Cooking Knives

I plan on getting an actual knife for cooking. What's the price range on a good one and what to keep in mind for maintenance (sharpening, storage).

[spoiler]Also post knives[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B013HY0WZS/ref=s9_acsd_zwish_hd_bw_b1DPE_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-12&pf_rd_r=DA7GN43C5H90A7AJKAQY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=936ac514-7796-5463-9688-b5f5a7b35f26&pf_rd_i=289864
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you have literally no real chef knives, a dollar store knife will do you fine.

Once you've used it for a month, you'll know what could be better and set out to buy a real knife that'll solve your problems.

Get an 8 inch chefs knife. If you don't cook all the time it's really the only knife you'll need. It's very versatile. If you wanna get into cooking more seriously get some good knives. But if you're just a casual cook a chefs knife is best. Just get a cheap set on amazon. They have decent ones going for like 20 bucks.

Chef's choice sharpener and a fibrox knife on amazon. Ignore all the spergs saying you have to finger fuck your knives for hours before committing to a purchase. Also ignore the freehand muh sharpening stones spergs.

>an actual knife
>actual
Dumb weeb.

amazon.com/gp/product/B013HY0WZS/ref=s9_acsd_zwish_hd_bw_b1DPE_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-12&pf_rd_r=DA7GN43C5H90A7AJKAQY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=936ac514-7796-5463-9688-b5f5a7b35f26&pf_rd_i=289864

14$ on amazon unless you getting married, having kids, and need more knives for entertaining guests.

What’s your budget?

What did you do taday user?
>I added absolutely nothing to any discussion because I’m cancer.

I'd be willing to spend like around 150€ on it, maybe more or less.

Why are all the questions and reviews about solar-powered lights?

A CKK and a green brick of joy

Tojiro DP F-808 and a decent whetstone
>ceramic
garbage

I spent £99 on a Wüsthof which I love. I’m not a pro, so others here will know better.

I have a 9" Wusthof Chef's Knife and I love it

Also get an honing rod and use it before you cut every time and you will retain the edge a long, long time

I bought a Wusthof 6" chef's knife and a 3" paring knife... really nice, very pleased with them.

Like I say in every one of these fucking threads, go to a fucking store. With your budget how it lays in your hand is most important

Maybe fucking op didn’t fucking read all those fucking threads and is fucking asking now, you fucking rudypoo.

OP here, thanks for the feedback! Went with pic related, feels really nice cutting stuff with.

>Santoku
why

Why is this fucking OP not on this board everyday??

Japanocentrism.