What did Veeky Forums make of pic related, did Humbert do anything wrong?

What did Veeky Forums make of pic related, did Humbert do anything wrong?

hWhomst knows hwhat he actually did?

i think he killed the mother right?

Nah she died on accident running out into the street, not looking both ways.

The film's alright. It doesn't really capture the book's magic, but it comes closer to doing that than the (better) Kubrick film. Of course he was wrong -- he destroyed a young girl's childhood.

Was he an autist? Mason's performance certainly made him look that way. And Irons is too good at playing sexual deviants

Book cover is making me feel a little weird t B h

Well he raped her, depends on whether rape is wrong or if if's anime

worth noting that humbert is not a reliable narrator

didn't lolita suck some lad's willy at summer camp, sounds like she was ready for the dick to me

Right. I bet Dolores was at least 21 years old.

The real question is,

Did he kill charlotte?!?!?!?

The narrative is amusing and the prose is great. That's the fancy covering but at least for me it's hollow and in the end it's a book about a sad pedo. Couldn't relate and say I learned anything or that it's among my favorites.

He's a cunt to everyone throughout the entire book, a miserable elitist dick who loathes everyone including himself.

Also he's a pedo.

Great book.

Got a boner huh?

I'm reading it right now, the writing is incredible. Nabokov sits upon the absolute apex of modernism

If you're inclined to believe the driver's account, she slipped, but instead of falling backwards she fell forwards into the car. Considering Charlotte just learned of HH and Lo's relationship, it wouldn't have been a stretch to see it as intentional

Pretty much, yeah

She had a little bit of a lesbian fling with this girl at camp, but then one of her friends started having sex the camp owner's son, so out of fomo she tried it too.

"I have but followed nature. I am nature's faithful hound. Why then this horror that I cannot shake off? Did I deprive her of her flower? Sensitive gentlewomen of the jury, I was not even her first lover." "... and at one point, among the undergrowth, Lo would be let as sentinel,, while Barbara and the boy copulated behind a bush. At first, Lo had refused 'to try what it was like', but curiosity and camaraderie prevailed, and soon she and Barbara were doing it by turns with the silent, coarse and surly but indefatigable Charlie..." "Although conceding it was 'sort of fun'and fine for the complexion', Lolita, I am glad to say, held Charlie's mind and matters in the greatest contempt."

Lolita was a whore

You haven't seen anything yet user

Lolita covers get more blatant every time I see a new one

thats an old penguin cover

Humbert projected his resentment of his first lover on Lolita. His distorted view of women and of children coupled with the need to justify his actions made him convinced that she's a promiscuous, barely human creature whose only purpose is the sexual satisfaction of men. This delusion is very common among pedos, or sexual predators in general.

i own this now, and i still don't want to read it.

>Having an underage girl in The Pose on the cover

welp

Little girls do that pose all the time irl, user. Normal people don't view feet as erogenous zones.