Al/ck/ thread: failed New Year's resolutions edition

Who's on the bandwagon? Who fell off? Who got run over 6 miles back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_WOPN-jtV8
ohmod.com/?raf=ref2735842
m.youtube.com/watch?v=o678vRzYTmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mall drinker here

I fell off the wagon face first

I probably won't make it long either. I can't remember the last time I took 3 days off. Even 2 is a stretch.

Isn't it the worst? I'm ready to go back to the mental health clinic for detox and Valium

At least I have two fifths left..

I'm probably just going to sit at home and sweat it out for a week. I'm feeling masochistic atm.

Anyone accidentally drop your 5th and the top broke off and you ran the rest through cheese cloth to filter the glass shards out before continuing drinking?

Nope but I've spilled my vodka (muscles get real weak) on a carpet and sucked it out

>when you get so drunk and you want to conversate with anons in al/ck/ but youre too drunk to finish the captcha so you get your roommate to use your credit card to get a Veeky Forums pass but it took a half hour to find youe wallet because you drunkenly put it in your hiding spot you always put your shit whem youre hammered and when you come to and your roommate leaves a note that says he got the oass etc and instructions you come back to post but the threads archived.

I have re-ate half disolved painkillers after puking them up in the shower... did it quick without letting the thought sit in my mind.

I've sat in a chair with two glasses in my hand.. One for puke, one for vodka.

Day 2 without drinking. I blacked out 5/7 days last week. Pissed all over my dog new years night. That was the last straw. Feel like shit, but no shakes or nausea. Just a cobstant headache and pressure on my face and eyes. Also anxiety. I guess I don't have it so bad. Is this the peak of my hangover?

you should also be pissing in old vodka bottles and leaving them around. It trains you to be a much better guesser, and aides in psychic awareness.

lol

Youre only at the 4th layer bro, we have to delve deeper into the abyss.

If you aren't having a seizure/seeing shit you'll be alright, piss bro

Does anyone drink half a fifth before eating? I feel off when i eat then drink, and i also like how hard it hits on an empty stomach.

Maybe? Looking back, the head pressure/disorientation was actually the worst. It should be gone by day 4. I'm on day 75 and the headache is still here though...

You grinding your teeth while you sleep? My gf says I do that and weird shit in mine

Day 2 of Sobriety boys LET'S GOOOOO

Didn't really sleep last night but i got up at 8am and ran 2 miles on my treadmill, plan on walking my dog around the block even though it's 15 degrees. I feel better than yesterday, still not the best. My blood pressure is high and when i got off the treadmill i thought i was going to have a heart attack. My heart was going crazy in my ears

drinking liquor on an empty stomach is a great way to get a stomach ulcer

day hundred and 2. it still sucks, but is better than drinking.

Good for you user

Keep it up. I'm still knee deep in this shit

you still got legs bro. you and only you can pull yourself out.

Thanks man. I just think I'm over my head. I literally love and hate booze

No. I drool like a bitch when I sleep sober though. It's lessened a bit but still pretty bad.

Sorry to hear man. Migraines run in my family. My old man takes codeine for his. Then again he's a "recovering" alcoholic as well

I had before but i think theres enough scar tissue to tide me into my 20s.

>into my 20s

...how old are you?

30's sorry.

>t. 19 y/o alck currently 28

I had ulcers in my early 19-20s but i stopped for about the 8 years after. Dpesnt help my father has golden liver genetics and is a current 40+yr alc with no ill jealth markers.

Interesting...I'm 23 and when i binge i drink 2 or 3 pints of liquor a day. How much were you drinking to get ulcers so young? And then you were sober for 8 years and fell off the wagon?

Is it normal for withdrawals to go away for say 6 or 7 hours and then come back how they were before? Haven't drank since 6pm Sunday.

Feel really worried.

how long were you on?

Like 7 shots of 151 dehydrated after working at a bar with no food for the next 4 hours. Woke to sharp pains shitting blood.

8 years later and Lesson is? I drink hards but not 151 hahaha and cook a real good steak med rare with potatoes to drunkenly gorge on.

