3x3 thread?

3x3 thread?

Top row: James Joyce, Marcel Proust, Chekhov
Middle row: Homer, Dante, Shakespeare
Bottom row: Dostoevsky, Marcus Aurelius, Lao Tzu

Honestly surprised I hadn't seen something like this sooner.

gave me a good monday morning chuckle, thanks bucko

Makes me feel like cleaning my room and sorting myself out.

10/10
7/10 and I remember this one from the last thread.

Posting here just because this pisses off the metathread people.

who is bottom right?

I'm bad at knowing faces on these threads myself so I'll cut you some slack. That is philosopher Robert Nozick. I still think people should list the people on their 3x3s just to be helpful.

But that would take the fun away from seeing someone else ask for a name you already know/read so that you can feel superior

7/9

there are nine images how are you giving this a 10 point scale? is it a weighted average of some kind?

>the gymnast did 18 moves why is it grades on a 10 point scale?
>the SAT doesn't have 2400 questions why is it graded on a 2400 point scale?
>my paper was more than 100 words, why is it graded on a 100 point scale?
>hotels have more than 5 things about them, why are they graded on a 5-star scale?

cicero or jesus are interchangeable with aristotle

i like

nearly there

fuck it. Let's add some spice.

>Plato
I find myself coming back to Socrates and knowing that I know nothing. nothing has an impact on my mind like reading a dialogue straight-through (except maybe Ulysses, but that's a slower, extended burn). Socrates is fucking hilarious--highlights are in Symposium and Phaedrus (and sure in many more that I've yet to extensively read).

>Joyce
He finished Shakespeare's job. See Shakespeare below

>DeLillo
He continued Joyce's job when necessary. See Joyce above and Shakespeare below and seriously how can someone in their right mind (especially after being socializing and familiar with the western canon and pop culture and DFW NOT see the brilliance in every page DeLillo has to offer--even if only counting White Noise and Underworld: the two books of his i've read)

>Aristotle
clearly the most "intelligent" man ever, coming from someone who only made it halfway through the Organon but holds De Anima and Ethics as forever-rereads. Obvious influences in Aquinas and Machiavelli and then anything Ethics-wise is...--- I just fucking love Nicomachean Ethics.

>Shakespeare
infinitely re-readable and nigh-infinitely interpretable, where close-readings and re-readings and precise, stumbled upon, and thought over interpretations reward you with being a better human being.

>Sam Hyde
underwritten and yet overmemed. If anyone peruses Hyde's videos with patience they'll come to the conclusion that he's well-read. Pic related

>Martial
His epigrams are fucking outstanding. Off the top of my head: 1) Not marvelling at Odysseus for enduring the sirens but marvelling at him if he would have stood up in the middle of [random roman]'s talking. 2) not worrying about any effeminite men talking to your girl 3) anti-jerking off 4) anti-cunnilingus 5) girls being too educated or intelligent being bad [within reason] 6) hairless shins are bad [cf. dfw's supposedly fun thing] 7) a clean but not brutish strength is preferred, as well as sober evenings... and more, and more, and more

>Melville
read moby dick fags

>Epictetus
Aurelius would have been here a year ago, and Seneca 6 months ago. Epictetus is the definitive guidebook whereas Seneca is a necessary expansion and Aurelius is a final realization.

why the fuck is the SAT graded on a 2400 point scale? it's such an oddball number that i smell the workings of the Cathedral.

7/10
6/10
Without meme 9 or 10/10 With meme maybe a 7/10

5/10

are you retarded?

w-who is the meme?

Memed Moldybutt Duh.

I know a few of these people but can someone list these 9x9 for the sake of reference?

Homer, Perec, Houellebecq
Carroll, Proust, Mishra
Snyder, Alexander Watson, Peter Watson

So ticklingly absurd to place Sam Hyde alongside such illustrious company. It tickles my gooch.

who dont ya like?

thanks boyo

You are welcome. Good picture of Flannery by the way. We should chat sometime.

>Mishra
POO

5/10

>all dead white men
>shaped your philosophy
Wow someone's close-minded and has a really skewed view of the world and the self.

>Greeks
>Italians
>Berbers
>white

Dead white men are objectively superior to other dead men though.

>>Martial
dude PENIS! lmao

please what's the gal's name? and the guy to her right?

baudelaire
sartre
aragon
flaubert
rimbaud/verlaine
cioran
char/camus
bergson
whoever wrote the hebrew bible
grothendieck/galois

Please tell me this is bait. They are Flannery O'Conner and H.P Lovecraft.

it's not i'm french we don't know her around here

but thanks

You are welcome.
Ok that's fair. So you've maybe read Houellebecq then? He has actually written about Lovecraft before and they've both been discussed together on this site many times. Both are worth reading.

Good post, Veeky Forums need's more "why" when discussing opinions

My 3x3 depends on my mood of the day

who's bottom right

Mainlander

7/10, but what mood are your feeling today/in this 3x3?

I feel like screwing my mom

Post mom pls.

sure. good old michel has acquired meme status in about every group of friends i belong to. my preference goes to his poetry though. as for lovecraft everybody know of him, i just didn't recall his face really

>hegel

you wanna know how I know you're a pseud? hit up cioran famalam

who's middle right bottom left bottom center pls

plato. lao tzu, guenon
mussolini, buddha, debord
gurdjieff, schopenhauer, krishna

thx

Pics already

5/10

Thanks for the interesting post

only /v/mu/tv/ plebs do 3x3s which explains the abominable taste on display here.

post your 3x3 if you're so special, otherwise stfu

You are welcome.

>thinks he can govern the internet with hatred

FUCK you

*sucks on a turd*

Imagine the endless uninsightful drivel DFW would drizzle on his dong if he was around for a movie about him...

3/10 You need to go back to redddit.

>Beckett, Joyce
>...
>Lovecraft
You are a legit pseud.

>Perec
God tier

>implying

le serious men crowd

Man, I fucking hate this board, it is like /mu/, everything revolves around the same personalities, the same tastes, no one is really original

Nice aesthetic.

is there a female intellectual, I can't even think of any

Also curious about this.

Simone de Beauvoir, Susan Faludi, Judith Butler, Camille Paglia, Susan Sontag, uh... Pauline Kael? Ayn Rand?

>Faludi
A feminist "author" with just a B.A.
>Judith Butler
She's Judith Butler
>Pauline Kael
A drop out who decided to become a film critic
Four out of seven isn't bad though.

why?