What does Veeky Forums think of Balkan cuisine?

What does Veeky Forums think of Balkan cuisine?

I thought they just lived on vodka and the flesh of other ethic groups

went to a serbian deli, the lady yelled at me for not knowing what I wanted. went to some sort of balkan restaurant, there was no one in it except the guys in the corner chain smoking. overall friendly people but not much in the flavor department

Raw onion and cottage cheese i saw it and thought Yuk, but i tried some and it was bloody amazing. also avjar is really nice

so much meat and grease that i love it.

Love it

>avjar is really nice
So much this. I always have some, as soon as I run out, I go buy more. It's essential.

Rakija*

Worked at a balkan restaurant. Basically the menu was just meat on the grill. I loved it. Always had dinner and drinks with the owners and the rest of the staff at the end of my shift too.

It's great

unoriginal but delicious

like what amerifat food could have been if not for cargill, dow, and monsanto shoving plastic garbage food down everyone’s throats

Fresh local food, god-tier tomatoes, feta and bureks, but most of the meats are quite bad, including cevapis

>white bread
>worst cuts of meat
>raw onion

Into the trash it goes

I think it would be a good idea.

you mean fake persian cuisine? disgusting

Best food on eart

>going to restoranti
Hahahhahahahahahaha

We don't have such things. Go eat at somebody's house to taste the real food

it's not bad. i like those little sausages. the pepper spread is p good. plum brandy is delicious. can't get into that weird cheese spread tho.

is balkan cuisine actually more than kebabs, moonshine and bread?

is it like a combination of Slavic and Mediterranean/Middle Eastern cuisine?

>Balkan
Just reading the word ruins my appetite

mm, more turkish/greek with an emphasis on meat.

Spent a month in Bulgaria a couple years ago, shkembe chorba is the greatest soup in the world. Aldo, rakia is great and I wish I could find some here.

>Balkan cuisine
*adds 1.5 L boiling oil to food*
woah