Couldn’t tell you why, but it’s 100% normal that it comes on in waves. I.e backs off, hits again, repeat. What is really worrying is that it can appear to be improving, then hit you like a fucking steamtrain, much much harder than the last. That’s when people get kil, they just don’t see it coming so don’t take action against it, then it’s too late and they can’t do a thing about it.

Just fucked up 8 days sober, The longest I've been sober in half a decade.

Thanks to my nigger neighbor blasting music 24/7, I can't sleep unless I'm hammered drunk and the police don't even come when you call them living in Detroit.

>living in Detroit
Tell me more please, if you don't mind.
Lately I've been watching these hood tour videos on Youtube, most of them are in Detroit. youtube.com/watch?v=C_WOPN-jtV8

As long as you don't live in ALABAMA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, TEXAS, LOUISIANA, FLORIDA, INDIANA, MISSISSIPPI, VIRGINIA, & GEORGIA, you can get cheap etizolam (1:1 dosage and effects ratio to xanax) over the clearnet with card or cryptocurrency hereohmod.com/?raf=ref2735842

They are very fast, discreet, legal, and have a great support team should you need to message them about anything. I've made hundreds of transactions with them with no problem.

I live in north west detroit (oak park) so It's not as bad as south west. But you should not walk around or drive around detroit unarmed, No joke.

sucks. roomates and apartment neighbors are always shit. in fact, living in a single room apartment is is usually as shitty as having a live in roomate. you can hear your next door neighrbors fart and everything. smell their onion stew cooking, etc

yeah so they can get hooked on benzos too? fuck off man.

Noise pollution will ruin your damn life. 6 FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKIIIINNNNGGGGF YEARS I had to listen to my FAT FUCKING CUNT SLUT WHORE BITCH neighbour’s FUCKING retarded dog yapping CONSTANTLY, at FUCKING NOTHING. It was all I could think about, it made me ill, and complaining did fuck all. One night I totally flipped, and threatened to rape, set fire to and crucify their child if it didn’t FUCKING SHUT UP.

It didn’t and they went to the police. I had to sell my house to escape. At a huge loss because nobody wanted it thanks to the noise.

I’m still going to get revenge one day. That shit has cost me relationships, a job, money and my health.

yea i live in an apartment. I can hear my neighbor have conversations as clear as day, So when I'm not anxious about being robbed and shot because I'm white. I'm listening to rap 24/7

I saw one of those videos where a bunch of really skinny Negresses were twerking on a street corner. Ostensibly they were hookers.
Absolutely animalistic.

Are you a man of your word or not? Get a hard on and some nails. You have work to do.

bro, you have no idea.

I've been living this hell for 4 years. An my car has been broken into twice, I'm mostly an alcoholic because I can never sleep and because the paranoia of being robbed and shot is overwhelming.

I haven't slept longer then 4 hours in over 2 weeks, No exaggeration

Have you ever been in any sketchy situations?

and yet fascinating, in a strange way. Easy to say when you're just watching from the computer.

I lost count how many lol.

I had a crackhead try to carjack me once, I had hookers show up to my door uninvited, I've seen 2 shootings, I hear gunfire at least bi weekly if not weekly, I saw a body while parking my car in mexicantown.

Shits rough over here, If you don't own a gun your a fucking dead man in a month

Hey, some people need them. Getting a klonopin perscription changed my life from a complete shut in to someone who can function without panic in a crowded grocery store. As long as you don't pop em like candy or mix with booze, they can be a great aid, especially during alk wd

if you are a substance abuser, you tend to abuse substances. Call me an asshole if you want though, because I am an asshole.

I posted in some wrong places multiple times already.blame satan

Its amazing how despite how many shitty cities we have, the US is still easily the greatest country in the world. I'm not being sarcastic, I truly believe it. Even when the dollar is down, at least we can contain our shittier humans to certain cities whereas theres some places in europe where the entire country is one big detroit. And thats not even taking mexico, africa, or australia into consideration

I just don't understand why humans are so fucked, or why fucking with each other is such a huge priority. The only constants in human history have been our drive for conflict and degenerate sex. Even in good times without real war, we still fuck with each other socially just to get our rocks off. Why is this the only life we get? Why are there no other alternatives?

