discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2009/12/14/all-that-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Scatterbrained statements merit no discussion

There's no evidence to say he wasn't

Hanging himself in his garage is pretty solid counter-evidene

newyorker.com/magazine/2009/12/14/all-that-2
He was, he tried to become a Roman Catholic but failed twice. And he then went to a Mennonite Church.

>he tried to become a Roman Catholic but failed twice

He really is /are goy/

maybe.
But what do we think about THIS?

His mistake was killing himself. I'd kill to know how DFW would've handled Trump.

LMAO his mistake as not killing himself earlier.

just rad any article in the atlantic, they're all the same as anything he could have written and they're all by verbose liberal arts majors who spend too much time obsessing over their ego.

You have to be over 18 to post on Veeky Forums friend

He didn't kill himself. DFW was murdered by the impostor inside him.

But only underage pseuds don't recognize Wallace was a no talent loser.

I will never not laugh at the greatly deserved ridicule of this hack fraud. Why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself? The only sincere moment in the life of David Foster Wallace was when he kicked away the chair. The rest of his life was a lie, the New "Sincerity" was a joke whose punchline was the creaking of a leather belt around the rafter.

His literary career was a menagerie of self help lies told to keep his depression at bay - the audience pussy and drugs were the ghosts at that feast of hypocrisy. The depression was warranted because behind all the gimmicks and the self awareness and the bandannas was no discernible talent.

Yes but that was far from his only mistake.

He'd ironically follow Trump to see how much he could fuck up.

Shut up loser

he made no mistake.
don't get cocky, OP

You just know some ugly rentiment fueled non-white furiously typed this out

"Because here's something else that's weird but true: in the day-to day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism. There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship. And the compelling reason for maybe choosing some sort of god or spiritual-type thing to worship—be it JC or Allah, be it YHWH or the Wiccan Mother Goddess, or the Four Noble Truths, or some inviolable set of ethical principles—is that pretty much anything else you worship will eat you alive. If you worship money and things, if they are where you tap real meaning in life, then you will never have enough, never feel you have enough. It's the truth. Worship your body and beauty and sexual allure and you will always feel ugly. And when time and age start showing, you will die a million deaths before they finally grieve you. On one level, we all know this stuff already. It's been codified as myths, proverbs, clichés, epigrams, parables; the skeleton of every great story. The whole trick is keeping the truth up front in daily consciousness.”

"We're all lonely for something we don't know we're lonely for. How else to explain the curious feeling that goes around feeling like missing somebody we've never even met?”

Sure seems like he wanted to...maybe whatever stopped him ultimately led to his suicide too

>he sinned so he's not a Christian

Do you seriously believe this is an argument?

Why is Green still alive and DFW gone?

Green is a successful writer, entrepreneur, and respected personality with a wide-reaching audience. His endeavors are global, and his prose remarkably endearing and relevant, long ago having surpassed that of David Foster Wallace. What's not to live for?

>What's not to live for?

Your wife getting railed by Tyrone on the reg

I need to see Green and Hyde meet. Just once

>scatterbrained

I thought he hanged himself?

I hate that I share the same phenotypes as this faggot

Literally anyone that's actually a christian knows that suicide is equivalent to straight up just spitting in the face of God and will net you a ticket straight to eternal damnation, there is no legalistic talmudic argument against that fact even in catholicism.

lol

I wonder if Hyde would track down Green and ambush him if we paid him enough.

suicide is never explicitly addressed or condemned as the unforgivable sin in the Bible. Please correct me with evidence if I'm wrong.

Its layed out very clearly if you reject life and reject God's love then you will not find salvation. It doesn't literally say suicide=hell as far as I'm aware but you can put two and two together

Suicide is murder and can be forgiven like other sins. However, it is a grave sin indeed.

Christianity saves you from Hell, not your self. The best of Christianity is becoming yourself through Christ. That would not have saved him.

Killing yourself is literally the opposite of becoming yourself though

Underrated.

Actually articles in the Atlantic are probably alot more concise than anything business /techie people would write.....if they could even write..or think....about the human world and human work .

????read some philosophers dude. What does "indeed " add to your rhetoric by the way?
And have fun when you are 92 and in diapers immobile and unconscious for a year.

Oh please. Brainwashed much ?

>if you believe the world is anything but a pointless swirling shitstain of gas in a void you're brainwashed

>Tyrone

Oh hey grandpa.

Why, what do all the hip kids call niggers?

the funny thing is the guy is probably a boomer and you are younger.

It's the old student movement people who pretend to be the hip youngsters, while the new youth will rip their work apart.

I see the same happening in the catholic church. It'll have a more conservative turn after Francis.

My impression from reading the 9/11 essay 'The View from Mrs. Thompson's' was that Wallace ended up at her house because he knew her from church

He tried, couldn't believe. Read the bio.