Why is sushi so fucking overrated

Why is sushi so fucking overrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2qpuB_stEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because the sushi available to you, like the ones in OP pic, are absolutely terrible.

Sushi isn't overrated per say, it's overpriced.

I live in Vancouver, and like other types of Japanese food, but I still think there are way too many sushi places vs other food. No diversity anymore

That's gimbap, OP. A Korean seaweed roll usually with veggies instead of fish. It's a lot cheaper and lower-market. Great snack!

sushi is great. your tastes in food are decidedly below average.

Because you come from a culture that doesn't respect or understand it. Your father was probably a welder or sanitation technician. Stop talking about Sushi, because it makes you look like human garbage.

>per say

>welder or sanitation technician
Whats wrong with that?

Nothing, but they tend to be fucking retarded West Virginian rubes that can't understand food outside of a TV Dinner. When people are too stupid to realize how stupid they are, you end up with shitty food and Donald Trump. Both of those should send you to prison.

Do you low lifes ever just wish you weren't the people you ended up becoming? You sound so stupid and miserable that I can't imagine anything else.

Are you suffering?

Because weebs

>tfw plebs can't fathom the high level of intellect and culture you need to eat raw fish and rice

>Do you low lifes ever just wish you weren't the people you ended up becoming?
Every single day

>Are you suffering?
Absolute

You think this is the reason why sushi is overrated?

I think its the reason why your perspective is worthless. You're small people. Garbage people that dont' know a fucking thing. I have uncles and family that are as empty as you are. I ignore them. Like I ignore you idiots. It's like petting a dog. Good boy, good boy...

>people that dont' know a fucking thing
Well beside the fact that i feel miserable you dont know shit about me.

> Like I ignore you idiots.
Paradox

If your sushi has avocado, cream cheese, mayo, crab salad, or the nori on the outside, then it isn't real sushi.

i love me some tuna nigiri, but it's not like the best thing ever
rolls are absolute poopoo though

fuck, nori on the inside is what i meant

Wrong.

>tfw i had to stop eating agedashidofu because of the soy

go fishing and make it with fresh fish

>be a dumb weeb
>think you’re better than other people
Absolute pond life.

The problem with sushi is people ruin it by putting flavorless rice on it
>inb4 some weeb tells me sushi IS rice

Are you retarded? Sushi doesn't have to be made with fish and shit like california rolls were invented in Japan.

Fuck your right. There’s no way Donald Trump would be president if not for West Virginia

I only like sushi if it has cream cheese in it, am I a monster?

>wa la

Japs love cream cheese and mayonnaise in sushi.

>raw fish and rice rolled into a cold unsatisfying clump
I will never ever understand the appeal.

>raw fish is delicious
>properly cooked rice is delicious
>roll them together

It's japanese, it's expensive, and it's an aquired taste, but not too hard to aquire.
Those three things make a prime candidate for an overrated meme food .

>generalizing blue collar workers when you're a worthless neetbuxxer on a mongolian spearchucking forum

If there is anything I learned from Japanese media it's that their food deserves 0 (zero) respect.

Maki rolls were popular mostly on the coast. Most of the sushi in the USA are just maki rolls, mostly done the inside out style. With a lot of fake crab meat and mayo. There is nothing terrible about it. It is just rice and fake crab with mayo and sugar.

t.soiboi

>love sushi
>it's 'overrated' and everywhere

What a fucking time to be alive.
I remember when white boomers hated it and it couldn't be found anywhere. Dark times.

Not everyone is as poor as you are OP.

this is the point where someone with actual introspective leaves Veeky Forums and never returns, but you won't do that will you

>raw fish is good
>rice is good
>everything else but mayo is good
idk op, sushi is pretty good. it is expensive as fuck in the us though

It's just raw fish over rice. It's the farthest thing from culinary expertise.

This board is so full of reddit/tumblr cancer

WHY DOES EVERY THREAD ON THIS SHITTY BOARD TURN INTO DISCUSSION ABOUT AMERICA OR DONALD TRUMP. GO BACK TO FUCKING REDDIT

t. r/thedonald

This is finger food right?

You deserve to die desu. Classist faggot who hates his own race but supports third world immigration.

Found the narciscist.

Its not.

Your palate is not used to it. You've been fed on western food your entire life, and western food is heavily manipulated and manhandled during the cooking process in order to extract as much flavor as humanly possible.

Sushi is barely handled at all, because of an autistic Japanese food ideal where as little human interaction as possible is needed due to some traditional cultural notion of keeping the natural flavors

This is not a criticism of sushi by the way. I like it, before some retard with poor reading comprehension starts sperging out.

tl;dr: Shift your mindset away from maximum flavor and look for subtlety instead. The Nips are not big on bold flavors.

