/ramen/

Never had ramen. A ramen bar opened up nearby. $15.- for a bowl sounds pretty steep. Is it worth it? Should I give it a gtry?

Other urls found in this thread:

webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/FLSA/002.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

some of the meals at McDonald's are almost 15 dollars so it's really not at all when you think about it. If you're not struggling to pay your bills then why not try it out

if it's that expensive, it might be really good, try it

It’s noodle soup.
If you like noodle soup then go for it.
If not don’t.
If you’re unsure of what you like ask your carer for advice. He will be used to communicating with you using two syllables or less.

what meal at mcdonalds is almost 15 dollars/

if it's owned and operated by Japanese, then yea go for it.

Big Mac meal is like $12 last I saw

goddamn, not sure where you live, but here in Ohio a big mac meal is 5-6 dollars

assuming USD, yeah $15's pretty steep for ramen. But they tend to upmarket the shit out of jap food outside of japan. You should still go for it, though. Ramen's pretty darn good for everyday "street food".

>egg in ramen
White people..........

OP here.
My carer has granted me a lunch pass. So I may leave the building an go eat ramen. i'm so happy!
Will post results. (in about an hour) (if I don't get lost)

Please take (horizontal) pictures of what you order and post them afterwards

Huh? A marinated soft-boiled egg (nitamago) is pretty common in ramen, y'know?

Don’t forget to wear your tard helmet.

baka weeaboo

yes, ching chong ching chong

The patricians choice OP.

OP's back

Well, the ramen was good. But not great. And I have to say that's a bit of a dissapointment. I expected a great big flavor packed broth but it was just an ok soup with noodles and some veggies and stuf.

But as a hot lunch on a cold day it wasn't too bad. Over priced tho.

Ramen can be absolutely god tier or shit, it really depends on the restaurant. A good sign is the place is full of Asians

and I need a new phone

place was empty lmao

I spotted a Five Guys new in town. Packed with people. Heading there next week.

I ate ramen in Japan it was the best thing i ever ate.

This was my expectation. I would go eat ramen and it would be the best thing ever. Sadly, it wasn't.

Best ramen I've ever had was in the red light district of Amsterdam but it would probably still be btfo by a legit Japanese example

if youve never had an actual bowl of ramen that somebody actually put effort into making, then bite the bullet and try it, even if the price is cheap.

shits fucking good, and its about the only dish i know of where its worth potentially catching the bubble guts and dribble shits

>tfw you leave and your lips still have some of that flavour on them.
makes me cum every time

>I expected a great big flavor packed broth
This is what you should state in your yelp review. Its a sign of cheapness when a broth is watery.

When I lived in DC, the pho noodle soups around town were rated against each other yearly by fans based on broth. Without that level of competition, elsewhere, you can tell when it's is made by poverty-minded people stretching the costs in the kitchen.

Well thanks for confirming that I have a fetish for the mentally handicapped since your post gave me an erection.

Maybe you just need to be a highschool weeb. First time I had real ramen was some Japanese mall in Boston on the first floor of a learning center or college building or something. I go back there from time to time and it's still one of the best meals I've ever had.

>Should I give it a gtry?

Fucking yes obviously.

$15 might be super steep or very cheap, depending on the quality and tier of chef in the kitchen but as a one-time expense to get an experience you haven't had before? That's a no-brainer, definitely go for it.

For that price absolutely not. I’ve been to meme ripoff places in Japan and they never dared to charge that.

Everyone knows Japanese food is bland.
What were you expecting?

>bait of this caliber
Japanese ramen is fucking delicious my friend, a good miso or shio ramen has a very strong flavor. The ramen shop I used to eat at all the time in Tokyo was shunned by all my white friends because they said the broth was too strong. The place was always packed with blue collar japs though

where the fuck do you live?
i live in one of the most expensive places in the world and a big mac meal is still a little shy of $10

>calls it bait
>still has to weeb out

tell us more about your katana and how many times it was folded and your trip to some village in Japan and how well your kimono fits you fucking retard

expensive =/= good

$15 seems expensive but it's not that bad if it's the type of place that gives you a fuck huge bowl of it. There's a ramen place I go to that charges $12-$15 depending on the type, but the bowls are huge and I struggle to finish it every time.

