/Sadler/ vs /Peterson/

Why dosent Dr. Sadler get discussed on here? Even when his content is better than Petersons.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Reason-Fulfilled-Revelation-Christian-Philosophy/dp/0813217210
youtu.be/IjSlA2nYWyU?t=25m36s
youtube.com/watch?v=OSuEccEYvaE
reasonio.wordpress.com/
prioritythinking.com/about/greg-sadler-ph-d/
reasonio.wordpress.com/philosophical-counseling/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_counseling
youtu.be/V2XeTJkDih0
gallica.bnf.fr/services/engine/search/sru?operation=searchRetrieve&version=1.2&query=((dc.creator all "Deleuze, Gilles" or dc.contributor all "Deleuze, Gilles"))&suggest=2
youtube.com/watch?v=JB_omHQwYh8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Peterson only gets 'discussed' by crossposting /pol/tards who only watch his youtube videos and treat him as some sort of self-help guru. Sadler records lectures on philosophical texts that require you actually to read them, that's not quite as appealing to the aforementioned crowd.

Cause he's not a meme, just a guy that likes helping folks with philosophy.
Sage.

where does one go after they finish with sadler

peterson is easily understood by simpletons

I wonder what they would talk about if they ever did an interview togeher.

Do you guys really think Sadler is high-brow?
He makes introductory content for undergrads lol. It's lowest common denominator stuff and to be honest it's long-winded and frankly boring. I never knew another guy with quite the penchant for taking the most fascinating texts of western civilization and making them mind-numbingly dry.

Sadler does get discussed all the time, it's just that those threads aren't filled with hagiographers

Agreed.

TL; DR

sadler, no contest

i dont think he's dry and he has high-brow taste, it's just that he spends most of his time teaching undergrad topics to undergrads

Sadler doesn't present himself as an original thinker like Peterson does so there aren't any ideas of his to discuss and also he doesn't have the same political scandal to talk about

T b h tho Based Greg is a really interesting character. With the whole being a swole gang kid who wanted to be a mercenary then joining the army and somehow ending up being a big chill stoic philosophy lecturer. Even more primo surrogate dad material than Peterson imo.

Would like to have had my first beer, aged 13, out on a camping trip with him while he tells me about when he was my age and I pretend to enjoy the beer so as not to disappoint him, and there's a moments silence before I nervously tell him I don't want to go to mass anymore because I've been reading his Nietzsche and Camus and I'm embracing the absurd, and he just smiles and gives me big pat on the back, saying "alright, bud, I don't want to be a real jerk and force you to do something you don't believe in", all the while knowing that one day I'll come around and return to religion, but with a couple years of philosophical reading so I can fully appreciate it. And I'd get up and stumble a bit, and he'd laugh and say, "alright kid, I think that beer's gone to your head. How about we call it a night, it's getting dark now anyway" and I'd climb in the tent contented that dad understands me and respects my philosophical development even if it clashes with his own, and I'd fall asleep immediately with him staying up a little longer reading Epictetus by his phone light before turning it off and drifting off to sleep, with the forest silent and serene outside the tents.

>ywn

Nigga did you just write some Gregory Sadler fanfiction?

Is his book worth reading?

amazon.com/Reason-Fulfilled-Revelation-Christian-Philosophy/dp/0813217210

I think he did.

Gregory Barrycone Sadler

His Dissertation is titled: Catholicism, Modernism, and Modernity: The Concrete Logic, the Philosophy of Insufficiency, and the Option in Maurice Blondel's "la Pensee" and "L'etre Et les Etres"

Anyone here think they can find a copy? Sounds pretty interesting.

This is lovely. It made me happy and sad at the same time. Well done.

email the guy and ask.

meanwhile

Maurice Blondel's later works address the problem of the relationship between the Catholic Church and tradition and modernity. This dissertation situates Blondel's developed position between the analyses of modern philosophy and culture developed in the encyclicals Pascendi Dominicus Gregis and Fides et Ratio. Modernism in Catholic circles bears implications for philosophy in general, since modernism has its source in modern philosophy and the culture it gives rise to and reinforces. Three key concepts operating in Blondel's later works are the concrete logic, the philosophy of insufficiency, and the option between egoism and charity. The concrete logic is a logic of the moral life, a logic in which opposition is fundamentally on the basis of hexis and steresis instead of the apophasis and kataphasis , equivalent to the inclusion and exclusion of abstract logic. Use of a logic in philosophy is unavoidable, and inadequate philosophical positions are the result of reliance on abstract logic where a concrete logic is both required and secretly relied upon. The philosophy of insufficiency works within the concrete logic. It has a critical function of assessing and uncovering the insufficiency of the claims made by other philosophical systems, and it has a reconstructive function of leading the human subject towards what could allow it to be rendered sufficient, a supernatural order. This supernatural order imposes a requirement for the human subject to make an option either for egoism of for charity. Modernism represents one modality of the option for egoism, and the option for charity can lead not only to the supernatural order but also to recognition of the continued importance of the Catholic tradition in supporting and keeping intelligible the option for charity

