Chinese Food

What are your very favorite Chinese food dishes?

I'm trying to fit all my calories onto one plate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m7R4vJOnPAQ
seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/04/soup-dumplings-xiao-long-bao-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've only ever had "Chinese food," not actual Chinese food, but I love General Tso's, sesame chicken, orange chicken/beef, hot and sour soup, wonton soup, beef teriyaki, Hunan chicken.

I hope thats not a sea roach on your plate..

>can of Soy
>concern for calories

you are...a gay man.

Water boiled beef. One of my favourite foods ever. It's a bit spicy but the eat is incredibly tender and flavourful.
youtu.be/m7R4vJOnPAQ

This is not a concern for calories, but an utter disregard for them.

Yeo's soy milk is the shit. And I got laid this past Wednesday.

>Still trying to force this unfunny meme

Boiled with water. Who knew.

Ma po tofu

but most places probs dont carry it. Shit is #2tyte

Actually it's one of the few Sichuan dishes I see even on the menus of American chinese restaurants occasionally

Siomai

To me the orange chicken from panda express is where its at. Orange chicken that actually tastes like oranges makes me wanna heave. Also i dont really care for much else at panda express apart from maybe potstickers.

It's hard to find Chinese food (american style) that tastes or smells like it did as a kid in the 80s. Chinese food was freakin delicious back then. Not many places replicate that taste or smell anymore. Chinese food used to have a unique smell back then I can't explain it, maybe a mix of the Wok Hay or oil.

Why no more good chinese food?

Also favorite dish, potstickers.

Singapore Mei fun. I see you know the secret, OP.

>orange chicken from Panda Express

Seriously? It would seem like it would be some overly sweet, HFC-laden sauce.

Get you that honey walnut shrimp.

>Panda shitspress

It's hit or miss with the Panda Express Orange chicken. Every single time I've had it before, it tastes like pure sugar; like they just made the sauce with boiled down orange soda. One recently came to my city and I gave it one more shot, and it was actually pretty decent. Guess it just depends where you get it.

>most common and often-ruined Szechuan dish
how's the air traffic today?

if you want a real Chinese dish, try to find a place that serves "宫保鸡丁".

No if you really want the true Chinese experience you need to get 美味的我的肚子里的狗 or 糖醋屋顶兔子.

DAS IT MANE

this

it's the same with many dishes unfortunately. It's as if as the years go by the quality becomes shit. I remember as a kid chinese food was the shit. now most places sell faggity ads bland rice with sugar coated meats that fucking suck

panda express is for fucking faggots. nothing tastes good in that shithole. why would you waste money in that fucking dump called chinese food?

I like the sweetifre chicken. But I found a better local Chinese place and I don't go to panda any more. Still miss the sweetfire though :(

t. blogger

char siu

hot and sour soup
general tso
crispy beef
hakka noodle

No u

Cantonese fried rice.

Fried dumplings, especially beef or lamb.
Sichuan/Chongqing style hot pot, with beef lard, sichuan pepper and chillies
Dan dan mian -- noodles with a minced meat sauce, simple and delicious
Hot dry mian -- noodles with a sesame paste sauce, delicious but less satisfying than dan dan mian, which is king
Qingjiao rou si -- Wiry thin strips of soy-sauce marinated lean pork and hot green chillies cooked plainly with salt. Somehow delicious.
Chinese bbq, especially mutton, sheep kidney, and sometimes beef
Malatang -- Originally from Sichuan but most popular and delicious in Beijing. Just lots of vegetables, tofu and processed meat things boiled together and covered in chili sauce, sesame paste, vinegar, etc. Feels good to eat it.
Black stewed duck -- Cold duck that has been stewed for a long time in a rich broth to give it a dark colour and the most extreme 'numb' flavour ever.
Meicai braised pork belly -- Some kind of weird stewed vegetable (mustard greens?) with stewed fatty pork belly slices. Looks terrible, but the meat can be the most delicious pork in existence.
Red braised pork belly -- Pieces of pork belly cooked with sugar and soy sauce to make them salty and sweet. A definite contender for best pork dish.
Pork belly with potato -- Similar to the one above but minus sugar and plus potato chunks. Very satisfying.
Leek explosion mutton -- Mutton cooked with leeks. This shows the simple goodness of Chinese cooking, where two ingredients perfectly match make a great dish, in contrast to the more complex, crazier dishes.
Roast fish -- Not a huge fan of Chinese fish dishes considering how they're cooked whole which can be a pain but when it's a big fish with easy to avoid bones, it's easier to appreciate. A large fish, like a bass or catfish, is roasted til the skin is golden and crisp, then it's submerged in spicy, oily soup, to which you can choose to add vegetables, etc.
Water braised beef -- As the guy above said, shit is cash. Paris has some good ones, strangely.

