Are they good?

Are they good?

Jon Snow deserves to die

What answer do you expect? What answer do you want?

Mediocre.

Im really interested in them because I like the characters but someone told me on /tv/ that GRRM books are shit

Yes, don't listen to the pretentious cunts saying they aren't.
Marketed as fuck, yes, but they are definitely worth reading.

Why are there two copies of a dance with dragons?

It is split in two volumes in some editions, like A Storm of Swords.

Why split any of them? I don't see the point other than to sell the novel twice

The first few are okay, but the series and story gets progressively worse. I think a lot of people have blinders because while the first book did chart a new direction in fantasy and subvert of the cliches that plagued the genre, the series quickly devolved. I genuinely have trouble thinking of characters who haven't either come back from the dead or had a fakeout death or even multiple fake out deaths. The whole nihilistic fantasy shtick has played itself out as well.

I think you can read the first book, then skip to the last and not really miss anything important. The overall plot is meandering because the series was originally meant to only be a few books but Martin decided to stretch it out.

You answered your own question.

The first three are pretty good. The fourth one is hit-or-miss, at best. The fifth one starts to rehab the series, but it still meanders quite a bit, though maybe Winds of Winter will make it better (if Martin ever finishes Winds).

What fantasy series could you guys recommend that is similar to ASOIAF?

I want to have sex with Snow Daenarys

Yes, they're good, now stop with this shit. We have this thread just about every day.

I'd say books 1 and 3 were fairly good. The rest range between terrible and mediocre.

This. The Baelish Bailout demands blood.

They were right.

Doesnt matter because that fat fuck will never finish them. Jusy watch TV.

What is Daenarys' tax policy?

Yep

Thanks Joe.

first ones ye
dunno the others