I might be wrong. tell us more about alaska

Anchorage a shit, fairbanks full of meth heads, expensive as fuck, lots of guns, legalized weed, lots of meth, free money, free meth, did I mention that there's meth?
Move to North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming or Maine, bucko. Far whiter. Wyoming also has the bonus of making coastfags very butthurt when there's a national election.

Why go to fast food if you don't want it served as quickly as possible? It's only marginally nicer when fresh. Like slapping lipstick on a bushpig.

>free money
the US Government has a set income level for what they consider "poverty". it's several thousand dollars higher for Hawaii and Alaska (12,000 for the lower 48, 14,000 for Hawaii, and 15,000 for Alaska)
even when the PFD was uncapped it was rarely more than $1500 and that doesn't even begin to cover the cost of living increase for your average person.
"free oil money" is a stupid bullshit meme

True, doesn't really do shit when you factor in that a gallon of milk up there is fuckin 10 dollars. Or the fact that housing is fuckexpensive. Honestly, only reason I'd see to live there is if you're born there and already have some land, or you're in the oil industry. I'd love to visit some day though, if only to go hunting giant burrs.

For fries you ask for well-done, that way usually they fry a new batch.

>Too lazy to spend 20 seconds dumping new fries in the fryer
>Considers this stressful
>Fine with tampering with people's food
I'm glad people like you will soon be out of a job thanks to automation.

>AND I WANT
>*snaps fingers*
>MY FOOD
>*rips bong*
>FRESH

Make line can barely fit more than 4 people at the Domino's I used to work at.

Yeah, go home and make some fries.

Stop doing this shit to fast food wagies. You're not special or gaming the system. You're being an autist who is holding up the work flow and pissing off other customers.

Had to work at McDonalds for some time between school. That one asian woman was dealing with the fries, making new batches and filling the portions. Usually when you take an order you are supposed to have it done within under a minute but whenever someone asked for fresh or unsalted fries I had to wait way too long until the fryer was done with a fresh batch (around 2 minutes) or until i finally got a hold of the fries scoop.
Cant really do much meanwhile either or someone will dump salt on the fresh fries.
Had to quit after I got a bad stomach bug from that one indian co-worker.
The job wasn't hard but if people want fresh then they shouldn't get fucking impatient.
Also I never went eating fast food again after working there.

I ask for no onions on my whopper.
>implying i mind the spit from a woman

yeah.... just ask for them to make it fresh they have to if you straight up ask

Chill the fuck out faggot. You're not saving lives it's just fast food

There's no such thing as "fresh fries" because they are always fried twice. Otherwise, they are utter shit. Dunking them again would make them better actually.

Farm your own food and prepare it yourself.

I respect the heck out of you. Been working at a Whataburger these past 6 months, and everyone does what they have to. Although, very stressful, hard work pays off in a prosperous and financial manner. *high five*

The worst part is that those other customers are retarded and don't understand it's you who did it.
They get angry at the wagies.

order unsalted fries and order all of your burgers without pickles.
They always put too much salt on the fries anyway and nobody likes pickles on a burger.
Might have to wait a couple mins but the food is always piping hot and fresh every time.

>fast food workers bitching about having to do their job
>fast food workers thinking they are anything more than a cog in the machine that serves real humans
>fast food workers thinking they even deserve basic human rights
Stop bitching and make me some fresh fries and tendies you absolute filth.

>this cuck

Hahaha

Here's a fucking thought: just ASK them to drop something fresh for you.

If it's slow or if it's an item that doesn't sell a lot (ANY fish item at a burger joint, for instance), it's almost guaranteed that you will get old nuggies/fries.

You can go the passive-aggressive route and ask for no salt, but they will literally drop some fresh for you if you just ask.

What you should do though: don't ask them to do this in the drive-thru. That fucks up their drive-thru times. Go in the store.

And don't ask them in the middle of a lunch rush (except for the aforementioned items that don't sell). If it's busy as fuck, it's more than likely that you are going to get fresh food.