Also need to add:
Beijing roast duck
Tang bao
Mao xue wang

Tiger penis soup

>don't like Chinese food
>only thing that is remotely passable is ginger beef
>family ordering Chinese food as is tradition during gathering
>ask for extra ginger beef
>the place we ordered from has some soft soggy ginger beef
>hardly any flavor
>try some of everything else
>don't like any of it

Next year I am going to go rogue and order some Thai or Indian.

Well maybe at the places where you guys live but around here it's the usual orange chicken, General Tso's etc.

If you go Thai make sure to try Spicy Chilli Beef Basil, or Pad Gra Pow

>
>>Still trying to force this unfunny meme
T. Soylet

>I'm trying to fit all my calories onto one plate.
If you're talking about daily calories then you shouldn't go with Chinese as you'll just be hungry again thirty minutes later.

What's wrong with sea roaches? They are delicious.

So you went full traditional up in this bitch.

>Chinese makes you hungry 30 min later

I've literally never understood this normie meme. I could barely finish the plate, and I took a nap between eating it because I was so full. And then I was stuffed into the wee hours of the morning.

This and salt & pepper shrimp are maybe the most underrated Chinese dishes out there.

that lo mein on the bottom looks taaaaaasty

I always assume these fools fill up on rice. That will have you hungry an hour or two later.

fuck this thread made me hungry for chinese. I'm gonna order some for dinner, what should i get for the main course (i'm gonna get some crab rangoon on the side). I want a tasty noodle dish not named lo mein or singapore noodles which is what i normally get and like. (no pad thai)

crab rangoons are a favorite, same with spicy beef and brocolli.
Sadly my last rangoon orders from my local place were all cream cheese and not much else.

fuck noodles
here's what you do: Beef fried rice and egg rolls. Split the eggroll lengthwise and scoop out all the gay cabbage shit and refill with fried rice. Pour some soy sauce in them and eat like some ancient chinese king

Man I want some shrimp on a stick

NO NIGGER FRIED RICE IS GOOD BUT I WANT NOODLES, GIVE ME NOODLES NIGGER

Tfw your bulimic and hit up the local Chinese buffet

roast duck
mic drop.

>binge on pizza
>hit up local chinese buffet
>vomit in the food trays
I do this too

Crab Rangoon is my pregnancy craving food. And bro Singapore noodles are patrician as fuck, trust your gut. Literally my 2 favorite things.

Maybe it was the MSG

I went to Shanghai and a few surrounding areas 3 years ago. I still dream about the xiaolongbao (soup dumplings) and the shengjianbao (kind of like a pan-fried, slightly doughier version of xiaolongbao) I had there. Like, fuck. They were both so incredible. I also had this tofu dish that was like a roasted tofu skin with a reduced slightly sweetened soy and vinegar sauce. I have no idea what it was but I drink about it to this day.

Mapo doufu is also delicious.

Sergeant Major Tso’s Chicken

>xiaolongbao

Is this what you call "soupy dumplings"? You know, the ones with the twisty hole on top where you can suck the juices from and scald your mouth with deliciousness? I rarely see these at dim sum/high quality cuisine Chinese spots.

On that note, does anyone know of a dish that I've only seen at one place that's since closed: crispy beef? It was a nice sit down, cloth table restaurant. The texture was unbelievable.

yep, xaiolongbao are "shanghai soup dumplings." it's a pork mince with spices and some gelatinous soup that, when steamed, turns into a delicious scalding amazingness.

protip: place a soup dumpling in a dumpling spoon. pierce it with a chopstick to let the liquid out, let it cool a sec and then slurp that shit down cause it's amazing. then dip your spoon (with dumpling in it) into a little dip of soy vinegar sauce, and eat the rest of it in one bite.

Might've been tangbao. Tangbao have a soft, unfermented dough, just like a dumpling, whereas xiaolongbao have fermented dough like a baozi. Tangbao are way better imqho

After watching this I am pleased to see that my style of cooking meaty saucy foods like this which I thought was half-assed and full of corner cutting (using bouillon powder, velveting, boiling the meat in low heated oily water as opposed to just deep frying in 100% oil) is in fact authentically similar to the way of a Chinese master.

Then he dropped those huge ladles of oil afterward and I died of a heart attack right then and there.

crispy beef is easy to make. You should just google it. It's mainly beef cut into strips then air dried then rolled in corn starch. Deep fry the fuckers then toss in your asian sauce of choice.

Did he creampie you or pull out?

gimme dat beef chow fun and summa dat char siu. and some fuckin duck, nigga. and the chinese broccolis with oyster sauce

what do i say if i want to order that but don't speak receipt printer

I had some pork kidney stir fry from a place that had two menus. The first menu was the american Chinese menu and the other was the Chinese Chinese menu. Said fuck it and went for the interesting shit.

The stir fry was really nice. Packed a lot of wallop but that's what I was paying for. I think the next time I go there I will order the cold dish of pork maws. Those are supposed to be the hottest things on the menu.

2x Spicy is the ultimate pleb filter

That looks really unappetizing as far as Chinese food is concerned. My shitty local Chinese buffet has more appetizing "chinese" food.