This is why I drink and do drugs. I just don't want to feel.

I mostly agree with that, but until you get so far down the road that you become physically addicted to something, it is still a conscious choice to abuse that you can just as well not make. Easier said than done I know, but people need to take agency for their actions.

Besides, with something like benzos, abuse makes your tolerance rise so that they become less effective when you might need them for legitimate reasons like in a panic attack.

I agree with everything you just said man.

I hate society, It's fucked.

I feel safer in Mexico (literally) then Detroit.

At least you can see the cartels coming in convoys, Here in Detroit you can have a crackhead or 16yo kid walk up behind you and put one in your brain just for the money in your pocket without any hesitation. If you read fox 2 news just the other day a 16yo kid killed 4 people in Detroit for less then 300 dollars.

I hate the generation and year I was born, I would give anything to live in the 50's.

I drink because I'm afraid of being murdered and I HAVE to live in this dump. I can't afford to live anywhere else. An I can't move out of state because I'm concerned about my father aging and being left alone

Life is fucked

I’m so used to people robbing and stabbing me that my pulse rate doesn’t even rise, lol. I got stabbed by some junkies a couple of years ago when I was on heroin, kept going back and got into a four-on-one fight as well as being stabbed, still no fucks given so kept going back and got stabbed a third time. It’s just a part of life amongst junkies, still no fucks given to this day. I’d probably be there now if I hadn’t got off the crack and the smack. The noise pollution was A L O T fucking worse.

addicts cannot get past the feeling of not feeling high. it happens because being way up... too far up, becomes the norm. You chase it and can't get there after awhile. this seems to be the nature of all mood altering substances. If there is one that does not do this, please tell me so I can get to work figuring out how to abuse it.

seen many of those videos, all interesting
how did you get out of that carjacking situation?

>how did you get out of that carjacking situation?

I have a CPL (concealed pistol license).

I put my gun in his face and he ran, He almost got me out of the car. When a dude is high on crack he is stronger then he looks

That was the closest I ever came to killing someone

Actually, most addicts just don't want to experience withdrawal. Drunks, dope fiends, bartards, its all the same really. While under the influence you take a vacation from all of life's anxieties and heartaches, but as soon as the substamce leaves your system it all comes back twofold, and thats just the mental effects. If you've been in it long enough, your physical body could even go into shock and seizure.

All that chasing the dragon talk is really only true for cokeheads, but those are always normies- either fratboys or sluts or bigwig CEOs or rappers. True addicts aren't chasing a high per se, just an escape from the cold nature of reality.

no, shit talker. It is about mood control and a dissatisfaction with life.

you talk a lot of nothing and I do not like you.

I can't imagine what its like to actually live in a Detroit, Chicago, or Atlanta ghetto. I thought I had it bad living in Leavenworth, KS with all the prisoners coming in and out of the pen and the welfare layabout drunkards causing a ruckus day in and day out. All I can say is I hope you can find a way out man, with your health intact. Save your money and move

Okay? You sound like you're either really fucked up on something right now or are just trying to "win" a conversation about something you don't have a lot of first hand experience with. I'm not trying to prove anything, just sharing my thoughts and feeling concerning my own life that while young has been mostly spent in the grips of addiction. Go take a breather, bud

That's what I'm doing currently, Saving my money.

I'm hoping to move in another year or so, I want to move to Ann Arbor (liberal college town, very safe) but it's very expensive.

I'm saving every dime I have to get out of here, But my biggest fear is being killed before I can move.

The paranoia will eat you alive, I honestly don't blame the dudes around here who are heroin addicts. If every day you had to worry about it being your last just walking to your car or stopping at a stop sign, It takes It's toll on you.

I'm so paranoid I rarely am able to relax enough to wear headphones, listen to the tv louder then I can hear people walk in the hall, or even leave my apt if I don't have to.

