/Whisky general/

/Whisky general/

"You must drink all of the (10oz) shots" editions

just got my hands on some Lot 40 rye. looking forward to trying it out straight and in cocktail format.

Anyone else to scared to buy alcohol? I think I will try again tomorrow.

Ditto. Gonna sneak a bottle of Suntory Toki for sippin'. Everyone grills me when I buy booze. I fucking love whiskey tho. I deserve to unwind. Whatchu drinkin'?

I just bought some Whiskey from Amazon.

And sake

AND ANIME

I didn't buy anime

> This thread got increasingly cuck

What does this even mean?

just got back from a sake tasting. good shit. I should start a sake thread

kind of. hard to justify the expense but fuck drinking the cheap stuff

>it's a euphemism for reddit
fuck any user who went there instead of the other chans

So he is actually saying this thread became more reddit. I still don't know what that means.

Please can you tell me how much expensive is?

that's highly subjective. I tend to float around the 35bux area guilt-free. anything 40 and up makes me re-think and look for discounted offerings.

plenty of folks here will tell you anything under 60 is cheap, so feel free to make your own judgements based on the cost of living in your area and income/ responsibilities

You guys 18 or something? Jesus Christ.

drinking pic related, it's a good solid bourbon, maybe a little overrated but I always go back to it.

It's not that $60+ is expensive, it's that there is a noticeable difference between a bottle of Jim Meme and a single barrel Blantons. Some whisky are meant for mixing, others are for sipping and enjoying the taste. It's that simple.

Drinking Four Roses, to make my WT101 last longer.

Whiskey rookie here. Thinking about buying Nikka From The Barrel, but it's really expensive for me... Monkey Shoulder is cheaper and you get more of it, but I want to try Japanese whiskey.

Is there a bourbon that isnt boring? With scotch/irish at least you have peat, pot stills an regieons all affecting the taste. Im yet to find an interesting bourbon. They are either bland with overpowering vanilla or slighly more concentrated flavour, but nothing characteristic.

Been drinking Springbank 10, started off on Laphroaig 10 and adored it, but wanted to try something a little more nuanced. Springbank is exceptional. Old Pulteney 12 is the next scotch I'm going to uncork, It's a bit cheaper, but it might be a nice halfway point between price and quality. Also, avoid Maker's 46 unless you like sawdust and cheap butterscotch candy. Buffalo Trace is much much better for the price. I notice, though, Buffalo trace on the rocks literally tastes like cinnamon sugar syrup. It's incredible.

Drink them all

What's with Veeky Forums wanting to drink Japanese whiskey all the time? You guys weeaboos or something?

it's good. not the best ever but why wouldn't you want to try something new? I'm trying to find some good Indian whisky myself

>Head in to Superstore Liquor to buy beer and see window shop whiskies
>Johnnie Walker Red and Black 750ml completely sold out
>Glenfiddich and Glenlivet 12s are the same
Unsurprising I suppose.

I think once I finish off the last of the Lagavulin 16 I have here, I'm going to give that Suntory Toki a try.

Real talk, how is it? Smooth and mellow I'm guessing?

It felt like people stared at me when I bought alcohol today so early since New year's Eve and one old fart certainly did. It wasn't whiskey but beer though. But later I thought I saw the same dude at the counter with kilju ingredients, so...

Toki is good. Not the best but good enough. I recommend trying it in a japanese highball. Chill a glass
fill it with ice
Pour however much whisky you want
stir
Fill with soda water
Stir again

That's the skinny. You know how tgose japs are. Everything is a fucking ritual

It's good stuff but definitly overpriced in the US. Scotch generally has more value

Nah not really, but I barely ever buy it anyway. If I were to drink daily I would probably try to hide it tho. I do judge unhealthy looking people buying 0.5L cans of beer with filthy banknotes desu.

Jack Daniels is god tier

I've been buying alcohol fairly regularly since when I was 15, what's there to be scared about

The cashier made fun of me when I bought beer because I don't look like 18. I was 17 anyway stupid bitch.

Gentleman Jack is decent, but there are much better Tennesee Whiskys to be had.

got gifted this stuff on xmas and just gave it a try with my rye. decent stuff

>Everyone grills me when I buy booze
What did he mean by this?

Dont lie

Are there any whiskys that can beat kool-aid in a test comparison?

Monkey shoulder is great for the price.
Just be aware of the differences between scotch and bourbon.

Bourbon is for kids. Way too sweet and, as you said, boring. Scotch is where its at.

I watch anime but I'm not buying it.

I get a bunch of shit from friends and family because I'm the guy that sets off explosives in the backyard or generally gets up to no good when I'm intoxicated. At least I used to. I take it easy anymore tho and only sing to the pets or cook too much food.

What did you do with it? Make an old fashioned?

>My tastes are superior to the tastes of others
Pure, unadulterated pretension.

2oz rye, 1oz syrup, top off with club. serve on ice.

I like my whisky neat, but this was a fun change of pace

Old school highball. Nice. No bitters around?

yeah, wanted to try without first