Thoughts on this book?

Thoughts on this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XRCYlZ4XOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im into white nationalism and getting women back in the kitchen and out of art. take your guess

It's The Turner Diaries for leftist grils

>turner diaries is wish fulfillment for white nationalists in which they hold all the power and execute all their enemies
>the handmaids tale is wish fulfillment for leftist grils in which a totalitarian patriarchy forces them into sex slavery and keeps them as breeding stock
makes me ponder

Islam is more likely to produce her nightmare than Christianity, but that would have been bigoted to write

Probably the best written dystopia I've ever read. I'm going to have to take Atwood's side with what she says about the novel being feminist in the way that females are a crucial aspect to society and what happens to them in the novel is interesting and important, but it's not whiny, or forceful. I didn't see the central character as a raging feminist but a human being in a bad situation. Where was the "wish fulfillment for leftist girls" part? Because although there was sex in weird circumstances, none of it was erotic. Most of all it seems to be about humans interacting with other humans. The Aunts part? Where Atwood explains anyone would jump on the opportunity to have a little power, even if it meant oppressing their fellow humans? The whole thing is a deeply psychological study.

>The whole thing is a deeply psychological study.
you can't be serious

can't believe how much slack atheists give Islam desu

Christianity is evil
Judaism is evil
Islam is evil (and a significantly bigger threat rn)

Thus you became enlightened.

What isn't evil?

I couldn't sympathise with the protagonist because I found the scenario too arousing.

Nothing wrong with it. It's a good dystopian novel.

People are gonna hate on it because muh feminism boogeyman.

>atheist
>yet believes in "evil"
how unsurprising

Western atheists shit on Islam the second most of any religion and it's the religion that gives itself the second most attention in the west.

They were especially based after 9/11

youtube.com/watch?v=7XRCYlZ4XOQ

Muh moral relativism

Extremely shallow, It doesn't go far enough to make anything actually interesting. Probably wouldn't be relevant if it wasn't a required diversity quota read in high school.

>there is no supreme arbiter of morality
>yet morality is objective
get real, there are things you like and things you don't; and then there's your goofy ego trying to impose its will on the rest of society.

I'm a Christian but even I realize that most relationships are best framed in terms of the friend/enemy distinction. I don't cloak my prejudices in faux-righteousness.

what if I told you objective morality is real and 100% physical

>all these faggots triggered by fucking Handmaid's Tale
I guess it isn't a complete waste of paper. God help you edgemasters.

>if we just ignore it maybe it will go away
Nice try, sister

The handmaiden's outfit is the fedora & guy fawkes mask of left wing women

no its not

I would say that you are mentaly handicap for believeing on fairy tales.

>Spooktacular Society

No wonder Denied drank himself stupid before he brained himself. Rip my dude I'll see you soon.

*Debord