>more dead white males

>postmodern author with male protagonist
>male protagonist gets cheated on/loses the girl
>entire plot centres around his failures

every time

>One-star review on Amazon
>It's from a Kindle faggot

>every time

This isn't even the case half the time. Between the piles of books next to me I have about 50 postmodern novels, and your description fits one, maybe two of them.

This is every tubby Myers-Briggs-Harry-Potter-quiz-taking girl and dreaded white lesbian at my university. I'm personally a commie too, but these bitches will turn me into a Strasserite.

Maybe I can't understand their resentiment since I'm no INTJ hufflepuff carpet muncher.

>I'm personally a commie too
Yikes!

>shitposts
>teen white male

>Any star review on amazon
>They don't say which edition of the book they're reviewing or which publisher

This is a Christian-Communist board, get out you gay nazi.

That flag looks like shit. Put a black cross of Saint George in the red and a red Jerusalem Cross in the black and you have a nice flag desu

>ask classmates what they're researching
>male classmates are all researching fascinating, unique, or at least ambitious things
>woman: "Misogyny in Rome"
>woman: "Misogyny and Hamlet"
>woman: "The intersection of misogyny and periods in Hamlet"
>woman: "Women"
>woman: "Opinions about women having sex in Weimar newspapers"
>woman: "Women in the work of Robert Musil"
>woman: "Vagina"
>woman: "I have a vagina"
>woman: "I'm a woman btw. Vagina here"
>woman: "Sex and periods in gender"
>woman: "Woman perceptions of woman, ,vagina, cooters breasts woman period I'm on my period clitorises in the work of the band Oingo Boingo and Hamlet's Perception of Clitoris Vagina Gender Studies"
>woman: "Queering Gender in Medieval Manuscripts: Your period or MY period?"
>woman: "Misogyny, Periods, and You: Ernst Cassirer on Substance, Function, and My Gay Love Affair with Gender Studies"
>woman: "Women in 'Woman's Work': Gendering Gender in the Social Sciences"
>woman: "Prostitution and Gender in Antebellum Calcutta"
>woman: "Gender"
>woman: "Sex and gender studies"
>woman: "Tampons, pads, and ironclads: Stonewall Jackson and Freebleeding"
>woman: "Einstein contra Bergson: Who rapes me more by having existed?"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't actually go to a university with these people.

Kek

I usually skip all female reviews on goodreads unless I'm looking for a good laugh

Has Veeky Forums always been this misogynistic? Yikes

No, not that I can recall. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach, seeing this kind of hate speech being thrown around so shamelessly.

Fags

Fight me bitch but keep in mind I'm on the right side of history!

They're being ironic you fucking dolt drumpf supporter

How new?

>Yikes

I know this is bait, but goddamnit, I hate Tumblr/numale speech patterns so much. Every little phrase oozes with fear, as if a single phrase could make them shit their pants. Even the appropriation of "y'all" strikes as being fear-laden, since it's almost always said with the least amount of confidence possible.

Why I just came from r/books, and was only snooping, for purposes beyond you, too profound for that Nazi mind of yours, and would hope some civility would be prevalent in this place, but nay, it was not so. Back to r/scifi with me, I daresay! Just know that I will keep you all in mind when I need to conjure up imagery/characters, et al, for orcs and trolls alike.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>everyone I disagree with is a nazi
For being pseudo intellectuals you people sure are shitty at defending your ideas

>anyone disagreeing with me is calling me a nazi
What was actually happening is him telling you to go back to /pol/

Maybe the one they are reviewing?

mmmmm, ok but like... he's right. y'all need to understand that honeyposting is one of the. worst. things. on the internet. don't u think its ridiculous that ppl consciously affect a textual register that immediately reveals an enormous amount abt their political beliefs etc.?? it's like how people dress like dorks to signal their participation in a certain subculture, except in this case that subculture is 'spineless thought police'?? don't u think its all a little ridiculous?

Yeah no I understand bud, you can't defend your ideas and literally everyone you disagree with must be a fascist. We get it, you're a hack

Amazon reviews aren't strictly kept under the purchased editions. Half the editions they list are weird fakes to game Amazon marketplace anyway.

Good lord, does the appropriation of southern speech patterns by people that would most likely be afraid or be physically repulsed by spending time in a working class, southern enviroment piss me off. Truly boughie.

>I'm personally a commie too

I actually laughed out loud.
Very well done.

