Evola/traditionalism

So turns out Evola isn't just a /pol/ meme.
I got Revolt against the modern world and liked the preface but the bulk of the work seems to be splattering of references to global ancient culture. I figured I should research these a bit for some context before going deeper.

What are some good traditionalist works that don't just regurgitate history? I'd like some structured thought.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/02/10/world/europe/bannon-vatican-julius-evola-fascism.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I'd like some structured thought.

You don't understand traditionalism. Traditionalism isn't a "theory" or "system" of philosophy. It's about ancient understandings of wisdom and truth. This can inevitably only be described through history.

Ride the tiger is pretty culturally relevant right now

Say you're jacking off to a can of minted peas. Over the course of a couple of weeks, try and jack off the same amount, but gradually cut back to half a can of minted peas. then 1/4, 1/8th and so forth. Over the course of 2 months you should be jacking off to almost nothing at all, and the transition to asexuality will be complete. It's not easy, but I hope this helps :)

People hate on the idea of reading Evola because /pol/ likes him but given he's cited by an influence by Bannon who is at the intersect between Trump and this new wave of right wing retards, I think his work is at least topical.

Quads of truth just ordered the book wish me luck
But Evola did just that in the preface, explain a method or purpose for the study of tradition. I can and would rather read the primary works on my own, instead of ecountering them for the first time dispersed in Revolt against the modern world, which seems to be a book to read after you have the info, and want someone to put it together/interpret it

> he's cited by an influence by Bannon

Wrong. Please provide evidence of this.

>But Evola did just that in the preface, explain a method or purpose for the study of tradition.

To study "tradition" could take lifetimes. Just read his book god damn it and go off on tangents afterwards you find interesting.

He referenced Evola in a vatican speach and "dogwhistles" epoch cycles
Should you read Revolt/ruins before ride the tiger?

>mentions someone once
>an influence

Do you even know the context of what he was saying?

Rereading things I misremembered things and saying I thought he had Evola as an "influence" was imprecise and misleading, but still he does interestingly connect Evola to the modern right wingers

nytimes.com/2017/02/10/world/europe/bannon-vatican-julius-evola-fascism.html?_r=0

Maybe lol I didn't

>Veeky Forums the answer

>So turns out Evola isn't just a /pol/ meme.
that's where you're wrong kiddo

Fuck yes thank you

Was this autism?

I also would be interested in some structured traditionalist writings.

bump

Cosmos and Transcendence by Wolfgang Smith. Short but elegantly written, deconstructs all the bs intellectual myths of modernity that masquerade as scientific "truths"

Thank you sir.