Sister is getting married in a few weeks

>Sister is getting married in a few weeks
>Voluntold by parents that I'm going to be doing the cooking
>No problem, it's my sister's wedding
>What am I making though?
>Candied bacon and assorted meme tier foods involving bacon
>mfw

It seems there's no way out of it. Any ideas for how to take bacon and make it less shitty?

>inb4 white trash family

I'm aware.

bacon wrapped chicken pieces fillet and pounded with cream cheese and jalapenos inside

Are you using good quality thick cut applewood smoked bacon at least? It may have become a meme ingredient, but it's still a great thing to flavor dishes with.

Make everything out of fake bacon. Inject them with soy.

canadian bacon cream of cheese soup and potatoes for a nice casserole

Noted.

Depends on what the budget is since they're paying for it.

So in all likelihood no, because they're cheap, so it looks like I'm footing the bill on this one.

Still better than bacon.

Also soy isn't bad, I like soy.

grind bacon into ground bacon and make bacon burgers

Why can't you ask your sister or whoever is planning the wedding what to make?

5-8lbs of chicken and 3 packs of bacon 3packs of cream cheese makes like 80 of them if you do it right maybe even more depends on how jew you get with it

I did. That's the answer I got.

...why?

you can just refuse to do it

My go-to bacon appetizer is bacon wrapped around a small piece of red onion and a water chestnut, held together with a toothpick, with a little bit of garlic salt and baked in the oven until crisp. I did this for Christmas and they were gone within half an hour.

Did she request specific dishes or she just said she wants a lot of bacon?

Bacon is not shitty, you just hate it because it's popular.

>voluntold
Unless they're paying you, tell them to fuck off.
You don't work for free for anyone, including your family. If they get mad, ask them why THEY aren't doing the fucking cooking if they love their daughter so fucking much.

Are you aware that cooking for a large number of poeple is an insane amount of job for just 1 person? So hopefully will be rather small (less than 20 people) or you will suffer.

>Any ideas for how to take bacon and make it less shitty
fuck off man, bacon is surely overused, but its anything but shitty

>>Sister is getting married in a few weeks
>>inb4 white trash family

u fucked her right?

>frog poster single-handedly catering an entire bacon themed wedding
You are going to royally fuck this up. I can tell.

Cooking bacon isn't very fun and in my opinion it's kind of a cop out ingredient for when you can't think of what else to add to something. It's good, but I wouldn't want to eat from a menu centered around bacon. It's not the end all be all of ingredients like so many people seem to think.

OREO WEEDING CHEESECAKE AS WELL RIGHT?

bacon pancakes
bacon wrapped shrimp
bacon wrapped asparagus
bacon quiche
filet mignon
parmesan puffs w/ bacon sprinkles
bacon jalepeno poppers
bacon wrapped bbq meatballs
bacon pasta salad
cheddar bacon pull apart bread

Bacon cheesecake.

The mentioned chicken with bacon is a good idea. As for greens you could get some beansprouts and wrap it together with bacon then bake it, heck I think for the easiest way you could make a big bowl of baked beansprouts, onions and bacon pieces (baked together with some garlic).

I don't know if this is capable with bacon (I am not from the USA), but if you have thick pieces you could boil them in beer with herbs and then bake them.

Or make minced meat from the bacon, add perhaps ginger and make meatballs (you could throw them in a soup).

The best thing you can do is give them what they want.
Pork loin wrapped in a bacon lattice thing, mac & cheese and bacon baked in muffin tins, chicken cordon bleu-esque shit, etc. Try to sneak in a few vegetables where you can with roasted brussels sprouts and spinach pastries and shit.
There's no sense in jeopardizing the event just so you can show off.

How many people are coming to this wedding? Cooking an entire menu for a larger group of people is actually pretty difficult, especially since it needs to be served hot. Catering companies don't have to be expensive, you may want to look into this, assuming you don't have any background in catering.

Anyway, bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese and almonds (or other things like pistachios, different possibilities). Bacon wrapped asparagus or greenbeans sauteed in bacon for the vegetable. You could do something like stuffed chicken breast or steak that has bacon broken on top of it, just to add some flavor without everything being overwhelmingly bacon.