Imagine being the sort of poster who tries passing off well-known content as being new

>woman: "Women in 'Woman's Work': Gendering Gender in the Social Sciences"

ded

>woman: "Tampons, pads, and ironclads: Stonewall Jackson and Freebleeding"
everytime

lol no its not

what is copypasta negro

Huh.

I always took it as more an appropriation of black culture. N that that counteracts your point, except that there'd likely be more fear than revulsion involved.

I want the summer to end.

xdddddddddd

>V
>Profane loses Rachel
>Stencil "loses" V

>Gravity's Rainbow
>Slothrop loses Katje
>Roger loses Jessica

>Vineland
>Zoyd loses Frenesi
>Mucho transcends Oedipa

>Mason & Dixon
>Mason loses Rebekah

>Inherent Vice
>Doc loses Shasta

well it's certainly 1 of those things

make sure I'm in the screencap or my whole discord room is downvoting you

I've been here since 2012, you putz. There's a difference between pasta and a screenshot.

white noise

2012 is summerfag

>one star review of classic literature
>it's someone who read it in college years ago and there reasoning is "uh... I don't remember liking it much."

>INTJ
>hufflepuff
learn mbti

Yeah, this is the right way

>implying any of those are the key parts of those novels
Gargantupleb

>they don't list the publisher or edition
Maybe because it's listed on the page of the product they're reviewing you dumb cunt

>Imagine being the sort of poster who tries passing off well-known content as being new
>sort of poster
Leave

Obvious b8 but so is every post below it so I guess what I mean to say is I CANT EVEN

Stopped reading at >introverted natural leader

>Even 260 pages of Moby Dick

I refuse to believe this is genuine.

Profane and Rachel and Zoyd and Frenesi are pretty key parts of V. and Vineland.

>all this whining
doubt she made it 350 pages desu

They can't appropriate y'all, that doesn't make any sense. It's just you and all crammed into one word. There's no appropriation, it's just lazy. Even when it's being typed out it's painfully obvious when the poster doesn't actually speak that way.

I swear, y'all get paranoid about stuff that ain't shit.

>I know this is bait, but goddamnit

you know it's bait but you decide to disregard context and soapbox anyway? you're a bizarro SJW. you do the exact same shit they do and you don't even see it. get rekt fag.

Hahahahaha

hahahahaha

>Christian
>Communist
Choose one.

(No, I'm kidding. Veeky Forums as a humanist board should be a place of tolerance. However, even if I'm not a Christian, I'm thrilled by the idea of a communist-christian board and I would be really pleased if Veeky Forums became one)

>Myers-Briggs
Myers-Briggs is patrician if you're the right type

Christian communist you say?

>INTJ being hufflepuff
>slapping a cross over an ancom flag
b&

The working class and the employing class have nothing in common. There can be no peace so long as hunger and want are found among millions of the working people and the few, who make up the employing class, have all the good things of life.

Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth.

We find that the centering of the management of industries into fewer and fewer hands makes the trade unions unable to cope with the ever growing power of the employing class. The trade unions foster a state of affairs which allows one set of workers to be pitted against another set of workers in the same industry, thereby helping defeat one another in wage wars. Moreover, the trade unions aid the employing class to mislead the workers into the belief that the working class have interests in common with their employers.

These conditions can be changed and the interest of the working class upheld only by an organization formed in such a way that all its members in any one industry, or in all industries if necessary, cease work whenever a strike or lockout is on in any department thereof, thus making an injury to one an injury to all.

Instead of the conservative motto, "A fair day's wage for a fair day's work," we must inscribe on our banner the revolutionary watchword, "Abolition of the wage system."

It is the historic mission of the working class to do away with capitalism. The army of production must be organized, not only for everyday struggle with capitalists, but also to carry on production when capitalism shall have been overthrown. By organizing industrially we are forming the structure of the new society within the shell of the old.

Fucking women dont get shit.

>one star review of classic literature
>"The characters were unlikable!"
>"The dialogue was unrealistic! No one talks like that!"
>"The plot didn't follow the same structure as a Hollywood movie!"

This is the type of person that needs to leave. I cant believe someone can be this retarded and be able to post.

Veeky Forums isn't a humanist board. Humanism is the antithesis to Christianity.

the windup bird

I'm kinda interested in oingo boingo's shit re clits

that was well done

the girls in bleeding edge and tcol49 also cheat on their husbands but they protags.

:^(
i love honeybees

>Mason & Dixon
>Mason loses Dixon
Fixed