/cawfee/

When was the last time you went to a real coffee shop?
I mean one that actually grinds beans before brewing and serves coffee in actual dishware and doesn't have a drive-thru nor locations on all 7 continents.

Also coffee thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

onyxcoffeelab.com/collections/coffee/products/el-salvador-finca-santa-rosa-honey
200degs.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have never.

About twice a week or so: I go to the shop and get a mocha latte with extra espresso. One of those times I get beans to take home (I grind them myself).
They have 2 locations, the one I go to has no drive-thru. Fairly certain the other location doesn't either.
I recommend their beans. They source and roast, and ship all over.
My current favorite (on the countertop right now): onyxcoffeelab.com/collections/coffee/products/el-salvador-finca-santa-rosa-honey

Oops, 4 locations.

Day before yesterday, good life coffee in helsinki

Last week I guess. I just bought weed tho :^)

I always go to the local non-chain coffee shops. They're priced the same and they tend to be less busy, and you get a better product.

I actually like the fact that we have fucking Tim Horton's everywhere because they keep the lines shorter at the good places.

>local coffee shop
>they have signs going outside of their property up to the curb of the local starbucks to lure people to their shop
>coffee is priced the same
>pretentious shit on the walls
>pretentious menu with no prices
>side shop with stupidly overpriced coffee maker stuff with their logo on it
>ask for a pourover (that costs extra)
>had to ask them to put it in a cup "for here"
>it tastes the same as starbucks blonde roast

I hate getting coffee outdoors, I don't wanna pay $4 for something that tastes worse than what I can make at home.

yesterday morning.

drive through coffee isn't really a thing here. even starbucks is failing since we are all such coffee snobs

New Zealand?

This morning. Pretty decent coffee shops all over the place here in Australia

Today, I ended the cawfee grween tee debate by combining the two

A matcha latte wit one shot of espresso is a beautiful thing.

I go to my local coffee shop weekly, most of the employee know me, it if they don't know my name, then l they know I like drinks with high amounts of caffeine in them
They have better coffee than sbux, and they're slightly cheaper for a few drinks

There is another coffee shop I go to let frequently that is hipster as shit and really minimal. It's where I've discovered iced Americano with tonic water is a good idea.

Is it worth it sifting my grounds to get rid of the fine dust? I keep getting muddy shit at the bottom of my coffee cups (french press)

I love a couple blocks away from a french cafe that's one of the best cafes in the city and appears in traveling guides, anything you order is fucking delicious, great coffee too

Was it painful?

is this the tea thread

reddit has been having a rather amusing meltdown over tim hortons lately.

Two days ago because it was roasting day and I got fresh delicious beans, used my points card and got a free half a pound. I drank a red-eye while they bagged up my beans.

>fired twice
wat

Well I just did it and the coffee came out pretty pristine but rather watery, tomorrow morning I'll do the same but add 30 seconds of steeping time and see what happens

Five months ago. A good spot in the last town I lived in.

Idk just don't get out much since I moved. There's a good spot here I've been to before an I'll make sure to hit up soon.

Thursday and Friday of this week. Wanted to check out a place in town I hadnt heard of until real recent and still wanted to stop in my usual one. Coma and Sump, respectively.

Local doesn't mean good. There's a lot of second wave places around that are just inherently trash from the ingredients they're working with and some third wave places that fuck up perfectly good coffee with barista incompetence.

No. Some degree of fines is necessary for proper extraction. Sieve out particles that are too large if anything at all.

I only go like once a month or so with a friend to catch up. I just don't know what I'd do in a coffee shop by myself. If I want to sit alone and drink coffee that's what the kitchen is for.

I enjoy talking to other people there when there's someone else alone and clearly into coffee, which is pretty easy to tell just from even casual small talk. Plus it's nice to try someone else's take on a brew or shot. Get outside my bubble of what I make.

I know someone who quit Starbucks 3 times and they still hired her back on

maybe it means they had their hours cut to 0 and it was effectively like being fired, you didn't lose your job but you were no longer being called into work ever.
I hate this new millennial form of non-confrontational HR, nobody wants to fire you anymore and they would rather jerk you around and waste your time because they think you'll go postal.