Never order to go, fast food is fucking garbage once it starts getting cold so eat in the nasty ass dining area and eat quickly before the heat starts to leave.

go when its really busy

Literally just say "Could you make it fresh I don't mind waiting"

As long as they know you don't care if it takes 10 minutes to make it's not a problem.

i only ever see niggers, blue collar losers, autistic virgin neckbeards, and other comparable douches doing that shit.

gotta be a real dumb ass to expect made to order food from the lowest bidder in town. go to Five Guys if you want made to order food, they are designed to process those kind of orders which is why they have shitloads of staff and cost more.

people who go to the cheapest businesses and then act like they will take their business somewhere more expensive if you dont treat them like royalty all need to be shot.

ikr, I still have to deal with it:

>40 minutes until close
>fryers cleaned and turned off
>grills cleaned and ready for tomorrows open

>uhh can I get 3 big macs and 5 double cheese burgers no pickles?

If you try to pull this stunt there is a 110% you WILL have your food tempered with. Enjoy that saliva (if you're lucky that's all you'll get). It amazes me how people think they can pull this off and expect their food to be spit free. Even the fucking managers are in on it. Some buffoon had the audacity to order 7 cheeseburgers 42 minutes from close, jokes on that fat fuck he's probably in the ER right now

stop reposting this filth

42 minutes? That's nearly an hour. and how long does it take to cook those patties, 3-4 minutes? Maybe 5? I don't know user it sounds like y'all are lazy as fuck and want to LEAVE WORK AT CLOSE, which is not generally how "closing" works.

>be behind the asshole who asks for "no salt" on his fries
>after waiting 10 minutes I finally get my order
>my fries are unsalted as well

Death to those that ask for no salt

Never order unpopular or specialty items. Angus burgers are allowed to sit for 1 hour, but generally sit for 2-3

I'd rather eat a cold, 3 day old mcchicken than a hot fresh vegan burger.

??
You would serve burgers that where cooked more than 40 minutes ago??

That's pretty bad to be honest, unless you lover the price quite a bit at that hour.

>Cleaning fryers and grill before you close
You're supposed to do literally everything but that before you close

just cook your own fucking food don't eat trash

Either when it's super busy or it's deserted. When it's kinda wishy-washy you might get refried fries.

>it's another "lol childish, i actually make 8 figures a year doing nothing and know your job better than you do" thread

user, it doesn't take fucking Einstein to know what working in a fast food joint is like.

Wage slaves don't deserve human rights, they are just that -- slaves, who only make enough money for basic necessities. Can we go back to being honest about slavery again?

>spitting in food
i have worked in several fast food places and have never seen this but thanks for telling me so i can never ever eat at any of them ever again

Were you seriously not aware of this phenomenon until now?

Einstein had the good graces to put his theorizing to practical applications instead of saying he was right and expecting you to swallow it lad
Dude it's THE pop-culture conception of fast-food and chain-restaurant work based off of all the isolated incidents that cropped up, how did you not ever hear of it before now

Being a dishwasher at Pizza Hut, I was ready to kill myself.
>Only one there the second month in
>Other dishwasher was a shitty teenager who didn't wash the pans correctly, was a shrewd little fuck, ended up quitting one Friday night.
>Stayed the night shift often, was there until 1:30 AM when we closed at midnight, sometimes we stayed until 2AM just to clean up the store
>Manager that hired me went to Utah, replaced with shittier managers, one was a short chick with a nice ass, the asst. manager was nice at least
>Other than the faggot I mentioned, everyone was cool. Teens/college kids with some older people lingering about. Good people, shitty job seems to be the usual routine
>New management was ASS, no one to come in during the mornings, had to clean seven hours worth of dishes when I came in
>Asst. manager mentioned dishwashers quit routinely [spoiler]spoiler alert[/spoiler], makes me a pizza because I took on the job with no lip, this was her first job, she was nineteen with a twenty-six year old boyfriend, she looked older than that
>District manager was a dyke, fucked over a guy was going to become a manager for the short chick who fucked up everything
>Last day of June that year, come in to NINE cans of dishes
>Do the work for thirty minutes, finally had enough and went out the back door. They never even questioned my leaving

Same day, got my other job back and got my last check at that wretched place two weeks later. I made it a rule to never work at food service and I was right in everything I feared. I didn't eat pizza for a whole year.

No, you need to swallow your masters cum because you are dirty slave. I feel disgusted even responding to you, you are that far beneath me.