>Drinking canned soy milk with Chinese food

How much cock do you suck on a daily basis?

That sounds amazing, do you happen to have any recipes available?

Crispy beef is common in Chinese places in the UK, so I've emulated it a few times. is pretty on point. Worth knocking up your own soy/rice vinegar/honey/chili paste sauce.

I've never made them myself, but you can't go wrong with a good KLA recipe: seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/04/soup-dumplings-xiao-long-bao-recipe.html

I do have a couple of chicken carcasses in the freezer I could use for the stock. I'll look into it in a week or two, thank you.

Nice, good luck! Make a post if it turns out well!

Tofu and eggplant in garlic sauce with rice is the shit.

Sure thing, it's been some time since I exposed myself to being hated on here and it might be a nice change from doing the hating myself.

I laughed. It's always good to expose yourself to unfounded vitriolic hatred from anonymous strangers on the internet after experimenting with a new food recipe.

enjoy your sea roach

If anyone cares, I just messaged my Chinese friend and found out the tofu thing I ate wasn't actually tofu, it was something called Hong Shao Kao Fu (红烧烤麸) which is a wheat gluten based dish. I'm going to try to find some place in NYC that makes it (shouldn't be too hard).

the use shitty syscofoods for the ingredients. find one that gets all their stuff from a real chinese supplier

what the hell are we looking at here

Egg Fu Yung is way up on my list. So is My Shu, and a lot of Sichuan dishes like chili pigs ear, spicy cumin lamb, Sichuan dumplings, and shredded pork and pickle vegetable soup.

I'd agree, this shit is the best. I'm also a big fan of Egg foo young.

Chinese pixel stew

If you want killer Xiao long bao go to Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao in Flushing. Totally worth the trip. They have 4 different kinds: traditional, seafood, winter melon, and chocolate.

Oh man, Flushing has some of the best actual Chinese food I've ever had outside of China. I'm pretty far away in Brooklyn, though, so I rarely make it out there. Thanks for the rec, though, I'll make a trip to Queens and give it a try!

offal fried and stewed with so many mouth-numbing ingredients that you can't taste anything

i live in south florida and have access to two decent chinkies and maybe one nip fusion restaurant. is this meme worth falling for? i always see it on the menus and it's always on Veeky Forums. not a big tofu fan at all the only times i've ever had it are when other people cook it or buy it for me, i've never purchased it on my own
thanks for reading my faggy blog

fuck off slut

mongolian chicken. pretty easy to make and tastes great

>Meicai braised pork belly -- Some kind of weird stewed vegetable (mustard greens?) with stewed fatty pork belly slices. Looks terrible, but the meat can be the most delicious pork in existence.
this is the next level shit son
gonna add xinjiang style cumin lamb to your list

don't order ma po from generic american chinese takeouts

Some people care about their health amerimutt.

My go-to order at any cheap Americanized Chinese place is
>Pepper steak, no tomato
>fried rice
>spring roll, hot mustard for dipping

I loved hicken kung pao and porm meat on onions at my local chinese restaurant, it was so good...

And then one day i went there for lunch and usual and the doors were locked with an A4 taped to them... it said "Closed by the department of health"
SO i looked it up online where the health inspectors posted pictures and i will never set a foot into another chinese restaurant ever again.
Fucking rotten meat used for cooking, mouse droppings in the meat, meat stored on the GROUND. Floors and tables covered in dirt,grease, dust and more mouse shit.
They opened again one day later (after cleaning up) and clueless cuck costumers flocked there since they didn't know.
And this is the overall theme with chink restaurants, like 9/10 do not pass a health inspection when it happens.
So no more chinese food for this guy.

>hicken kung pao and porm meat

sounds exotic

welcome to america, your dining choices are filthy but tasty or applebees / olive garden tier bullshit

Chinese food in Australia is expensive as fuck

>Pay for entree
>Pay for dish
>Pay for rice
>$74.50

Really? In Auckland it's by far the cheapest high quality restaurant meal you can get. There are expensive places, but pic related is quite typical, and extremely good.
around 10-$15 for hand pulled noodle & meat or rice dish if you're by yourself. For a group it's like; (BIG fucking portions)

12$ for 20 pork & chive dumpings, steamed or fried
$4 for spring onion pancake
$15 for pork belly in brown sauce
$16 for sizzling beef
$16 for deep fried squid
$12 for stir fried bok choi with garlic
$14 for mapo tofu
$8 for cucumber salad
maybe $10 on rice
byo
free tea

That's less than $110 and enough food to absolutely feast with 4-5 people. That's not a shitty place either, that's like, some of the best Chinese food, food period, that you can get. I have eaten a lot in china as well. I guess if you get a tonne of chinks in a city shouldn't this stuff automatically be available to you? Chinks don't fuck around dude. I thought you had a tonne of them in sydney, melbourne etc?

Like yeah, in rural shitholes here its expensive/ absolute garbage too.

Maybe if you're a flyover

You Aussies are a trip.

There's some dishes on there I don't see too often.