J Keniji Lopez Alt

Are this guy's recipes actually worth trying or does he just get off on telling people they're cooking wrong?

this guy is a clown. i troll his ass on the reg on plebbit.

They're good. Uncultured whitebreads from the "heartland" hate him because they're confused by his name and can't figure out which ethnic stereotype to use against him

Pretentious mongrel.

fpbp

Pretty much this. His recipes are generally good and he offers logical explanations as to why the recipes work. Insecure flyovers get scared of him because sometimes he uses 3 syllable words and his name sounds like a dagblasted mixed race furriner.

Same desu. I called him a cuck a few years ago and he asked me not to use his recipes anymore.

grow up

I've had a lot of luck with his recipes. Him and the serious eats people seem to really test their recipes a lot. Some of his stuff might not be worth doing if you don't have all day to cook. But the results are usually good,

If you hate the guy for some reason, don't give him your money. But you should still try some of his recipes if you are interested in trying to find the best way to cook something.

I used his technique for crispy apple pie and it was really good

t. cuck

The 3 ingredient mac and cheese is actually pretty good and far better than you'd expect.

you have to eat it right away, i made a large batch on thanksgiving and it sucked ass

I've done his black bean burgers and apple pies and they were amazing. I trust his recipes better than any other food blogger.

4channers don't like him because he put vegemite in his chili because "umami".

this

if you want the real reason for some recipe working -> serious eats

intro to cooking -> good eats
better cooking -> christopher 'cunt destroyer' kimball shows
best cooking -> serious eats

Did you fuck it

His tastes are sometimes outliers (especially on proper salting), he's definitely not an amazing video presenter, and the SE website is kind of a clusterfuck because, like most other mid-2000s bespoke designs and backends, it hit the mid-10s ideal of streamlining by exiling wide swathes of good content to "you basically need to do a site-specific google".

But his methodology is excellent, his recipes are quite good for isolating and describing that last step needed to move something from okay to great even if you might disagree on something simple, and most of the hate he cops on here is from the recent immigrants from /r/t_d who get triggered whenever their safespace traditionalism turns out wrong, especially when the person saying so is ethnically ambiguous and proving them wrong in pop media rather than a safely-pale Myhrvold writing words too big for them to understand in books too expensive for them to afford.

So what exactly is his ethnicity?

His surname is Alt which is German and Jewish. First name is Kenji which is Japanese so maybe his mother was Japanese and father German/Jewish. And the Lopez comes from sharing his wife's surname.

so... he is a cheap gook faggot?

>faggot
he's married to a woman(female)

took on her name. she is a beard, he is a faggot. That is also part of why he has no German heritage but retains the cheapness of a jew.

Proofs that he is part-Jew?

Fucking kys for actually caring about any of that. You're trash and we're better off with you dead

(OP)
His site is one of the 5 sites on the English internet that consistently post recipes that aren't trash. When I got into cooking I looked through tons of websites and cooked from all of them. I slowly realized a lot of people cook but most make bad food. Usually professional chefs have access to extremely good ingredients and professional equipment so even when their techniques are good you usually can't make it at home the same way. The best recipes are professionals who focus on home cooking (food wishes) or professionals that test all techniques scientifically and present their findings (Good eats, ATK, Serious Eats). Occasionally you get lucky with amateurs, like Cooking With Dog, but most of the time you just end up with straight up trash which makes up 99% of the content of sites like All Recipe and Cookpad

give it a try mudblood. I am ready for ya.

>mudblood
t. draco

I will never forgive him for the disgusting dan dan noodle recipe.

I'm an uncultured whitebread from the heartland and I hate him because I'm confused by his name and can't figure out which ethnic stereotype to use against him.

What was do disgusting about it?

Has he ever spoken about his parents' ethnicities?

He's pretentious and annoying as fuck and I hate him.
That said some (again, SOME) of his recipes are worth using. So, I'll check his stuff occasionally, but I've only used 3 of his recipes before. Some of the stuff he puts out is ridiculous and overly complicated for what is it, but ever once in a blue moon he gets something right.

she's an ugly woman too
(she's the one on the right)

Meh shes cute and probably looks fine naked

hi Alt-Male

Would slam. Is she an Inuit?

she looks like a poo

>jewpajeetspic.jpg
i'd say that's a yes.

Apparently that nigga went to MIT or something
I'd watch his videos but I feel they're too short