You are like a cow who stands in shit all day. Get out of my sight you piece of trash

I count seconds, you're supposed to be driving off the property 90 seconds after you got in line; your 20 seconds is 22% of everyone's time. Plus you've now forced me to fail a performance target for you because your order now takes over 180 seconds just to cook

My master is the performance tracking computers, you're an analogue to them; I don't care about you I care that the numbers on my screen don't turn red and that's the only thing my bosses actually care about.

Well-done at my store would've gotten you already done fries thrown back into the oil for a little longer. Nobody is making a whole batch of darker fries for you

Just for that I will intentionally make it my life's mission to enrage the metal masters of the slave caste

C-c-can you teach me how to be edgy online??

>Plus you've now forced me to fail a performance target for you because your order now takes over 180 seconds just to cook
That sounds like your problem not mine, perhaps if you worked harder you wouldn't have these issues

I mean we are just gonna dip old fries in the oil, the metal masters demand it

Someone tell me if I was in the wrong

>go to Whataburger
>order grilled chicken melt
>it's been like 6 minutes
>guy pops out of drive thru window
>please pull around to the front of the store we'll bring it to you
>pull around
>6 minutes later nothing
>get out of car and to in to see what's up
>They say the grilled chicken had to get made fresh
>I say "If it was going to take that long you should've let me know and I would have ordered something else"
Was I being a dick, this wasn't during a rush or anything it was like 3pm.

I mean you were a dick but not wrong, cashiers should tell you if a small order takes more than six minutes

>Being pissed they're making it fresh
>thinking the cashier knows what the kitchen has ready
Should've gone to mcducks

>thinking the cashier knows what the kitchen has ready
Yeah they do, they usually tell me if something is going to take 10+ minutes.

>Order comes up on screen
>Kitchen doesn't have grilled chicken
>Yells at service crew that they're holding on it
>Before user pays for his food tell him that it's an x minute wait (which the service person should know)
That's what should have happened

salt the oil

Best of keks

Go rural. Real rural. I used to live in Raven VA, no black people at all. Had to go all the way to Honaker to see any.

Lemme tell you a secret, but don't tell anyone because that's not an easy pill to swallow: if you clean the kitchen 40 minutes before closure because you want to fly the fuck out of that hellish place at the highest speed ever imaginable, then rest fucking assured someone's gonna come in and ask for food.
In a 40 minute time window it's sure as eggs is eggs someone's going to order something, especially fries and burgers.
Are you literally mentally challenged to not understand that 40 minutes it's almost an hour? It's right when thay say fast food jobs are taken only by brain-dead people who have no education whatsoever. Enjoy being a slave

You’re replying to old pasta, newfriend.

>hot, tasty food that has been freshly cooked to order
>fast food
Pick one. If you eat fast food, you are there to get food NOW. If you don't want it NOW, go to a sit-down restaurant.

This.
I don't know about 5 guys specifically, but the point of fast food is that the food is prepared in advance and served on order. If you want your food cooked on order, go to a slow-food restaurant.

in my experience, fast food is better during their lunch rush. Kind of like how buffets are only good when it's busy and the food doesn't have time to sit around under the heat lamps.

Sitting down is a worse experience. I want to eat my food at home, by my own sink and bathroom, with my own paper towels.

He agreed that it is part of the job. His point is, that it is still an asshole thing to do. And he is right. The fact, that there are a lot of people who have no qualms with acting like an asshole is sad.

Do you belong to those people? Do you want to make me sad?

Putting salt on my chips is an asshole thing to do.

>He agreed that it is part of the job
There are parts of my job that I don't like, but I don't deliberately sabotage those parts because of that, and you know why? Because I'm not a pathetic, over entitled, under educated, cunt.

>it is still an asshole thing to do
No its not

>he is right
No he's not

> there are a lot of people who have no qualms with acting like an asshole is sad.
I'm paying for a specific product - a product that is intended to be served hot. If I don't receive the product I have paid for in the manner it is intended to be delivered.

>Do you belong to those people?
You're damn right I do.

>Do you want to make me sad?
Bitch please, if that makes you sad your therapy bills are going to be insane once puberty hits

Maybe you should seek out a restaurant that makes unsalted fries regularly, without needing special ordering in a fast food restaurant, whose whole business model evolves around ready-made standardized food items. Or make them out home. Or deep fry them in the heat of your ass crack.

Or.. just order them in a fast food restaurant as it is faster and cheaper.