Turning bad steak into tender steaks

I remember watching a jack video on this when I was reading up on it, It might have been the first time I seen jack.
does anyone do this or tried it at least?
any tips on cuts, coverage, amount of time salted, holding temp

Other urls found in this thread:

amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/salting-brining-curing-and-injecting/dry-brining-easier-and-less-wasteful-wet-brining
m.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_itemId=null&_nkw=Digital Temperature Controller H50TR LED Temp Thermostat Switch 55 120 C DC 12V
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/salting-brining-curing-and-injecting/dry-brining-easier-and-less-wasteful-wet-brining

Try the Chaliapin method

>Chaliapin method
fuck off weeb

This is pretty effective but somewhat limited and also limits flavour possibility
Try cooking sous vide, mechanical tenderisation, papain, bromelain, and getting decent cuts or a combination of those

What if no hundred dollar sous vide?

>also limits flavour possibility
whats stopping me from seasoning the steak before coating it in salt? wouldn't that work out fine?

Crock pot that you should already have and a cheap temperature thermostat like
m.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_itemId=null&_nkw=Digital Temperature Controller H50TR LED Temp Thermostat Switch 55 120 C DC 12V

bump

So it can work with a crock with only two settings (lo high)? I thought sous vide was about temperature control?

Put the crock pot on high and you run the power to the crock pot through the relay in the thermostat. The relay will switch on and off and regulate the temperature. The temp probe goes in the crock pot water.

Mind blown... Thank you

seems like it'll make your steak taste like corned beef or ham.

no thanks.

i'd rather mechanically tenderized. mallet, jaccard, etc.

so is the idea with this weebshit meme that the onions tenderize the meat? 30 minutes doesn't sound like enough time.

Are any of the recipes in that anime even real?

They have a recipe consultant who comes up with all of their food

didn't jack do this once

Have fun with your kitchen fire bud, those relay contacts definitely aren't rated for 120v much less the amps going to a heat element.

Buddy made the Gotcha! Pork Roast.

Was pretty fucking good.

>didn't jack do this once
who is this jack you speak of?
>I remember watching a jack video

Buy one?
We should be moving on from traditional methods of cooking now that objectively superior methods are out there. Classical a shit.

You can find ones that are rated high enough. I just didn't spend the time to find the exact one.