How do you prepare your oats, user?

How do you prepare your oats, user?
I've always wanted to try it for breakfast, it looks healthy and delicious, but I have no idea how to prepare it.

>dump packet into bowl
>cover oats with water
>put it in the microwave for how long the packet says
wa la

heat water on stove
add water to bowl with oats, stir
top with cinnamon

I follow the directions on the back of the tub. I like to boil them in milk with a little salt, cinnamon, raisins and a cut up apple. I'll mix in a little brown sugar at the end and portion out leftovers for breakfast later in the week.

Thats sounds almost too easy. Don't know what I expected.
Guess I'll have to experiment with other ingredients too! Yoghurt, bananas, chocolate sounds pretty good.
Thanks anons.

1.5 cups water, 0.5 cups oats, pinch of salt
Simmer until thick enough to your liking

Why are you all using water? Use milk instead

I tried using bananas and they became very bitter when I boiled them with the oats. I would recommend not cooking them at all and adding them as a topping. Also be careful if you use milk to keep your heat as low as possible otherwise you'll burn it

*scalds your pot*

Hi from Veeky Forums

When I want them warm I do something like this.

I do overnight oats as my lunch for protein fuel.

>1 cup whole oats
>1 cup almond milk (vanilla for taste)
>1 scoop protein isolate
>1 tbsp chia seeds
>1 tbsp flax seeds
>1 tbsp hemp seeds
>1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
>1 pinch of salt
>1 small banana
>3 tbsp greek yogurt (no fat, unflavored)

Mix the dry, add the peanut butter, add the almond milk, and mix till combined and let sit overnight. Cut up the banana and add the yogurt when serving.

I do a week's batch on the weekend and portion it out for each day.

>no activated almonds
>no homemade coconut
>no raw water
Try again sweetie

>Using isolate that only works for a couple of hours for breakfast

Hmm sounds good, thanks user. Will definitely try the seeds.

You dont.
>put in bowl
>pour in milk
>top with some milo or sugar
bone apple teeth

What about eating it for lunch do you not understand?

Ahh my bad.

>Thats sounds almost too easy. Don't know what I expected.
Oats are VERY easy to cook, and very quick as well, if you get rolled or the quick cook kind. Non-quick cook steel cut oats take longer to cook (up to 30 min) but some people really like the smoother creamier texture. I'd suggest you stay away from the ones in the pre-flavored packets, since those will contain extra crap that you don't want or need.
As you have seen in this thread toppings can be pretty much anything, and you can get different results depending on whether you add in the extras when your oats are cooking or add them to the oats when they are done.

Cup of oats + 2 cups of milk

Medium heat,leave it on the pan then go get changed and prepare for the day

Come back in 10-15 minutes. Stir it and prepare my coffee.

Usually it's done by then. I chop up a banana and mix it in with the oats with a spoon of honey.

This is my breakfast probably 5 days of the week. Banana porridge with a cappuccino. My digestive system works like a Japanese train station.

2:1 water:rolled oats ratio
Large bowl that isn't going to boil over
10 minutes on 5 heat setting in ~1000w microwave
When done add pinch of salt, stevia (deal with it), cinnamon, cut up banana and a spoon of natural peanut butter. Add a splash of cold milk.

instant oats are for children

instant oats are for people with jobs

>"I have a job you CHILD therefore I have totally lost control of all mental faculties which involve planning"
I bet you'd eat shit too if it were hot and available in the morning. Maybe you should invest in a goat you fucking mongrel.

OATS POWER RANKINGS

>unstabilized oats
>>steel cut oats
>>>
>rolled oats
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>undigested grains in cow poop
>>>
>instant

boil water in kettle
add ⅓ cup unstabilized oats into pot
pinch of salt
cover with milk (approx ⅓ cup)
pour in boiling water (approx 2 cups)
simmer on medium low for 10-15 mins stirring occasionally

Always eaten with at least one banana. Other toppings include berries, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts or brazil nuts, vanilla extract or proton powder.
I did the steel cut thing for several years but I always prefered the textrure of rolled and would often combine the two. Unstabilized is more practical and works.
I don't bother soaking with an acid medium to remove the phytic acid because I get more than enought iron, zinc and magnesium form other foods.

I'm not trying to boost my estrogen.

>unstabilized oats
Really activates my oats

Are you me?
Also,
What's the difference between having it on max power vs 5? I usually go for 2:30 on max and let it sit.

Pour (real) fruit juice on it
Put fruit on it
Wait a few minutes
Done

Sambal paste and fish sauce with a fried egg on top. It's basically rice, use it as such. I cook congee with oats.

Oh are you the Veeky Forums guy talking about overnight oats in my thread? I'll have to give that a shot

Put porridge in billy can with salt and pour over boiling water.

Let sit for 10min then serve with butter and brown sugar.

I add frozen blueberries or raspberries

Add greek yoghurt in a bowl of different fruits of your choice, i'll often go with mango, banana or melon with blueberry. Put the oatmeal on top and mix it up.

Additionally you can add some crueslis and / or honey.

pic somewhat related

>unsweetened almond milk
>1 banana
>oats
>spoon of peanut butter

>blend