You should ask him and then share it with us. Looks like a very Veeky Forums dissertation we could all discuss.

lol

Yeah well would like to have had my first 3 beers, aged 13, out on a camping trip with him while he tells me about when he was my age. He would say he used to go camping with his friends at that age, and how they shared their first sexual experiences. I would be embarrassed but he would ensure me it doesn't make you gay, lots of guys do it when there are no girls about. I pretend to enjoy the beer so as not to disappoint him, but he keeps making me drink more and more and after I finish my half of the six-pack there's a moments silence before I nervously tell him I don't want to go to drink anymore because I feel sick, and he just smiles and gives me big pat on the back, saying "alright, bud, I know something even more fun that we do instead". I'd realise this whole time he's had his hand on my leg, rubbing my thigh in concentric circles, at first I was too drunk to notice. My head would be spinning and the beer and the smoke from the fire is making me feel sick. And I'd get up and stumble a bit trying to get away from him, and he'd laugh and say, "alright kid, where do you think you're going? We're miles out in the middle of the woods the only chance you have of finding your way home is with me. How about we call it a night, it's getting dark now anyway" and he'd grab my coat at back of my neck march me and into the tent, and I'd pretend to fall asleep immediately with the hopes he would leave me alone, but he holds me down with his 300 pound body and violates me.

>He makes introductory content for undergrads
But that's how you're supposed to start. You don't go from zero to Heidegger.

Same with Peterson, but he's popular so it's more fun to dismiss him as a pseud

Why is he so goofy?

youtu.be/IjSlA2nYWyU?t=25m36s

Podesta tier "entertainment".

triggered /pol/baby

lol user that's so cringy

Because he looks like a shady scam businessman. There's something repulsive about his look.

I did enjoy some of his Descartes lectures though.

who here /rick/?

elitists shitters like you is the reason Trump won.

trump is ultimately good because a shitstorm is exactly what is required for humanity but it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better

>Dr. Sadler
dudeeee that's so comfyyyyyyyyyyy thank-youuu

A Tier:
Rick Roderick
Wes Cecil
Zizek

B Tier:
De Landa
Sadler

C Tier:
Alain de Botton

F Tier:
Peterson

/myguy/

A+: Listening to Deleuze's lectures.

youtube.com/watch?v=OSuEccEYvaE
thoughts? I thought it was well-made but the hate it gathered by peterson fanboys seems excessive. At no point in the video there is a personal attack on peterson or even a direct rebuttal of his points. Most of the video is centered on clearing up confusion about what postmodern philosophers actually said, yet the dislike bar is around 50% of the total votes. The backlash is uncalled for, I think. I doubt most of them even finished the video anyway.

Really made me think

implying hillary wont replace trump and everyone will breathe a sigh of relief and no one will critique her for anything and the ones that do will be LITERAL neo nazis

good job, accelerationists

>implying I'm not extremely happy that he did and that he will get to fuck up your piece of shit of a country for a few more years

i dont care, not watching

macintyre debunked sjws and po-mo relativism with aristotle, zizek showed derrida still being trapped in metaphysics, scheler and girard debunked heideggers critique of metaphysics

thats check mate

postmodernism is bullshit even if deluded peterson fanboys have bad arguments to prove this

>As a "jp fanboy" and laymen, I came into this video hopeful to learn something to add to my intellectual health and understanding. But so much of this makes little to no sense to me and you don't seem to make an effort to to help other like me connect with your argument. In fact it seems like you're saying if you're laymen fuck you, you're too stupid and impulsive too deserve this knowledge.
>Three someone I trust Jordan Petersons knowledge more than yours is I believe it takes a deep understanding of something to be able to turn it into something simple most people can pick up. Although I do agree that he does seem a little paranoid at times, The last thing I can accuse him of is being unknowledgeable unknowledgeable or ignorant
my fucking sides kek

you fanfiction didn't even include (You) feeling the pain of getting shafted by his raw unlubricated 13-inch peenus weenus DESU I'm disappointed

yeah, Rick the man

lol, exactly. it's funny because that description isn't too far off the mark. have you checked out his "company"?

reasonio.wordpress.com/

literally a shady scam businessman

he also works for a business management consulting company

prioritythinking.com/about/greg-sadler-ph-d/

how can he scam anyone when
>he does it for free

>that asinine radio voice

you expect me to listen to an hour of that?

fuck you

reasonio.wordpress.com/philosophical-counseling/

"My standard rate for a 50-minute session is US$120.00, but I offer a sliding scale fee for lower-income clients. I work with a limited number of clients eligable for those rates in any given time period."

what the hell is a "APPA-certified philosophical counselor"?????

