Take a look at wiki article on Watership Down

>take a look at wiki article on Watership Down
>there's a section titled "Criticism of gender roles"

>Talking about the Iliad at dinner with sister who's in college
>She immediately brings up gender roles
>in a 2700 year old epic
>Brings up Aenid because she was in Italy
>Uses it justify African migration b/c Italy is a country of immigrants(lmao)

This board is really lost to the right babbies isn't it

>someone said something icky I disagree with
>must be from the right

>no right wing politics in thread
>"muh right wingers taking over the board"
get your paranoid delusions in check, lad.

>I don't like talking about a thing
>nobody should talk about it
goddammit I hate this fucking board. You fuckers really have no intellectual integrity at all, do you?

More like leftwing activists are so out of touch with reality that they see nazi everywhere.

inb4 complete thread fallout

Jesus Christ....

>t. nazi that sees leftwing activists everywhere

It always amazes me how feminism and gender ideology- really just one ideology/theory out of thousands- is taken seriously by everyone and is considered important enough to gets a mention everywhere.

How did they do it?
It's not like anyone actually takes it seriously, only institutions and lawmakers. I bet even they roll their eyes about it, but still follow through. What a weird phenomenon.

Thank god

Yeah and? It's a fucking book. Criticism of even the most paltry work is near inexhaustible. Maybe you could find something interesting in the way the author's rabbits differ in their gender expression when compared to actual rabbits.

>no you

That's not what they say. The problem is this: it is fine to criticize a society for its treatment of women, but it has no direct relation to literature. A book can be bad because the prose style is shit, the theme stale, or the plot poorly constructed. But 'gender roles in this book are so fucked up' is no valid literary critique. It is tiring to see these themes come up everywhere.

Well it affects half the population and gender roles have had different values to different cultures throughout history. A woman in the middle kingdom of Egypt had a different set of roles than a 1950's American housewife. The roles either gender takes is a symbolic representation of a culture's values and ethics. It's useful to at least understand the gender roles in a piece of literature as it gives more subtext to the work. It's not like people are digging very far to realize that men and women are represented differently in different works.

God forbid someone talking about his or her interests, especially if it's about a depiction of ancient gender roles. That's no-no territory.

I'm getting real triggered just thinking about it.

>take a look at a wiki article on a butterfly (Vanessa atalanta)
>etymology
>Atalanta is a figure in Greek mythology, a strong yet feminine woman who faces obstacles and backlash for refusing to follow gender norms

>But 'gender roles in this book are so fucked up' is no valid literary critique.
Yeah, I understand that, but denying the fact that gender roles has an impact on literature is false. It's such an intricate, prevalent part of life that it can't be ignored. Saying people shouldn't talk about it because "muh feminism" is retarded. It's the same as people throwing rocks at astrologists for saying the earth revolved around the sun. It's different, so it pisses people off.

If you don't like talking about it, it's fine, but saying that people looking at old things with a new perspective is wrong isn't right. That's literally what progress is. And honestly, the more I hear about it, the more pissed off I get. Yeah, some people are assholes and crazy about it, but that's a vocal minority.

It's the social climate and that's always going to influence what people do at the time. Maybe it's not what people want to hear, but swinging hard right isn't a reasonable fucking answer to anything.

Yeah but maybe not have it be the first thing you adress about an ancient greek poem.

>>I don't like talking about a thing
>>nobody should talk about it
Can you try harder. If you immediately view classics (one of them the most ancient western story ever) through an anachronistic lens of critical gender study, you deserve to be criticized

>u r

fuckin luv bugs man i think thats the only cartoon i can support for pics

You should probably go back to plebbit where leftshits reign supreme and ban all the wrongthink

Bugs... Get some carrots in you

based r/kekstani teens

With pseudointellectualist dogma on the rise everyone thinks it's okay to pollute literature with their mediocre, regurgitated opinions because technically it's """philosophy""".