BBQ General

Gimme your best bbq sauce recipe bros. Nonsweet, mustard based, and vinegar based variations especially welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/2015/11/9/9695648/austin-tasting-menu-la-barbecue-video
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

whip up mustard, spices in bowl until desired consistency. Then add to boiling pork fat in skillet.

Add whatever the fuck else you want, let it turn dark color, put in a double walled insulated sippy cup

8 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp dijon ancient grain mustard
1.5-2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp cumin
.5 tsp ground sage
1/2-1 cup vinegar
1/2-1 cup ketchup

brown sugar and mustard are the base, the rest are very adjustable based on what you're planning to put it on

this is the base to my pork bbq sauce, and is very adjustable, i've got some recommendations based on what i've tried

- i opt for apple cider vinegar as the base, after forcing myself to try this several times with white vinegar (and admittedly no vinegars other than this) i'm still particular to the flavour of the cider vinegar
-if you're not planning on using pan drippings (should you have them) for anything else, replacing some or all of the ketchup/tomato base with this is unbelievable, and undoubtedly the most flavourful sauce you could possibly get out of this recipe
-i don't always use ketchup as the base. i personally use a fuckton of tomato in stews/chilis i make, and always have leftover tomato sauce on hand, and i often use this in place of the ketchup in lower amounts due the to thickness, making sure to strain it of any vegetables/meat first.
-the herbs are very much up to you. the ones i listed are popular with most people but i always toss in some rosemary and tarragon

if you wanted to scale this up to say, stock-pot size, and were intending to use a large amount of pork fat/drippings, i would reduce the upscaled salt content

>8 tbsp brown sugar
he said nonsweet asshole you ruined it

hey man maybe u could take out the sugar :)

don't smiley face emoji me bud

buds now are we eh
hope you cook a tasty bbq friend

if you are cooking pork BBQ of any kind the best sauce you can get is

2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon hot sauce of really any kind
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt

>Posts glorious Texas style webm
>asks for shitty Carolina style recipes

>2 tablespoons dark brown sugar

Ok looks good

But why the fuck isnt that dude wearing gloves when he molested the sausage?

thanks for the recipe boyo. saved.

That's a great question.

wow

Where is this?

Someone once said it was a BBQ place in Austin Texas, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed. If you really wanted to know, you could look through Eaters BBQ videos, it's probably there somewhere.

La Barbecue in Austin. I think one of their local hipster foodie rags does a '60 second menu' video contest and this was an entry.

The vinegar sauce I use for pork is as follows:

1 cup cider vinegar
1 tablepoon grainy mustard
1 tablespoon ketchup
Add to taste:
Garlic (sometimes i use fresh, sometimes I use granulated)
White pepper
Black pepper
Cayenne pepper
Sea salt

That's it. Makeit ahead of time so the flavor can come out. If it's too puckery for you, you can add some honey or maple syrup to help balance it.

Found the link:
eater.com/2015/11/9/9695648/austin-tasting-menu-la-barbecue-video

>tapping the knife

this

nice

2 tablespoons of brown sugar isn't going to make an entire batch of sauce taste overly sweet. it will cut the tart acidity from the other things in the sauce.

>it will cut the tart acidity from the other things in the sauce
why would you do that