What does Veeky Forums do for a living?

What does Veeky Forums do for a living?
I'm assuming none of you actually make your living from writing. I for one work at a medical bookstore and sell stethoscopes, lab coats, diet pepsi, and Cheez-its to doctors, nurses, and students.

Also, what makes a job Veeky Forums? Is it the type of work involved or the ability to do Veeky Forums activities such as writing or reading at work?

>medical bookstore
>bookstore
>doesn't list selling books
Cmon B. Write sonnets on cheez its you sell and sleep with a bunch of nurses.

I was thinking it would be more book like when I applied. We sale a few medical textbooks and hospital personal stories but that's about it.

I would but my boss is anal as fuck and the majority of people that come in are married. Shit sucks yo

Im a baggage handler at an airport. Basically loading containers. Its shit I know but I am going back to university next year.

A side benefit is that I never had so much reading/writing time as of now. Lots of waiting time for luggage to arrive, dont need to focus on the work much, supervisors dont care that I read while working.

I am a programmer for a AAA video game company. The hours are long. It used to be "rewarding" as it was my "childhood dream" but now I'm very burned out and don't play video games anymore. At least I can listen to podcasts while I program.

which country user?
t.fellow baggage handling pleb

I'm a machinist. It's all prototype stuff so there is a lot of meticulous inspection that I just have to wait around for. It's a lot of hours but I can pretty much do whatever I want there besides play guitar.

I'm a professional cuck. Been serving my countries army for over 4 years.

Retirement plan consultant

Anyone know of any good jobs that allow you to read during work? Planning on switching jobs soon and want to make sure I can get away with the same crap

Define "good"

I write, get published, and make no money. I hope one day to.

that was my childhood dream too, then I realized what I truly like is to create the videogames worlds, and got more interested in writing, still a little jelly of you my friend

Try night shift security

if you're okay with audiobooks listen to them while truck driving or delivery

Currently a NEET but I'm going to return to high school in 3 weeks desu

I'm a reporter for my local newspaper.

I work at a Goodwill, but I plan to return to school for English and be a technical writer.

I listen to people complaining about their phone service everyday in a call centre, truely one of the most soul sucking jobs out there. At most I get 60 seconds of free time to read a news article

Paid internship at a thinktank for a year. I enjoy the work, but I haven't been able to read a book out of choice that isn't industry focused in a long time.

I'm a student.

Which thinktank? What are you focusing on there?

I assistant manage a Del Taco

i'm trying to write as well, but the hours are making it difficult to do much progress. but at least having to interact with other people and ideas can inform my writing to some extent. kafka's day job etc. etc.

Clinical psychologist reporting in.

That actually sounds cozy as fuck and maybe even rewarding, cause you're supporting medical professionals.

I'm a full time student

Full time student, part time security guard

Go to bed Jordan Peterson.

Interning at the Presidency.

Not in the US, though

kill me senpai

I'm old money in the sense that my family owns a lot of farmland across Canada. I'm a full-time student, husband, and father. I'll be returning to the place I'm renting near my university sometime this week.

I'm an Architect on a island at the bottom of the Earth called Tasmania.

Now listen here, bucko

I'm just working part-time in retail while I finish my useless degree.

I realised though that all I want from a job is something which is bearable, pays the rent, and one which I can come home from without worrying about it or feeling stressed. Basically, I'm quite content to work in a low paid, easygoing job for the rest of my life so l can focus on writing at night time after I've finished my shift.

Thinking of maybe learning a craft. Something like stonemasonry seems to fit the bill

hey friend

I'm a doctor in Melbourne. It's okay, I'm a bit bored.

Wow you guys make a living by going to school?

No, I said I'm old money. Meaning I don't 'make a living'. Fucking bourgeoisie.

I leech off my parents and basically read and write most of the day. I'm 28. I'm not proud of myself.

Full-time trader.

I've tried many jobs, but I only found my career after 12 years of experimenting. The key is to become good - i.e., expert level or with the goal of attaining expert level - in two areas and to then mix them. By combining two fields, you automatically become specialized and in the top 1% of the field (assuming it's not too large, such as the overlap of "physics" and "teaching" would be).

Even better is to gain skills in two areas and then apply them to a third field. I have degrees in psychology and statistics but apply them to trading around corporate earnings releases. I'm well-known in my field for applying these two rarely seen skills where everyone else is competing to win with standard, mainstream methods; the high barrier of entry constructed by this method keeps me free of competition.

bump

>Veeky Forums really is a high IQ board
>tfw brainlet still washing dishes into mid 20's
Wish i was dead but at least the pay is decent and i get a lot of free time.

This is ideal. Basically what I am planning to do once I am done with school.