*tastes alcoholic beverage*

>*tastes alcoholic beverage*
>”wow that’s delicious”
looool, when will the “alcohol totally doesn’t taste like windex” meme end?

That wasn't Bombay Sapphire, my man.

People who say this have never had a good scotch.

Who is forcing this "alcohol is a meme" meme and why?

When it gets above 20% you start to really notice the flavour of alcohol.

Probably some 12 year idiot who just had his first sip of Coors Lite.

>looool, when will the “alcohol totally doesn’t taste like windex” meme end?

It will never end because most people don't have your mutant tastebud genes, ethanol tastes neutral-to-sweet to a normal human.

i had a fermented, rotten coconut and it totally smelled like exactly windex

it was so gross and weird

I think it's just people who notice that these threads always get tons of replies.
It's such weak bait, but people won't stop seriously replying to it.

If you buy bad alcohol, like bottom shelf stuff, of course its going to taste bad. It would be like buying a 1 dollar steak. It isnt going to taste very good.

If you buy some mid or high range stuff, its going to taste better and even delicious. If you dont like the taste of any alcohols though it wont really matter how good or highly priced it is, because youll hate it anyway.

Anyway, kill yourself for having shit taste.

>ITT: lmao nice babby palate, this literal poison is supposed to taste good

If you hadn't noticed the site has been overrun with drumpftards flocking to /pol/, who tells them that alcohol and 100 other things are degenerate. Then those newfags go onto other boards thinking that all of Veeky Forums is /pol/.

Tr0lled h4rd LMAO.

But fish does taste good.

Pretty much this. Children and imbeciles are flocking here in massive numbers. 4-chins used to have a unique culture of not having a culture, aside from the /b/hive. If shit keeps up this way I'm going to start living at Kirt's.

But the post is never about the effects of alcohol being bad, it's about alcohol tasting bad. That seems like a completely different thing. I think soda is bad, but not because I think it tastes bad.

Have you never been to /pol/? They don't actually argue about shit, they're just a hive mind of man children who blindly follow whatever Alex Jones or Breitbart tells them, then they make up excuses for why they hate the things they've been told to direct their anger at.

This. Rubbing alcohol with a hint of burnt oak is my favorite

Look I don't think you're wrong in general; I know like half of all posts are basically propaganda from /pol/, but this one just seems like it is more about baiting for replies than about spreading an ideology.

Maybe the bait works because there is an undercurrent of /pol/posters who will always come out of the woodwork and say alcohol is degenerate.

>I don't know what peat is.
Cool beans bro.

>Le /pol/ boogeyman

MY FAVORITE THING is when /pol/ack responds "bluhbluh its always been like this habbo hotel stupid jew cuck KEK"

Fucking embarrassing my man shit. This shit was so much better 10 years ago when you didn't even want to be called a newfag.

Now they're so autistic and cancerous and theres no more barrier for entry.

Make a mandatory sad panda type entryway and you will cut out half of the shitty babbyfags.

I think we're in agreement.

>muh pol boogeyman

Low iq af tbqh

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS THIS THIS
/pol/ is Reddit cancer, it is literally saturated with Redditors

What if you are alcoholic?

get back to your general then.

I don't wanna

>/pol/ is against alcohol
no its not

:3 Silly alckie you forgot to respond to my post to give me a nice (you)

Heres two you's because today I have two months sober

>alcohol totally doesn’t taste like windex
OP, why do you know what Windex tastes like? Your mother and I are worried.

Oops, gave myself a you

I tried plenty of expensive liquors (rum, gin, scotch, herbal liqueurs, vodka) straight, on ice, and in a variety of cocktails and I can say with certainty alcohol makes things taste worse. Any "good" alcoholic beverage only tastes good despite the alcohol, not because of it.

Also, I'm 30 and have been trying to understand people pretend to like the taste of alcohol since I was 16.

Why are people arguing about /pol/ when there hasn't been a single post about Muh degenerates just some retard saying it's /pol/ instead of someone wanting easy (you)s from this alcoholic board?

