Popular threads on Veeky Forums right now

Popular threads on Veeky Forums right now
>Books about curbstomping liberals, nu-women, celebs, and jews?
>Did the Holocaust really happen? Even Peterson thinks Hitler was satan
>What was meant by this Veeky Forums? Is it true that people should stop reading white males authors?
>I took a Chicano Studies class to raise my GPA and "because of the recent tragedy at Charlottesville" I have to write a 5 page essay on this book.
>[Marx thread]Uhhhh, look at me! I'm a massive faggot! Uhhhh, seize the means of production!
>If America is the culmination of Western white civilization, as everyone from the Left to the Right declares, then there must be something terribly wrong with Western white...
>PREACH SISTER! Don't you just *hate* neurotic white male writers Veeky Forums?
>what are the best books on gender studies?

Are there any books about this phenomenon? About people actively seeking out things on social media to get outraged about? Or about people who all agree on something -- e.g. the inferiority of other races, or women, or how dumb liberals are, which Veeky Forums ostensibly does -- but nevertheless feel the compulsion to endlessly regurgitate the same stuff either by indulging in clickbait articles, falseflagging, etc.?
To me, it seems like the most inane thing imaginable, so I'd like to understand the psychology. You see the same thing when you go to /pol/ and, I'm sure, it's left-wing equivalent: people who go to great lengths to create an strawmanned Other but still incessantly have to keep reminding themselves to keep fanning the flame or reducing the perceived evil Other to a charicatured ideological figure. Same for, say, /r9k/ and how everything revolves around female inferiority, etc.
I genuinely want to understand the workings of such a mentality, so I would love some recommendations. It's such a weird phenomenon. I'm sure ressentiment is a huge part of it.

And before people feel butthurt, we can all agree that this also happens on other sites, with different political leanings. I merely want to read about something that I find so weird when I browse this particular site, i.e. people who purport to be convinced of something, but nevertheless have to keep reminding themselves by actively seeking out things to get outraged about.

When the mainstream discourse is completely dominated by one perspective then people will find other outlets to complain. Academia and media are so heavily leftwing that people go to anime forums to blow off steam.

Please don't post trash.

Looking with any kind of scrutiny at the same threads and titles, it's pretty obvious that what some consider the intellectual body of Veeky Forums i subject to an influence campaign.

The question "Should we stop reading White Male authors?" Immediately begs a "No." from your mind. Any/all pretense to a leftist opinion is only farcical in nature, imitated, and taken to the lengths of buffoonery in an effort to delegitimize the position. Your knee jerk psychological reaction to criticize a false opinion puts you in the exact frame of mind they want you to be. Think of it as a narrative mechanic, to get us to like or dislike any one character. Some say liberals create strawmen in arguments. Sure. But here, you will find only straw liberals.

I won't pretend to know who the primary agents of this campaign may be, probably a splinter of /pol/, but they're obviously effective if you've already begun to consider their notion of "in-line" thinking. I'll give them this, they're persistent sons of bitches.

Pretending to be retarded is a steady stream of infinite yous.

So you genuinely think there's some sort of psychological pathology at work here? It's just to 'vent' and get Yous?

So you genuinely don't*

Thanks

Shitposting is fun and getting (you)s triggers serotonin release, I don't think it is any more complicated than that. As far as the political aspect, so much media reads like shitposts anyway that people are going to mock it.

But you already know what people are going to respond to a picture like that, don't you? So you actively go seek it out to post it to a site, where you know exactly what kind of response you get? I don't understand how you can get a kick out of it. And the people who know all this, but nevertheless feel the need to respond to a picture like the one you posted, in a thread they know one of their own made and which will be filled with the same faux outrage

>tfw libbies always pathologize people who disagree with them

So how do you account for I'm genuinely curious because it seems so utterly bizarre to me. Would you post the same thing if I had asked about left wing people doing the same thing on a left wing site?

What does Heraclitus have to do with this?

I remember coming down off of acid and seeing an article about a woman who wrote on Facebook that a t-shirt that read "boys will be boys" was an endorsement of rape culture. It was posted by a supposedly reputable news source. I was disgusted to see the news being such shameless profiteers of our innate hatred and rage. The collective hatred of normies, women, Nazis, trumpkins, etc. is wildly profitable in the age of online advertising.

Nothing at all. I just prefer the picture to cartoon frogs

>people who purport to be convinced of something, but nevertheless have to keep reminding themselves by actively seeking out things to get outraged about.

That can be either people who are trolling their enemies and seeking support, or people who are provoking debate to challenge their own beliefs.

The Jewish conspiracists are too far gone to think rationally about anything. But there is a contingent of independently minded people who post outlandish ideas.

Anything to drive up clicks and view counts. It's the yellow journalism of the modern day which only serves to drive up readership through hot takes and divisive rhetoric. It appears to me that these "lol white men need to stop" are, on the surface, trying to bring every identity to the same level and even out "privilege" while it only serves to drive people to sites like this Korean knitting and K-pop appreciation website so they can complain about the extinction of white culture. The same is true on the right but mirrored. Both are captivating and the media has no incentive to stop it because that's the issue of the day

It irritates me that headlines like that (and the ideology that creates them) exists so I mock them. I don't think it should be illegal for Salon or whoever to post stupid things but I'm entitled to mock it and I hope other people will mock it too. The left spews so much genuine outrage through the media that turning it into a caricature on an anime forum is satisfying especially when other people get in on it because the mainstream is so one-sided that it is easy to feel isolated if you have different views but when you see other people fed up with the same things as you it is encouraging.

So at bottom, it's because you feel alienated and alone?

books and literature are inventions of the satanic space jews and must be destroyed along with everyone who reads them

Why else would anyone spend time here?

Yeah, it's fucked that this has been going on since forever. I don't think we'll ever stamp out our hatred of each other. It seems so primal and innate. Like it's encoded in our DNA.

You make a good point. But is there not an argument to be made for alienated and lonely people who love literature to be able to discuss literature without all the baiting and ressentiment?