Sushi is the soyboy food and soyboys are sadly common nowadays

When it's nice it's really nice. Fresh rice, fresh fish, well made. The flavours are simple but imo the best food is pretty simple. And if you add wasabi you get the spice, and the pickled ginger that comes with it is meant to be used as a palate cleanser between flavours. Paired with miso soup, it can be a really nice meal. But old, cheap, poorly made stuff is pretty disappointing every time. And the irony is it's hardly cheap considering when you make it yourself it costs nothing.

Pic related, my favourite sushi place in this city.

Learn to identify layers of bait

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

Skilled bait desu

amazed someone would work so hard for the purposeful jibber. Why do you try so hard to not be funny? Makes my back ache and feel sad for you.

yer gonna love gimbap

I almost bit on the first sentence but my eyes looked down to the "doggy dog world" part and I just began laughing a little.

weebs

that projection though

I thought Veeky Forums would be low key enough to not attract you faggots. Get lost

yeah pressing ctrl + c on knowyourmeme is pretty laborious let me tell you

>Why is sushi so fucking overrated
It is not overrated or usually overpriced depending where you go
Good stuff isnt going to be cheap simple as that
Sushi boat and all you can eat buffet places wont have good stuff at rock bottom prices
Expect to pay nearly 35usd for a couple of plates before drinks and dont expect to get full either
Good sushi grade fish is great and aside from eel most of the other stuff I prefer is rather buttery when eaten
Still octopus is something I usually have a hard time passing up

Go back to Wyoming. Stop fucking farm animals.

You realize you're garbage people, right? Like people in venezuela or some shitbox in central america.

I like it a lot , what other recipes use sushi rice though? I have a lot lying around and I kind of wanna try other stuff

>paying hard earned money to eat out
>Don't expect to get full
Literally what point?

because poorfags think instant ramen is the epitome of fine dining
newsflash: flavor is about more than just salt

*bows to you*
thank you for defending my culture from these american pigs
*unsheathes katana*
*cuts donald trump poster*
Trumpu is much dishonorabu

it's like paying to eat out a hooker amirite?
when i go out, i don't want to have to clean the dishes if you know what i mean

I go to a place with friends every other week or so which has all you can eat rolls and sushi for 13 dollars, I eat probably 10 rolls then go work out right after. Best bang for your bulk. I wouldn't pay any more than that though.

That is a shitty analogy. In reality 'eating until you're full' is how you end up with completely unrealistic portion sizes and yourself a fat piece of shit. Have some self respect.

havent you figured it out yet? everything is overated

Why are you here, not on /tv/?

Nah that looks way to bland to be gimbap.

I think the fundamental difference is Koreans always use toasted laver, but Korean ‘sushi’ is also always filled with rich ‘americanized’ ingredients: mayo, spam, canned tuna, processed cheese, etc. Along with the more typically Asian egg, fake crab, daikon, etc.

I much prefer the Korean since it tastes like something: jap sushi always leaves me feeling ripped off since it’s just tasteless rice and tasteless fish made palatable only by dipping in sauce.

korean jellied garbage is a fucking disgrace, and that's your own fault for liking it. It's fucking gross. It's a cuisine that no one wanted. It's like licking an asshole. Yeah, it's good for the seller, but not for the client.

don't forget to throw a raw egg on top to make it entirely american garbage.

Just image search gimbap and tell me it doesn’t look 1000x as flavourful as sushi (it is t. Lived in both Korea and Japan)

korea does a few things well. Kimchi is good, that dish looks good. the rest is needlessly wet and savoury. I prefer thai flavours, light, hot and bright. Japanese food is subtle and savoury, and with uni, sometimes very umami I guess.

No one is stopping you from marrying a white woman and having a dozen kids you can't pay for Cletus.

b-but diversity is our strength, user

Don't eat there, shithead. Eat what you want. Or bitch like a fucking empty cunt online, they both work.

>Its not overpriced
>Spent $35 on a quarter cup of rice, a slice of avacado and a few small slices of fish just because of presentation

Thats not what eating until you're full means. It means to eat until you're no longer hungry. Working people will leave places like that feeling hungry.

Carls Jr. "FUCK YOU I'M EATING!"

you people are such trash. like something that belongs in a wood chipper.

youtube.com/watch?v=L2qpuB_stEU

Raw salmon is a God

>EXPLAIN MY OPINION TO ME

OP is a retard, confirmed.

pls pet me more daddy

Paying for cheap sushi is what is overpriced, as for eating all you can eat rolls is lame, as for eating till you get full well that is so american like and pretty damned pathetic, still the idea of overpriced and overrated is not hardly so complicated to understand once you have a taste of the good stuff

Lets say you want to drink some soda pop the place offers some cheap yellow ribbon pop cola flavor and another offers shasta cola flavor and everyone knows that coke is what desired
Well sushi when its good is the coke and its the one made with real sugar

Hope that helps