I'm new here so I don't know if this has already been discussed or what not...

I'm new here so I don't know if this has already been discussed or what not. I finished this book and you know how sometimes with books you just sit in silence and you think of what you just read and let it process in your head. That's what I had with this book. I myself, already sort of had this point of view of life but I tried to read it as the younger, insecure me and it would have been a great help back then. It basically talks about how we should not give a fuck about things that aren't important. Such as, materialistic stuff, our social medias and also our emotions. If you feel stuck and insecure about yourself and you know you give too many fucks about things that aren't important, this book could be a great self help even though it isn't labeled as a self guide.

we discuss literature here
this is an advice book
so you should discuss it on /adv/
thanks

go back to plebbit

The trouble is not passion, but misplaced passion.

>this book could be a great self help even though it isn't labeled as a self guide
It in fact is a self help book and the title is gay and you probably should have just read the stoics instead (which are also self help books basically though at least they are literary).

judgement thou art fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason

>Claims to not give a fuck
>censors his own book title

Faggot

jesus fucking christ laurens sister, you're killing me.

Don't let yourself be discouraged by the redditors' shitpost replies. I'm glad that you actually took the time to read this book. What you learned is something that is a very good steppingstone. What I mean by that is that you should apply those things to your life now. Continue reading to further improve yourself. Read the basic recommendations that we'll give you and pursue subjects or viewpoints that interest you.

We don't really care about "self-help" books but we do care about arguing the superiority of our opinions. So get to reading.

Start with the Greeks.

I'd give her a subtle fuck if you catch my drift

>We
does this FAGGOT speak for all of you?

doesn't speak for me

tfw promotion thread getting +20 replies and mine get me ban fuck this whole wsite

what was your thread
did it include the word "redpill"?

Please go back to /r/books.

>If you feel stuck and insecure about yourself and you know you give too many fucks about things that aren't important, this book could be a great self help
How? What's the essence of its strategy for not giving a fuck, if you already know you shouldn't? Do you think your behaviour will change in the long term because of this book, or did it just make you feel empowered?

shitty bait or shill

sage

lol if you think mark manson needs to promote himself on obscure subreddits

It's pretty good, you could do worse

> we should not give a fuck about things that aren't important. Such as, materialistic stuff, our social medias and also our emotions.

Nah, fuck that. The inability to care about other people's emotions is what leads to a lack of empathy. Not caring about materialism leads to bad art.

You should still care about all of those things, it should just be tempered like any other vice. "Is this thing providing value to my worldview?", etc.

Nobody speaks for me. Nobody listens to me either though, so whatever.

FUUAARRRKKK how is she the older sister?

Never read the book but it ain't subtle. Its pretty clear to tell when you don't give a shit/fuck etc etc

The problem is "not-giving-a-fuck" isn't an art and it can't be taught. It's a personality trait (neuroticism) and there isn't much you can do to change it.

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. get the fuck off my board.

>book about not giving a fuck
>book title censors the word fuck

Stirner for brainlets, I imagine.

Maybe if Stirner was a retard

Would a publisher release a uncensored one? especially in america.

>just don't give a fuck, dude!
>ok, ill just chill and be loser
>no, not like that, you need care to wymynz and being x

everytime

So basically, you're from reddit and it really made you think.