>Big Mac meal is like $12 last I saw
I'm calling bullshit. I live in New York and it's not that expensive here so it won't be more expensive in the middle of flyover nowhere boonieville where you live.

$15 is steep. But it's definitely better than five guys trash, you'll be spending over $10 at 5 plebs for a mediocre burger.

Diners around here serve awesome burgers for like $8 on the low end with thick fries and $20 on the high end with fries depending what neighborhood you're in.

I feel for you OP, that looks like some weak-ass ramen. The corn in there is a real warning sign.

Um, actually its a dougie for martial arts training and i dont own a bladed weapon. I am the weapon.

I would've told them it was shit and refused to pay

What are those round things floating at the top? That's some pretty awful looking ramen desu. For that price you should have gotten a huge bowl like this.

>What are those round things floating at the top?
Don't see what you mean

Strike that

It's corn

I pay 14 dollars for this combo deal with a big bowl of ramen, a drink, and 5 dumplings all the time. It's really not all that steep if it's good desu.

It's so fucking worth it if it's a good bowl of ramen.

live in japan. good ramen is 700 yen aka like 7 bucks, make it at home for 300

Ramen, and all noodle bowls, should be cheap. No more than $5 a bowl in today's market. If someone is trying to get you to pay more than that, protest their establishment because they're greedy bastards

Probably lives in Hawaii or Alaska, I could believe it there

>if it's that expensive, it might be really good, try it

obv. purely anecdotal but the cheap asian meals I've had were way better than the expensive ones

this just looks sad desu

>new restaurant opened in my town with food I’m interested in trying
>should I try it?
Op, kys.

>has nothing constructive to add

The question was if it was worth $15. Turned out it wasn't.

>lashing out this hard

>durr I’m so poor $15 is a lot to spend

unfortunate OP, high quality soups are top tier in winter. but at least now you know.

Do you have any reading comprehension at all?

The only ramen I've ever ordered had a half inch of oil on top. I tried to flag the water down to send it back but she never came by so I ate it all in shame.

I've had really good experiences with Pho, though.

>Everyone knows Japanese food is bland.
Our shields can not withstand bait of this caliber.

correct, down to the flavor. 10 for a dollar when I was a kid.

>be 56%
>earn $2 per hour working in restraunt
>have to rely on tips
>live around blacks
>get stabbed for serving them fried chicken
>hospital bill arrives
>$465,000
>signed dr shekelberg
>have to work more hours to pay off bill
>no time to cook food
>have to eat at restraunts for every meal
>spend $500 per week in restraunts and tips

>>earn $2 per hour working in restraunt
>>have to rely on tips
That's not how that works despite what holes will have you believe. They usually make minimum wage and pocket tons of tips, every waiter does this. The idea that you're ever "relying on tips" is so retarded.

>durrr is this ramen place that I haven’t told anyone the name of worth eating at? Keep in mind I haven’t even told you where I live either
Honestly you should kill yourself for being this fucking dumb

well here in NY, ramen is as good as it is in tokyo
and even still I've gotten some substandard ramen here and there

side note: why the fuck would anyone eat pho when ramen is readily available?

but anyway, it might be great but I can't say for sure. its not just soup, its all about the noodles and the broth is more like a sauce for them
my favorite kind is miso base

those grey pucks are corn? they look like sliced spam

>is this unnamed ramen place worth eating at
How the fuck should we know?

you definitely have to go for it. this isn't your cheap bullshit ramen you buy for a buck at the store and cook on you own. and also as somebody said, go if the people making the food are japanese

No, I'm pretty sure those reddish brown circles are not corn. The image is really low quality but it looks like some sort of pressed meat that was sliced thin or something.

Man, that is some sad ass ramen. Sorry you had a bad ramen experience. Like most people in this thread have said ramen can be pretty crappy, but when it's done right it can blow your tits clean off.

It's sliced oxtail

You got ripped off OP, pic related is a bowl of ramen worth $15

Australia is definitely more expensive for micky d’s then in NY. Probably the most expensive in the world.
Small Big Mac meal and 6 McNuggets costs $15AUD.
Getting anything more fancy your looking at over $20 each. I see families in the cars in front of me just getting 2 adult sized meals and a couple of happy meals and it comes to $50-$60.

Corn is normally a good sign. Sapporo style is some good shit.

