Can someone refer me to some work that's critical of modern humanities/university/theory...

Can someone refer me to some work that's critical of modern humanities/university/theory? Also some good stuff against continental philosophy would be apreciated. The ones I know so far are:
- Socal, Bricmont, Impostures Intellectuelles
- Michaels, Knapp, Against Theory
- Other stuff by Michaels
????

Other urls found in this thread:

archives.evergreen.edu/webpages/curricular/2007-2008/monstrouspossibility_wiki/images/b/b0/Against_theory_1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lukacs, Destruction of Reason is also on my list. Please no obvious shit like Scruton.

>Chad continental philosophy has real world applications, used by Israeli military, inspires art, cinema, literature
>Virgin anglo philosophy is just old men circlejerking each other in universities, no one besides them even read it

Thanks OP.

>Against Theory
archives.evergreen.edu/webpages/curricular/2007-2008/monstrouspossibility_wiki/images/b/b0/Against_theory_1.pdf

Thanks user, but I already know it. Looking for more stuff like that

>virgin anglo analytic draws like 4 year old
of course

ok, name one deep thought created by continental tradition after Hegel. Doesn't have to inspire art or have any real world application. Just one thought

What's the most interesting, not even ground-shaking, phil paper you've read published in the past 5 years?

Why must the jezebel's thighs looks so soft and comfy?

Intentionality and Language: A Normative, Pragmatist, Inferentialist Approach by Brandom

Or his stuff on Hegel

Heidegger completely changed the direction of ontology in Western thought, is that not deep enough 4 u?

What did you find interesting about this piece?

Heidegger basically added couple more ontological distinctions to a cartesian two-sorted ontology. Most of his work is a pure literature and pseudo-thoughts without rigor.

I am adding Bourdieu's homo-academicus to a OP's list. An essential work to understand contiental philosophy and humanities

>random young adult calls the work of a sage "pseudo thoughts".
Millennials truly are out of bounds and need to be genocided.

Who is this semen demon?

Literally anything by Vox Day

>young man against modern academia
>presumably also anti-feminist
>saves pictures of women as seen from the point of view of a small child
Really makes you think

>Heidegger the wise
>What is to be researched is the being [das Seiende], and other than that— nothing; the being alone and more than that nothing; only the being and beyond that—nothing. How stands it with this nothing? . . . Is there the nothing only because there is the not, i.e. negation? Or is it the reverse? Is there negation and the not only because there is the nothing? . . .
We claim: The nothing is more primordial that the not and negation. . . .
Where do we seek the nothing? How do we find the nothing? . . . We
know the nothing. . . . Angst reveals the nothing. . . . That before which
and about which we had Angst was ‘actually’— nothing. In fact: the
nothing itself—as such—was there. . . . How stands it with the nothing?
. . . The nothing itself nihilates.

re Heidegger read Philipse if Carnap is too vulgar to you. But if you will still think that describing this as a pseudothought or being a millenial is out of bonds and deserves mass killing.. Perhaps you have a very low-class background and identyfing so strongly with a high culture is a way of coping with reality for you, idk, chill dude

You must be over 18 to use this site.

Sigourney Weaver, back in 1979. sage

And I thought that being critical of university is a part of university tradition? Kant, Humboldt, (recently even Derrida). I'm starting to think this board is filled with DYER's

underrated post

????

Theory's Empire: An Anthology of Dissent is what you're looking for. It's a massive collection of diverse essays going against the current state of humanities/theory.

this man knows

Is whispering nothing?
Is leaning cheek to cheek? is meeting noses?
Kissing with inside lip? stopping the career
Of laughing with a sigh?--a note infallible
Of breaking honesty--horsing foot on foot?
Skulking in corners? wishing clocks more swift?
Hours, minutes? noon, midnight? and all eyes
Blind with the pin and web but theirs, theirs only,
That would unseen be wicked? is this nothing?
Why, then the world and all that's in't is nothing;
The covering sky is nothing; Bohemia nothing;
My wife is nothing; nor nothing have these nothings,
If this be nothing.

Is that passage really so obscure to you?

BTFO

Why dont you read continental philosophy and create your own critic you fucking faggot

Also, patrician taste tits in your pic, OP
You should stop being a faggot and post more
>mfw trying to imagine analytic autists trying to discuss a film
Lmao