>iliad & odyssey
>moby dick
>brothers k
>blood meridian
>either metamorphosis or the trial
>bible
>lolita
>stoner

anything else universally loved or memed here?

notes from the underground

>no Culture of Critique

the ego and its own

fpbp best post

>two works deal with antisemitism
>suddenly nazi propaganda
i dont think so

back to mu you fucking faggot

That's one faggot spamming that. There needs to be multiple people for it to count as Veeky Forumscore.

sry was just thinking fiction

>investigating the truth
>antisemitism

RIP Veeky Forums

>begging for an arbitrary conformity for an activity that is supposed to encourage free thought

Jorge Luis Borges

Taking into account both aesthetic, themes, and execution.

ITAOTS : The Red Book (Carl Jung)
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished : Lolita
Kid A: Infinite Jest
Spiderland : Kafka Collected Stories
Loveless: Book of Disquiet
Burial: (genre shit)
Remain In Light: ?
In The Court of the Crimson King: ?
Lift Your Skinny Wrists: The Last Wolf
MBDTF: (Something Reddit likes)
Exmilitary: ("Grim" crime novel)
American Football: Ordinary People

Shakespeare still gets mentioned on here a lot; however, I've noticed fewer and fewer conversations about his actual works taking place. At any given time there are three threads focused more or less exclusively on Moby Dick, and much slighter writers than Melville, like Lovecraft, with none centered around Hamlet, Lear, Othello, Macbeth, the Tempest, Julius Caesar, Antony and Cleopatra, etc. I think this is a lamentable oversight, and shows a chasmic gap in Veeky Forums's sphere of concern. Joyce of the meme trilogy was OBSESSED with the Swan of Avon, and Infinite Jest is literally named after a line spoken by "Hamlet"'s eponymous protagonist. Everyone writes in his shadow, and anyone who writes worth a damn knows it, and either worships at his altar, drawing wisdom and poetry and inspiration from him as if from a fountain of Beauty itself, or else rejects him, and lives like a wilful sinner aware of God's existence, his omnipotence, his omniscience, but nevertheless unwilling to submit to him, his superior by infinite degrees, his father and creator.

This may not make him Veeky Forumscore, but rather pre-core. As is starting with the Greeks for Western thought in general, so is starting with Shakespeare for English language poetry/fiction/drama.

also Ulysses, Moby Dick and GR are pretty gud

this list minus stoner too

I remember checking out /mu/ to find new bands. I downloaded that Neutral Milk Hotel CD and never went back to /mu/. It was dogshit.

Remain in Light has to be Gravity's Rainbow or White Noise, or any post-modernist novel Veeky Forums gets wet over.

Actually the lyrics are pretty Veeky Forums tier.

how the fuck did you manage to be so wrong about everything

Well I'm not listening to music to hear a fucking audiobook. It was folk music garbage.

what music do you like?

>nothing overtly electronic

/mu/ is a boring echo chamber with no sense of having taste that isn't given accentpance by what they consider to be their own shoddy "underground culture of real aesthetes" which is nothing more than the age old fear of alienation which poisons the individual's ability to define their own taste to themselves lest they be ridiculed by their own trite and tiresome in-group of circular masturbatory nonsense.

Kid A is okay, but certainly over emphasized.
On loveless, sometimes is a really pretty, sublime track, but the rest doesn't transcend the way most people think it might. Godspeed doesn't have a great deal of re-listen value, nor Court of the Crimson King. As for Death Grips, ...that ought to show you what kind of annoying people frequent that board.

Sorry man, I can't trust you if you're going to recommend me music. I learned my lesson from /mu/.

In the Court of the Crimson King is fantastic...

It's pretty great, I'll remit what I said. moonchild is a very atmospheric track which you can get lost in.

I can't say much for the mastering of the whole album though, I'd preferred if certain elements were given more emphasis but it comes out somewhat flat. It's definitely a cut above the rest though.

I won't judge user :)

Is this the most literate album ever made?

Marshall McLuhan

youtube.com/watch?v=6SU6Ef30o4E

Name of the Rose
Meditations

I'd switch Ordinary People to Catcher in the Rye. For Esme even gets referenced on their ep.

>This

The sharethreads are generally worth checking out.

The lyrics are the worst part. Even worse than the music.

Really against the grain. Good for you.

kayne west would probably be rupi kyaur

>/mu/tards come to daddy Veeky Forums for validation episode
The albums on the chart are roughly equivalent to New Yorker bestsellers.

And you are a retard.

Wow /mu/ really is disgusting. It's like if /sffg/ completely took over Veeky Forums. Just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach, we need to take action and send these subhumans back where they came from before it's too late.

The Greeks
Anything by Dostoevsky
Stirner
Communist manifesto
Friedrich Onii-chan
Lolita

What's the Boulez equivalent of Veeky Forums

Kek fucking pseuds

lel

wut mate

meme music from the meme side of youtube

literally numale pardner: the chart

Music is a more powerful art form than literature. A pop album by an indie group holds more worth than anything ever written. It's okay if you deny that, but deep down you know it's true.