It's because they don't have to pay your unemployment if you quit, so instead if firing you, they'll just cut your hours down to an unreasonable low amount, hoping that you'll just quit

One of my friends had this happen to him at Dollar general

What kind of coffee making apparatus is this exactly?

Siphon/Vacuum

The ultimate meme

Yesterday. I've run through the stockpile of Holiday Blend coffees I've been gifted over the past few weeks, so I needed to pickup some fresh beans. I bought pick related. Roasted Jan 2/18. The roaster recommends a 9 day rest period but being completely out of coffee I opened up the bag this morning. Ground to 2Q on my Vario and pulled 20g in about 38s (as per the roasters recommendation). Fucking delicious.

NB - more on topic, I also picked up a gibralter and a cinnamon when I was at the shop (you get a free double espresso with the purchase of any bag of coffee). The gibraltar was on point, with a syrupy and rich mouthfeel. Makes me realize how far I have to go to git gud at cawfee. It went great with the brioche.

*20g dry -> 41g wet

Calling everything you don't like a meme is the ultimate meme

Ended running out of coffee and all the little store near me had was this.
Shit was fucking rancid, I wonder if I just got a bad bag because even the beans just straight up smelled awful.

It's normally pretty mellow. Probably mostly Brazillian or Colombian, medium roast. Not too bad, comparable with McDonalds, who is now also selling roast coffee in bags.

>doing laundry, decide I want a treat
>start weighing out a saturday afternoon cup; kettle firing up
>bean jar looks about half, which means I should have enough til next weekend
>dump the 25g into grinder
>think I better check just in case
>dump what's in the bean jar onto scale
>110g
>panic
>no one is shipping tonight or tomorrow
>not buying grocery store beans
>dump beans from grinder back into jar
>have enough to cover me until thursday
>get online and order beans. should be here wednesday
>make a giant mug of english breakfast tea
>crisis averted

The average person on reddit is too stupid to contact whatever theirs countries department of labor is called and make a complaint about completely illegal shit. Who would have guessed.

>muh fast food job sucked!
Gee, no way! What a unique experience!

That's basically a dirty matcha

A D D I C T

>whatever their countries department of labor is called and make a complaint
>2017 US dept. of labor
>lmao, good luck goy!

Yes.
Tried vanilla chai the other day. It was really lovely.

6/10 mug girl, not worth collecting, sorry

>talking shit about Akari
Sounds like somebody is a complete plen.

>I mean one that actually grinds beans before brewing
never have I stepped foot in such a place. I hope I never will

Sorry this is not open for discussion.

I wasn't discussing anything. I was merely stating a fact.

Its impossible to hate her.

It's a fairly common tactic with some managers to "fire" someone who's causing trouble, then offer them their job back a day or two later. It's supposed to scare them into doing what they're supposed to do without robbing them of their livelihood or blemishing their resume with a dismissal. I've done this with a few of my employees. Most of them were kids working their first job that started losing focus on their work or were getting caught up with some older, shittier employees.

Normally go twice a week - when I work from home and for weekend brunch. They roast their own coffee and have a house espresso and regular changing guest espresso. Not the cheapest, but not really much more expensive than the next best chain.

200degs.com

This morning. Went around the corner for a cold brew. It's about 40 Celsius today, so a hot coffee simply wasn't going to happen. Great coffee here in Australia.

What's the verdict on Moka pots?
Good? Bullshit?
Usable on an electric stove?

kys

I have one. Not sure if I'm using it correctly though. I've been told you have to keep it on a low flame for the coffee to brew slowly. But I've also been told once it brews, to not to keep it on the flame because it'll burn the coffee. I'm not sure whether to take the pot off the stove the moment the coffee starts coming up, or wait until it stops brewing. But it takes a good 30 seconds for the coffee to come up all the way.

I use a small Pedrini moka pot that I bought from Home Goods for $8.99. Not sure how different it is from Bialetti

They're fine, I prefer my French press though. Yes you can use them on an electric stove.