Who is the Canadian Shakespeare?

Who is the Canadian Shakespeare?

Other urls found in this thread:

globalnews.ca/news/3231630/trudeau-over-trump-more-americans-prefer-pm-as-their-president-ipsos-poll/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neil Peart

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

Bump.

Jeff lemire?

Justin Bieber

Kaur

Leonard Cohen

Gaston Miron.

Margaret Atwood

For Quebec it's probably Felix Leclerc, for Montreal specifically I'd say Michel Tremblay

>Not Nelligan

>canadians
>knowledge of writing
Start with the Australians.

Canada doesn't have any great authors. But some good ones:

Anne Carson, Northrop Frye, Stephen Leacock, Alice Munroe

Quebec has some good shit apparently but you never hear of it outside of French schools

>yfw Canada will never produce anything worthwhile in the fields of architecture, music, literature, philosophy, politics, or film
>yfw Canada will probably fade into irrelevance as a country, no one will care about it in less than twenty years
literally the country equivalent of penny dreadfuls

>music
It's not good really "good" music, but Canada has actually been pretty strong in American pop music over the last 10 years. Bieber, Mendes, Drake. Neil Young will also be remembered.

>philosophy
We have Charles Taylor and the Ethics of Authenticity/Malaise of Modernity. Steven Pinker is kind of relevant too. We also have Peterson :')

>politics
Some how Americans are getting cuked by the cuck tho globalnews.ca/news/3231630/trudeau-over-trump-more-americans-prefer-pm-as-their-president-ipsos-poll/

Canadians are absolutely awful writers and the only things we can write is children books.

I'm not even really sure why, for a recently founded backwater colony with a small population we're overrepresented in the arts in general, but Canada can't write worth a damn.

>yfw Canada will never produce anything worthwhile in the fields of architecture, music, literature, philosophy, politics, or film

Canada is massively overrepresented in film, we just associate with the Americans so much our contribution gets blurred. Kind of weak to attack Canada in a field where it is punching massively above its weight.

I am going to say straight up the best Canadian author is Robert Munsch though simply because he's the only Canadian author who can write stories I would actually recommend somebody actually buy. Even if he's a children's picture book author.

Canada lacks ANY good playwrights or poets so there is no Shakespeare equivalent. Canadian '''''poets'''' are cringeworthy slam poetry neckbeards.

>Margaret Atwood

No

>Lucy Maud Montgomery

Only wrote one good book.

>Northrop Frye

Too boring and wonkish, lacks broad appeal.

Canada is just the US with 300 million less people

I would have to go with Kevin MacDonald.

>Canadian Shakespeare

would have to be a screen writer or director seeing as Shakespeare was a playwright and everyone here is listing poets and novelists

David Cronenberg would be the Canadian Christopher Marlow

Ill say Bruce McDonald for the Bard

trucuck needs to fucking hang

Kevin MacDonald?

I hate trudeau so goddamn much.

Justin Trudeau or Jordan A. Peterson

Anyone see Kween Lear and 12th Night in High Park?