Of the non-English speaking countries and regions, which would you say has the overall greatest literature...

Of the non-English speaking countries and regions, which would you say has the overall greatest literature? Would you say it is better than English literature?

Italy looks like a boot

Italy ur butt out of my thread real answers only pls

Russian literature is dank.
You usualy will need to look for the Old World: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, not much of Portugal, etc.

There is also China and Japan, with have great things.

Germany and France and even fucking Scandinavia mog the shit out of both the UK and USA

>Greatest
Muh objectivity

Russia, but I like Heian / 20th century Japan, personally

Russia and its not even close. Russian literature shits all over American literature.

>Germany and France and even fucking Scandinavia mog the shit out of both the UK and USA
The first three have some good stuff, but let's not get carried away.

Russia had a great 19th C, but I'm going to go with Spain. Even better: the Hispanosphere. I'm not too sure I'd put Spain above the UK or the Hispanosphere above the Anglosphere, though. Close.

Of the non-Western places not mentioned yet, the Persians look worth checking out. They have quite a reputation for poetry.

Portugal

T. Portuguese

Noray

AYOOO

Best: Russian, German
Close Runner-Up: French
Great but lost its quality over time: Italian, Spanish

Most Undareappreciated : Balkan Literature, Japanese Literature, Romanian Literature

Can be both good and awful: Latin American, African

Imma have to agree with this for the most part, I know nothing of Romanians except Tzara

Almost every "major" country, or to be more precise any european language,from the western world have great literature

choosing which one is better isn't only pointless, but also retarded

China
yes

>Best: Russian
Just fuck off

sorry ))))

it is just a fact ))))))))))))))

Tzara wasn't a Romanian, he was a jew.

Tolstoy and Chekhov's good work can't carry the entire rest of a nation's second-rate fiction to the top ranking, sorry sunshine.

China

Shakespeare exists, so no.

just pretending to be retarded

Brazil
UMA