Mayonnaise

Do you make your own mayonnaise or do you just buy it?

I have a mayonnaise ferret so I never had to make it unless he goes dormant.

Make my own depending on the dish, and infuse accordingly

That's a penis.

I'll give you a couple eggs and some oil if you catch my drift.

My mayonnaise ferret dived into my ass and now I'm fat because of all the mayonnaise it's producing inside of my rectum.

Depends on the context.

If I'm incorporating it into dinner (bearnaise, aioli, etc.) or making a special h'ors doevre I'll make it.

If I'm mixing tuna salad I'll use store bought.

Buy it of course, they sell really good mayonnaise in the netherlandands

mayo is for subhuman scum

Okay, I admit it. I buy it. Just a tube of mayonnaise and it's enough to last me until it expires. I bought those big tubs earlier or made my own but that stuff is just too much for occasional use for a single household.

Now I can make a nice egg salad pretty much any time.

I usually buy unless i know i need a lot.

dude, i got an emersion blender and im making mayo for days

I don't eat it, because it's the worst condiment.

Could I make mayo from beef tallow or lard somehow, maybe replace the oil component with that? Would this cause problems?

i mainline eggs and vinegar into muh dick

Yes. It has to be oil so that it doesn't turn solid at room temperature. I won't even talk about how disgusting that would taste.

yes, but dont substitute the oil completely
use about 50:50, did it with bacon fat once, it was too overpowering

So I'd have to heat the fat until liquid then make my emulsion, and if it sets correctly, then it should stay set. But 50/50 oil to animal fat only or it will split.

I don't use mayonnaise generally

tweak with the ratio a little bit
might take some time to get it right
Try heating the fat and mixing it with the oil to see how it changes when it cools down

If I have to do a dish that calls for it I make it. Otherwise if its just to put on burgers or to eat with chicken I have a tube of Thomy Mayo