I just hope if I do get shot, It's quick and I'm drunk when it happens.

Don't start a post with "Actually" unless you expect to be called a cock. Your posts are wordy and annoying.

As fucked up as it is it sounds less like paranoia and more like basic survival instincts. When you get to a better place you aughta try to find a professional to talk to or at least some kind of group therapy so that you don't have to carry that damage around with you for life. You sound like a good dude who was dealt a bad hand, & it'd be a damn shame if after working so hard to get out of there if you still had trouble holding down jobs or something because of the way your old life conditioned you to be. For most people therapy is a total meme, but for people with things like PTSD (real PTSD, not tumblrina PTSD) it can be a life changer. It made a world of difference for my pops when he came back from fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, & it wouldn't suprise me if your psyche has undergone similiar stresses

Actually, you don't have to read them if they trigger you so much, Randy Retardo.

Hey Tsu.

Day 3 for me, did good last week and only had 24 drinks over 3 days, I feel like I might be able to kick this shit after almost a decade.

>12 years is almost a decade

Fuck me, I still can't think clearly apparently.

You are so full of advice and shit. In the real world, you'd fold my laundry and stand where I tell you.

Anyway, fuck you. Write less. It sucks.

Thank you for the kind words, It means a lot to me.

I don't have any friends so my only interaction is with Veeky Forums, my parents, and occasionally my oldest brother. All my other siblings moved and don't speak to anyone in our family ou tof their own selfishness. They left me to take care of both of my aging parents alone....Which upsets me.

So i appreciate the kind words! It's rare I hear anything kind lol

I think I definitely have PTSD, My mom pointed that out to me a couple years ago. But going to see a doctor about it is hard....especially for men who were raised to not talk about feelings or act like a special snowflake.

Maybe after a few years of living in the suburbs in a few years my ego will be able to take that hit.

My dream in life is to move to a safe, quiet area and get sober indefinitely so my parents don't worry about me, An I'm not constantly keyed up and paranoid.

That's my biggest dream, I'm hoping it will come true in a couple more years.
Take care of your pops, It upsets me when I see a parents raise a child then the child abandons them in a assisted living facility when they are older. That breaks my heart.

I could never do that to my parents, They raised me and took care of me my entire life. I owe them

Shoutout to the cunt who linked the new thread in the old one.

Just watched a video of a standup comedian totally bomb on stage and literally piss himself before walking off, and I swear to Christ I’d prefer that over the cringe I’ve imposed on myself while drunk. I think I need fucking help just dealing with all this cringe, it’s too much to deal with when I can’t just drink until I don’t care

link

I think I've mistaken alcohol withdrawal with benzo withdrawal, getting fucking awful anxiety related symptoms and all sorts. Been taking them for a year and a half, but never had any problem stopping them for a short amount of time before. They're Etizolam. Hope I don't start convulsing, pretty scared

We have all done way worst then you I bet.

There are people who aren't even drunks who are cringelords, All the tripfags on r9k are a prime example. Eggman....That nigga was touching dick tips with a guy in drag.

I doubt you've danced with a tranny while thousands of spectators watch and laugh at you

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o678vRzYTmQ

Have a drink, it’ll stop WD from both. Just don’t overdo it, drink until the symptoms are unpleasant but not scary

I’ve had an audience on the street multiple times. Like fifty people standing around watching and laughing before the police show up. You’ve no idea how bad it is. I’d be specific but I cannot stand to talk about it.

Oh and filming on their phones, obviously. I know I’m on YouTube, so I have to avoid all keywords which might yield results of me after blacking out on benzos and vodka.

anyone else only get horny when they are drunk?

I haven't beat off once in 8 days of being sober, But when I'm drunk I beat off at least twice a day.

Also i think the article about beating off every 7 days does increase testosterone

2 much whiskey dick 4 me, lad

Nah, opposite.

Withdrawal horn is where it's at.