Because newfags blame everything on /pol/ and its obnoxious

> Make a mandatory sad panda type entryway and you will cut out half of the shitty babbyfags.
I dunno man, it might work for a bit, but eventually somebody would just post how to get around it on Reddit, or Facebook, or whatever else and we'd be back to square one.

Not like it matters, Hiro definitely doesn't care enough to do anything.

Windex is delicious

>everyone else is just pretending to like it

Every. Fucking. Time.

Its ok, that user probably can't handle eating mushrooms either.

>t. Marine

That single extra step would be enough to keep the 10 year olds and lazy trash off the boards.
Unfortunately gookmoot is an absolute thieving kike who only cares about making money, not the community.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

If it wasn't bad for me I'd love to drink beer instead of water all day every day.

Same here. A nice dark porter or stout. Of course those are the thickest and most calorie laden. I'd probably get fat.

Who dark beer here?
>Rasputin
>Narwal
>Busted Knuckle

This board has always been the closest thing to Reddit on Veeky Forums. Always. Going back ten years. If Hiroshimoot made a poll on here asking if you wanted upvotes and Veeky Forums gold, it would be unanimous. This board is cancer.

I feel like Veeky Forums is the most liberal board and full of cunty SJW hags.

Fuck off you whiny newfag bitches, Veeky Forums was never good.

>when will the “alcohol totally doesn’t taste like windex"
When you get a little older

so what there are better tasting things.
you dont live on chocolate and coke alone do you?
The variety of tastes is the key.
only through this variety we even can distinguish between things we do or dont like.
its nonsense to argue about taste and it will always be

I love dark beers. It's a shame all the brewers want to make is fucking IPAs

Veeky Forums was originally based around anarchism and then the drumpfcuck corporate fascist police state idf saturated the boards. Simple as that, whether they came from reddit, infowars or any other hive mind site or AM station.

>roommate a while back
>"Hey can you pick up and some chasers"
>buy actual good shit
>"dude where's my chaser?!"
>dude just try it
>Doesn't need a chaser for something that is a few more dollars than the shit he was buying

nobody ever brought up reddit on Veeky Forums 7-8 years ago when /pol/ used to be /new/, idk why people like you are always bringing up reddit.

That's because the news board cared about discussion where as /pol/ is just just a bunch of artists flinging shit at each other because all of them are terrified of the idea that people disagree with them.

>Make a mandatory sad panda type entryway and you will cut out half of the shitty babbyfags.
This is actually a fucking good idea. Even just a copy of google's "this site is dangerous!" interstitial would scare half of the morons off.

>news board

it wasn't a news board though, moot deleted it because it was filled with nigger hate threads and ron paul threads, it turned into /pol/, nobody really used reddit at that point.

This. Burnt oak and shit alcohol flavor is the best

people understand alcohol as a necessity, and their appreciation of intoxication makes the foul taste comparable to the sweetness of the heroin needles pain as you shoot up.

there's argument that alcohol tastes bad. try everclear 199 proof. it's pure alcohol with only as much moisture as it soaks out of the atmosphere. it tastes horrible because it's poisonous.

so, when a drink feels strongly alcoholic but in ways that are adequately masking the taste of alcohol, it's delicious, because you're going to drink it to get a feeling and it's not going to taste that bad.

it's like if 'objective delicious' is a 10 on a scale of -10 to 10 with 0 being palatable, the close to zero, the more delicious, relatively speaking, alcoholic beverages are.

>Literal poison
>Doesn't know the health benefits of drinking alcohol in moderation

For the record, water is fucking poisonous in the right amounts. Retard.

I'm not some alcohol basher but if this were true most people wouldn't need a chase or mixer or other shit when drinking anything over 30%

>the close to zero, the more delicious, relatively speaking, alcoholic beverages are.

The burn hits everybody which is why they're mixing it with things.

But the taste is netural-sweet to most people, neutral-bitter to some people, and intensely bitter to a marginalized few.

When you grow up.

it makes perfect sense if you're not a retard

Kirt's is so empty though. i visit now and again and even infrequent visits is enough to keep up with threads. Guess it depends which room of his you're in though.

i’m 28, still tastes like shit to me and don’t understand scotch and whiskey culture.