Corn with no butter and a transparent broth is some serious nope, that egg is overdone af, and even if it's OP's bad phone's fault the chashu looks like Steak-Ums it's still way too much of it..

>The idea that you're ever "relying on tips" is so retarded.

This is objectively wrong. Certain states allow employers to pay tipped employees below minimum wage as long as they make up the difference in tips. So they will make minimum wage either way, but if they aren’t making more than the difference between thier wage and the minimum in tips per hour they arent making any extra money or “pocketing tons of tips”. Decent places don’t do this mind you, but some people do depend on tips to earn any decent money. Also waitresses get taxed on their tips.
webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/FLSA/002.htm

Also, trying to claim the minimum wage either way is a good way to get fired. Even if you can document it. Even if it's because of dumb shit like being assigned the owner's church group who were told in advance they didn't have to pay, or if it happened on days when dining was closed and you were called in to help with prep or cleaning.

Looks like shit. I got a bowl of ramen at some gook festival in Houston that was amazing and only cost $6

stick to mcdonalds tastelet amerilard

thats not wrong or a bad thing with ramen

>he thinks waitresses claim all their tips on their taxes

Where did I say that? I was just stating that waitress’ tips are subject to taxation, which is true. Everyone cheats on thier taxes though.

Also this

>Also waitresses get taxed on their tips.
Yeah...

Rate my ramen

there is such a thing as too much oil

On the bright side, I’ve found that Maccas here in Australia tastes so much better than the overseas stuff

I've already told you, you made it wrong.

3/10 at best.

>$25 minimum wage
>surprised everything is now expensive

Eh, the quality of life is great in the cities and food is above average, I’m happy

always fear if the broth is clear

A lot of the reason prices are higher is because taxes in Australia are higher, but it's okay because you get healthcare and bridges that aren't falling apart, neither of which America has

Dont give up on it, honestly its hit or miss with ramen depending on the restaurant. Check the reviews for your local ramen shops and see which ones rate highest and check them out. Ramen will either be god tier or shit tier depending on the place you go.

Ramen is supposed to be cheap food, they're just trying to get your money by appealing to your weeaboo senses.

I guess try it once if you really, really want to.

I'm not sure how this no healthcare false narrative came to pass, but americans had really good health care
only 1/9 of people were uninsured before obamacare and that included illegals and people who simply chose not to purchase insurance
then it became much worse for everybody once that shit was illegally pushed through and made into law

are
are you retarded?
I have a friend who is insured through the state and it's still taken 3 months to get through all the red tape to get the surgery approved.

us healthcare is absolute trash and your braindead shaken baby syndrome ass can't see it

$15 is pretty steep - but good ramen is REALLY good. Obviously any good ramen is better than something like Top Ramen but a really good ramen is far superior to a more average kind. A really good ramen is addictive.

Try it again somewhere else. I’m sorry you had a bad experience. I have had 2 really good Miso Ramens. Ramen 1 is my favorite of the places I’ve tried over here.

Ramen 2 is my 2nd favorite.

your friend is living in a post obamacare world on public health insurance
if anything he's living the main argument for why public healthcare is trash

I remember when I hurt my ankle back in pre-obamacare
I paid $40 out of pocket and saw a doctor, immediately went from the office to get an MRI
got my MRI results the next day and was given a brace, and in physical therapy that weekend

my mother was having some abdominal pain, she went to the hospital and found she had major gall stones. She was in surgery 4 hours later
there's a reason europeans flee their countries in droves to seek help in the USA when they are diagnosed with cancer
because people in america actually survive it
that's what actual health care looks like. That's how it used to be, and that's how it will be again
#MAGA

you are fucking retarded. pre-obamacare was fucking terrible for anyone with pre-existing and often bankrupted people without insurance for surgical care, post-obamacare is fucking terrible for everyone else now, now there is no out of cash option for general stuff.

I am super pissed how fucking expensive Ramen and other Japanese food is around the area I live. Like holy shit I just spend $14 for a small bowl of ramen and for extra chashu it's $4 PER SLICE. BUT FUCK I WISH IT WASN'T SO DAMN GOOD

In Japan it's cheap as shit. I mean it was a dish originally created by the fucking poor

Save your money and get some pho

And the worst part is all done by the restaurant chains who really wants the bang out of our buck. They know they have hungry millenials craving the ramen they see in anime