He mentioned it in some video somewhere so this might not be entirely accurate, but he's like a shrink but with a phil degree instead of a psych degree. like say someone comes to him with a problem, he'll hear them out and then put their problem in the context of, say, stoic philosophy or something so they can better understand what to do or how to view something about themselves.

I mean sure you can literally just read Seneca or whatever but if someone wants to pay for the service from someone who genuinely knows his stuff it seems alright. It's not like he's pushing off this shit on people in his lectures like JBP does with his fucking book and "self authoring program."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_counseling

>>He mentioned it in some video somewhere so this might not be entirely accurate, but he's like a shrink but with a phil degree instead of a psych degree. like say someone comes to him with a problem, he'll hear them out and then put their problem in the context of, say, stoic philosophy or something so they can better understand what to do or how to view something about themselves.

thanks. I've recently up till now, I thought philosophy was a bunch of old white guys and wannabe scientists formatting questions into arguments and running it through some logical or argumentative machinery and document results. seems like there's still plenty of room for that life affirming, personal motto, zen kind of shit people look for in philosophy

Both are a mischaracterization, stoicism is practical minded but there is a solid structure of reasoning to it. You don't build a philosophy from personal mottos unless you're nietzsche. but to guage your interest you could check out sadler's lectures on stoicism and see if that does bite you somehow.
youtu.be/V2XeTJkDih0

link?

Peterson records lectures with required reading too tho

>self authoring program
I don't get the problem people have with this, it's basically just do-it-yourself counseling for a lot less than a proper therapist costs.

Peterson got famous because of the pronoun debable.

yeah 30 bucks for prompting you to write

Yeah, hence "cheaper do-it-yourself therapy."

>two kinds of people

Someone should ask Sadler for a pdf of his dissertation already.

because discussing hegel is harder than saying "the bible is awesome"

>le this is why trump won meme used unironically

cringy as fuck desu

Emailing Dr. Sadler right now to ask him if he would be so kind as to share his dissertation with us, linking him to this thread.

Please be kind, babies.

is this concrete poetry

jesus christ

not him but:
gallica.bnf.fr/services/engine/search/sru?operation=searchRetrieve&version=1.2&query=((dc.creator all "Deleuze, Gilles" or dc.contributor all "Deleuze, Gilles"))&suggest=2

>"He spent a whole 45 minutes on a Neechee paragraph!"

Meanwhile Sadler devotes years making approximately 100 hours worth of video lectures on the first half of Phenomenology of Spirit

Your point? It is autism in both instances.

>everything is autism
Legitimately a brainlet.

That's not to say peterson is an idiot or his content isn't worth examining... it's simply not examined that well

half hour hegel is valuable autism.

Has anyone here did a one on one session with him? I'm thinking about booking a session but I've only just started getting into philosophy this year.

Anyone get a pdf of his dissertation from him yet?

Do it and tape everything so we can hear if it is worth the money.

Sadly not yet

I doubt Hegel spent as much time on Phenomenology of Spirit as Sadler will by the end.

Maybe Phenomenology was the culmination of several years of though

>continental philosophy
>fascinating

Fuck yeah, Wes Cecil. Myths of the American Mind is my shit.

>Being this much of a brainlet.
Your use of a tumblr image says it all.

Their all in French, listen to Manuel De Landa if your an EOP and want some crazy Deleuzian lectures.

Yeah we can expect the next US president to be the system's candidate, much like Macron

>all the while knowing that one day I'll come around and return to religion
stopped there

Macron is accelerating France towards Le Pen if anything.

This is dope. Thanks user.

it is fitting since continental philosophy is tumblr tier

>hiding behind layers of irony
I think you're the cringy one.

Lol you're a wild homo.

So I said Sadler is badler but Peterson is sweeterson..

Thanks, guy looks interesting.

he scams my mind bro

don't bother. Veeky Forums is contrarian by nature

Hah. Keep telling yourself that.

youtube.com/watch?v=JB_omHQwYh8