Boning knife

Do you own a boning knife? If so, how often do you use it?

i use mine every day on ur mom

Yes

Not often. Sometimes I butcher pig heads but its rare.

>Do you own a boning knife?
Yes.
>how often do you use it?
Not often, now I'm out of the pro cooking game. But I'll sometimes bone-out a lamb leg or similar for a Sunday roast.

I bought one a few years ago because I thought it sounded like a cool idea

I use it about twice a year, usually to separate frozen pieces of meat

as it turns out a petty knife is perfectly adequate for taking apart a chicken, not to mention more nimble

The fuck is a petty knife? Do you mean paring knife? How fucking retarded are you?

No, I mean a petty knife. In the future, use google before angrily sperging out, it will save you some egg on the face.

Small, Japanese utility knife you fucking ignoramus.
Why are you here, you clearly know fuck all about cooking?

Well I'm not fucking Japanese or American, so your cultures' retarded habit of renaming common ingredients and items to something else hasn't reached my country.

If you want to be understood internationally you should try using commonly accepted international terms instead of making up your own and expecting the rest of the world to somehow magically know what the fuck you're on about.

You don't need to do damage control on Veeky Forums, user-kun. Nobody knows who you are, "karma points" aren't a thing here.

Retard.

Who shit in your cereal?

i used it to glove bone the christmas turkey. sometimes i use it to do finnicky vegetable prep as well.

kys underage retard

How do you call a petty knife in "international language"?
Google translate says it's malgranda tranĉilo in Esperanto, but nobody speaks Esperanto.

Did someone say boning?

I have a stiff and flexible boner. I find the flexible boner to be more useful on fish, especially when taking the outside off. The stiff boner is better for larger fish and tough birds.

Rapalla's boner is cheap and easy to use if you're looking for a tool.

have another (you)

this is a trick
boning knives actually debone

I bone out pork butts regularly for work and do lamb legs at home also pretty regular. I still use a rigid knife. I really like Mercer's substantial sticky grip knife with a bit bolster. It doesn't double as a fillet knife but it's good at getting boness out of large hunks of meat.

My knife isn't as rigid as it used to be

Do you even lift?

When I was working professionally, almost every day. Now that I'm out of the industry, I only use it a few times a year.

insert a rape joke here

>Boning knife
I have a stiff boning knife which I use regularly for boning beef cheeks

I have two. One is an old ground down petty that is generally regulated to scraping bone, but not exclusively. The other is a typical western style boning knife. I tend to part out 4-5 chickens every couple of months and vacuum seal the cuts and parts to freeze for home use. They both usually see some use, and the one that isn't the old petty is sometimes my primary knife for that. I buy primal cuts, particularly when I have a gig to cook for, probably 4-5 times a year. I used the boning knife for parting out several turkeys for thanksgiving. I usually use them if I'm doing some rib cuts. Butchers tend to leave some stuff on the bones even if they're supposed to be fully prepped chops or racks.

>petty
You mean paring knife?

No, but I have another petty that is the size of a paring knife.

I don't always bone with knives but when I do