>100+pm heartrate
>sweating
>can't sleep
>can jerk it 6 times or more a day

wew lad. alcohol withdrawal is basically being a stim freak by accident

You definitely don't want to take a benzo with as short a half life as etizolam every day, if you have been

day 7 sober, no significant cravings until I noticed that the shops will soon close... now I’m frantic, craving like mad. If I know I can get it I don’t feel like I need it half as much. It’s ten times worse with illegal stuff, because even if you’ve got the cash there’s no guarantee. Fuck me society is so backwards, they make this shit so much harder.

If you're craving that bad go to your doctor and get naltrexone. Doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a shot

Stay clean faggot.

anyone else get really angry when they don't get drunk enough? I chug 6 sips of vodka and get furious when it doesn't hit me

I just chug 6 more...

Don't use benzo for social anxiety, that's how you get addicted since you go out regularly.
Use them for a week, 10 days max to taper. Pop one when you have a big craving or a panic attack if they're far apart.

>in europe where the entire country is one big detroit
That's fake news. Our dark skinned are in their containment neighbourhoods, just like you. Main difference is that the suburbs are poor and city centre is rich.
And no no-go zones either, that's fake news too.
You can add "why did I got convinced to believe the rest of the world was shit just to justify USA being the greatest of all?" to your questions. It's related to the general aggressivity of society I suppose.

Apparently LSD and shrooms aren't addictive in the usual sense of the term. Still abusable, and it doesn't sound like a good idea to abuse them.

Can confirm, you don't need to go to war to get PTSD, just some shitty life events can be enough to cause a stress disorder. Can even be more complicated to "cure" when there isn't a single event to work on.
Fucking stupid brain getting traumatised or addicted and not working properly.

>I've mistaken alcohol withdrawal with benzo withdrawal,
They're the same. Use one or another to taper.

I live in rural ScotsFag land and my biggest threat is my 80 year old neighour forcibly cutting my front lawn because he's bored...

Luckily no diversity here yet...

Pro tip: it doesn't fucking matter how many times you 'fall off the wagon' as long as you keep trying with sincere willingness. If you really wanted to stop you would slowly but surely make baby steps towards mental stability because without it you will be in the same place in 2019 and 2020 wondering what happened and lying to yourself.

I'm very depressed al/ck/

I'm not even a full on alcohol yet but am getting there. I drink mostly out of boredom and probably escapism too. My life isn't really that bad but I still hate it. I'm so fucking lonely, I haven't had a date in 4 years. I developed a crush on a clerk at my work because she's the only girl who I talk with. Not going anywhere as she's in a relationship and I'm too much of a pussy to impose myself. Probably wouldn't fly even if I had the balls. If I had the balls I would have hung myself already.

Oh well, can't do that to my father. Drinking makes acting like everything is ok easier. Most of the time.

Happy New year?

Homesly, if you think you're there it's too late. Once the thought came to me I'm an alcoholic it was too late.

I am psychologically dependent but not physically yet. I drink probably 4/7 nights a week. Used to be worse when I drank liquor now it's only beer wine. I also limit myself to 1 bottle of wine/1 six pack per session. I don't really even want to quit drinking. It has yet to cause me health problems, I can afford it, and, it gives me something to do. This shitty blog post is probably better suited for /r9k/ but that place is too spergy even for this sperg.

What you're drinking isn't that bad. I've tripled you on a daily basis. Your on the way though, it's a slippery slope

I just ordered a Domino's pizza. I don't even really want pizza tonight, but my post-new years bender withdrawals are so bad that I don't feel up to cooking dinner

FUCK OFF. Why, why WHY am I craving?? Why the fuck would I crave that shit?? FUCK!

Oops, that wasn’t meant to be linked to Also fffffffffUCK.
I’m getting one.
Just one. I’m going crazy here.

Yeah,
I'm not worried about the drinking so much at this point. I was/am an avid drug user and chipped with pills/dope for 7 years without becoming addicted. Only stopped when my brother OD'd in my dad's house (where I live) so I wouldn't bring the shit around him. Now I only smoke hash oil (3.5g a week) and do psychedelics once in a while.

If I stopped drinking I would still be retarded, just would have to think about it more.