Cocktails are yummy. So is chocolate with alcohol.

the burn is the whole problem, which to me, doesn’t make the beverage taste good.
you can’t enjoy gourmet ice cream with thumb tacks in it even though “oh everyone feels the pain”

ITT: faggots and females

It's almost as if different people have different tastes... Nah, that can't be right, clearly everyone's just pretending,

Try spreading it with ice (for whiskey) or maybe even a juice/soda. I don't enjoy a super-hot bourbon, and I would imagine a lot don't. But good booze does exist where the burn from the alcohol isn't there.

Try different types if you can afford or have friends I always loved brandy so can't relate to that but whiskey I always hated till I tried some whiskey from highest distillery in the country (Scotland) and it was amazing

>alcohol totally doesn’t taste like windex
1 part jameson
1 part cilantro and lime absolut vodka
1 part tanqueray gin
Shake in a shaker full of ice, pour into an empty highball

Wa-La, literally tastes like windex

and poorfags

You are blessed to be one of the few not addicted to alcohol. You will save countless amounts of money and live a longer life. You aren't going to fuck it all up by smoking pot right user?

Looool when will the "being a perpetual 12-year-old" meme end?

Not even memeing but I think if you are a "supertaster", or less douchy sounding, someone with a sensitive flavor palate alcohol of any kind literally tastes like drinking gasoline until you get used to it.

It took me ages but eventually I stopped retching at the smell and managed champagne and dry red wine. I still can't really stomach anything that isn't wine or small beer except occasionally in mixed drinks.

That said it took me about 10 years of attempts to get to this point and I'd still gag if you dried to get me to drink a whiskey or gin.
>inb4 le top shelf meme
Its better, but not the reason its hard to like alcohol. Its probably genetic as no one in my family drinks and hates anything more than a fruity cooler.

alcohol does taste like shit. people say it's an acquired taste meaning it taste so fucking horrible but people keep drinking it until they don't mind it anymore. Shit is a meme and a waste of monies

t. Child

Nah man. /co/ is even worse.

The dosage makes the poison.

Tell me what kind of flavors you like, and I will make you a drink that you enjoy. Also, an alcoholic drink doesn't need a ton of alcohol. Use the right amount and you won't taste it.

Laughing at people who literally defend poisoning themselves

peat is rotten swamp dirt that has been burnt and then mixed with whiskey. The taste of alcohol is so bad that this process actually improves it.

Shut up faggot you're on Veeky Forums this is a literal tumblr board lmao. Go drink some craft beer and watch Steven Universe

Also moslems are the most anti-alcohol people in the world

>Buzzword buzzword and buzzword
Reddit is your place

butt chug beers if you don't like the taste. That's what I do.

all evidence suggests that moderate drinking decreases mortality rates

Recently, more research has come out basically saying that even small amounts of alcohol increase your risk of certain cancers.

What always helps me is to get drunk, and later on i'll be drinking it pure without even realizing that i forgot to mix it.

That may be true, but moderate alcohol consumption still causes an overall decrease in mortality rates. Note there are many factors involved in how long you live. A tiny increase in a few rare cancers does not even come close to counteracting the benefits.
Pretty much all drugs have some risk of negative effects, but the benefits outweigh the risks for most individuals

>hate alcohol
>hate gays
>hate women
>hate middle-easterners
seems to me like /pol/ and muslims have a lot in common

>buzzword is your place

sure showed me faggot. kill yourself

>ethanol tastes neutral-to-sweet to a normal human.

This is objectively wrong, you are the mutant user.

the taste of ethanol, in and of itself, is universally unpleasant. Take a nice mouthful of room-temperature everclear and really hold it in your mouth and swish it around, and tell me that's enjoyable.

>Doesn't know the health benefits of drinking alcohol in moderation

Can I have a citation on that meaningless popsci drivel?

This so much. I drink on the regular, but I'm not afraid to say that the flavor of alcohol is universally bad and will never improve the flavor of any non-alcoholic food or drink.

ethanol does taste solventy sweet, though it burns when you breathe the vapors

>ethanol does taste solventy sweet

I'm going to ask where you acquired this information from, because I'm not talking about the burning sensation I'm talking about the overwhelming bitterness that most humans actually experience when ethanol hits their tongue.