Started eating all my meals with giardiniera

>started eating all my meals with giardiniera
>all meals far more enjoyable than ever before
what have you done that vastly improved food for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCfp3RHc5fM&t=14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i started putting pepper on meat

sounds a bit like polish gherkin salad

it's a regional condiment, you're falling on deaf ears user

Shits soo good
I have started growing herbs to garnish and season with. Very good stuff

>tfw started eating oats a while back and mixing them into various foods
that shit goes well with so many things
favorite thing so far is making tacos with beef, oats, and other shit like peppers in em. you wouldn't think it's that good, but the texture just goes well with the meat. then again i always liked shit like that, like dipping steak into mashed potatoes.

You can get picked vegetables in any grocery store. It's not the same, but it's similar. I like the cauliflower ones the best. They're really briny.. briney..

we use olive salad in place of giardenera.

When I discovered how well lime juice goes with Mexican food, my whole perception of the cuisine was drastically improved

Wow how long did it take you to stub your toe on the obvious lime wedge.

The shitty places I went to often had no limes and I just never grew up putting it on when they did. It's not super authentic here so often there is no lime

Bummer where you from? Obviously you're east of Nevada.

Probably the Midwest. The East Coast has a decently big enough Mexican population to have some more authentic places around. The Midwest is just white people eating beef, corn, and potatoes as far as the eye can see.

I can my own every summer with vegetables from the garden. I end up with enough to last most of the winter. I still have about 10 litre size jars in the basement. I'll make smaller size jars too as part of Christmas presents, to bring to dinners/parties, etc.

Don't forget the HFCS drinks and desserts!

I put vinegar on almost everything I eat now. It's just distilled vinegar because it's cheap and doesn't have too much flavor so it won't clash with anything, but the added acidity makes so many things a lot better. Bean dishes, stews, steamed vegetables, I even put a little in my mac and cheese.

I also can't have tomatoes anymore so I started putting pickled beets on things, or pureeing them into a ketchup-like substitute. Pretty good.

Outside of NYC the east coast has no good Mexican food. I've been there y'all suck.

please stop bullying flyovers.

"chicago style" giardiniera uses oil instead of vinegar and hot peppers instead of bell peppers.

the reason why it's so delicious is because the oils from the peppers diffuse into the oil in the giardiniera. this ends up with all the vegetables being infused with a hot flavor. i personally don't like carrots, but carrots in giardiniera are delicious.

i thought pickled jalapenos were great before i tried giardiniera, but they are nowhere near as good because the vinegar flavor overpowers everything.

To be fair I grew up in Virginia and 90% of places from Hampton Roads, to Richmond, to DC were all the same, no lime, slop bucket Mexican restaurants. Runny refried beans, goldeen rice, slice of tomato for garnish, and an anemic main portion. Didn't have great Mexican until I moved to Chicago near the Albany Park neighborhood.

and the best breakfast in the country, little bitch boy.
youtube.com/watch?v=gCfp3RHc5fM&t=14s

Its why I love piccalilli

More like I started putting pepper on everything. There's a right amount of that shit for every single item in your kitchen.

>Albany Park
fukken hipster

>Don't forgetta mezzetta!

i hope it tastes better than it looks.

started working out

I started buying jars of pepperoncini to have with food thanks to Papa Johns. Was a good decision overall.

Giardiniera is literally everywhere, wtf you talking about?

t. Flyover

Sesame oil on Asian food

>soy oil
The memes write themselves

You’re such a fag

Put some pepperoncini in with your pot roast and taste the magic. Look up a Mississippi Pot Roast recipe for something stupidly easy and delicious.

Flyover, no matter how you dress it up.

>Mississippi Pot Roast
so it's just meat with pepperoncini?

You can find authentic Mexican food all over the Midwest; Mexicans have been doing the agricultural work here for generations. Do you really think none of them decided to open up a restaurant?

Has someone told the people of Indiana that Indianapolis is a really uninspired name for a city in Indiana? If I were reading a novel and there was some madeup place called Indiana and the capital of it were called Indianapolis, I would instantly assume that the author is lazy and uninspired.

On the topic of the thread, I usually use some curry powder on most savoury dishes.

Yes, and one big difference is that a lot of the Mexicans in the Midwest are fresh immigrants, as opposed to places like Texas where they have been assimilating for centuries, hence Tex Mex. The east coast doesn't even have very many mexicans at all. I live in Chicago and they make up close to a third of the population.

>bragging about being drowned out by spics as if it's a point of pride
lmao

The argument is about whether or not the Midwest has authentic Mexican food. It does, and it has a lot of it.

It's meat, pepperoncini, packet of ranch dip powdered seasoning, packet of some other beef gravy seasoning, and a whole fucking stick of butter on top in the Crock-Pot. The resulting gravy is best sopped up with copious amounts of bread.

>packet of ranch dip powdered seasoning
what the fug

I've made that before. The roast was small for the whole packet so it came out slightly salty, but it's got a nice twang, especially if you add the pepperocini juice.

>what have you done that vastly improved food for you?

I started growing my own food, herbs, and spices.

you grow cows?

It tastes great. Even though it looks like semi digested baby food vomit.