How's that novel coming, Veeky Forums?

how's that novel coming, Veeky Forums?

i keep writing new scenes instead of editing when the rough draft is already done

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxwC07fbeT4lUzhFcGc1VGdqaFE/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

36k in. I make the dumb mistake of "fixing" previous chapters because I have horrific OCD and that halts my progress. It's been 4 years of research and a year and a half of writing. I'm in no hurry, but I would like to be done by next Summer

>I make the dumb mistake of "fixing" previous chapters because I have horrific OCD and that halts my progress.
oh god user i understand

I'm writing for a woman I love... I've never felt at a loss as this moment.

Bad, I dont feel in the mood for writting in months.
The last thing I wrote was the final chapter of a fanfic of mine, but other than that, my head isent going nowhere.

That's sweet, user. What's the story about?

I wrote some poems for girls I liked.
One of them is my gf
Good luck user

will finish my novel by next Wednesday

screencap this

First-first draft of the first narrative done. Still mostly adding notes to the chapter/scene outlines for the second one. I made good progress before but let myself get into a slump of not doing the writing itself.

Doesn't matter, I'll be afk for a fortnight and am taking my notebook with the chapter headings; if I'm not near a computer I'll be able to concentrate on them and have lots to type up and refine when I get back. One or two plot points that are still niggling but it shouldn't be a problem.

When that's done I'll hopefully have the form for the third and 'final' narrative so I can start on that, then begin the editing/final refining which is my favourite part.

My novel is way too short so I'm trying to pad the word count.

too short for what?

I'm halfway finished. That is to say the first draft(120k words) is done and I'm revising/editing. I've taken to writing a number of scenes that aren't going to be in the book but that help me ground the specifics of important events that are referenced throughout the story and that's really helped me catch some inconsistencies.

How long is it? Padding how? Are you just adding words to take up space? Because that's a terrible idea. Your book can be short and still be good.

It's going ok. It takes me a long time to design the entire work. I haven't written a word of it down yet. Only notes, scenes, ideas, structures, placements, characters, attributes etc. I don't understand people that just start writing, and discover things as they go along. I have to have everything in harmony. I have to understand the whole and all its parts and how those parts play off against each other. Most of the major and minor discoveries have to be made prior to writing it all down. It has to be a total harmony of parts. Like a complex mosaic. Sometimes I'll have an intuition that will illuminate a huge area of prior darkness, and draw a number of large parts into coherence. I'll write that down, and then the next problem will be the articulation of that general intuition into its lowest particulars. But that requires I have virtually all the other major problems solved.

49k in to a ~100k fantasy novel. Got a few characters to figure out still but I have the MC and his love interest down. I know how it ends, but getting the sequence of events right to lead to that ending is still in progress.

>tfw had to give up on the literary lifestyle and go back to school to become a proper wagecuck because I couldn't shill myself hard enough to make profit

How can you go on? Is there any sense in this life?

I am currently waiting for my editor to come back with my first chapter and I'm taking a break while I wait to fuck around.

I actually came up with this really weird non traditonal lite-cyberpunk thing that I made in three days, I really like it, the context lends itself to being unpolished which means I can just do it rather than do it and polish it up with days of editing, its great to keep me creatively fulfilled while I wait for my bigger stories long editing process.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxwC07fbeT4lUzhFcGc1VGdqaFE/view its here if anybody is interested in it, its super short and i'm planning on experimenting with weird non-traditonal story telling methods more in future.

Think of this as more as a sampler and tell me what you think, I'm particularly interested in seeing if the text is too "fellow kids"

bump

how many words do you guys write a day? i'm trying for a consistent 2000 a day as per stephen king's rule

27k of decent edited work, aiming for 40k. A military/political sci fi blow out. Got the whole thing planned out but need to just sit down and write, I have next three chapters in various stages of completion but can't focus on a single one for very long, its coming up on a year of writing, but I only ramped up effort in the last 6 months, I hope I can get a completed draft by the end of the year.

Stop frogging up the board for one

It reads like how channers talk on tinny-chat. A bunch of autistic teens who suddenly have usernames and personas.

I've queried 30 agents and have been rejected by six, so far.

Feels bad man. I've felt dread and depression before, but nothing so bad as this. I have nothing else going for me. I know my writing is at least decent, but there's no market for what I have to say.

Taking a break from writing my own stuff to try my hand at writing some fan fiction. Gonna write the sequel to RPO, name it Ready Player Two and post it online. Fuck Earnest Cline

I feel ya. Queried 60. So far 1 asked for the full and I've gotten 5 rejections. I'm just paranoid now that my one fucking typo on the sample I sent it going to sink my chances of getting more request. It sucks being a paranoid fucker.

So what you're saying is its perfectly realistic.

My work here is done my dude.

I have millions of words and not one fucking chapter. God what a wreck
I need to stop angsting and go the fuck to sleep
Started writing again after catching feelings for this damn guy, rejected yet I keep wanting it
Fucking suckd

The longest piece I've written is a ~15k sci-fi short story that was basically a adaptation of a AAR I did for a game. Would you guys say it's better to stick to short stories (shorter = more full iterations to improve) or just #yolo a novel, focus on finishing it and then go back and fix the problem parts? A guy I know asked me for an opinion of a draft for his first novel of about ~150k he ended up revising it 3 times and changing 80k words before he said he was happy with it.

I'm leaning towards the short stories, perhaps eventually weaving them together into some sort of cannon.

Don't pad the word count, add sex scenes that go into excruciating detail. Take pic related for an example. Every pop-fic writer does it, so don't worry! /s

You shouldn't worry about typos or mistakes, that's what editors are for.

Dude, I'm not writing a novel. How many times do you have to post this thread?