Useless degrees vs. STEM

How does this make you feel, Veeky Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=ByYgkNryCS8

The Military exists and will continue to for the coming decades, as does teacher's college. Society will always need more teachers to teach children "useless" information. Many "useless" degrees can also be used as stepping stones for further education in Law, Politics or business, which pay more and share a higher status than STEMfags who will be of no use in 20 years.

a STEM degree isn't automatically useful. Take it from someone who has them.

Most college grads in general haven't really studied hard and really don't know much of anything about their chosen field.

It's all about the individual, I know lots of people with worthless degrees who really busted their asses and had a game plan since day one, then executed it. And I know people with great degrees who are working in cell phone booths.

Your first question with any degree is: What do you want to do with it?

if you don't have an answer to that, then I wouldn't suggest college in the first place. The days of just having a college degree magically making your life better are over.

Any brainlet can do STEM if they put in the effort.

I got a degree in Philosophy
I'm currently going into a graduate degree in Computer Science

In five years time I'll probably be in the same position as any STEM major but I'll have the security of a foundation of Philosophic knowledge and considerations while they're neurotic messes looking for meaning in pointless rabbit holes

quads

about to finish one myself. can you really go into computer science? i guess my formal logic course was pretty close.

i was also thinking of law. pretty versatile degree though desu.

jokes on you op one of my roommates works at starbucks part time and he basically plays video games, smokes weed, and fucks chicks all day.

op wishes he could live the barista lifestyle, but your dad made you do stem and now you have to waste your life in a cubicle, sad, but try not to get too resentful.

how did you deal with all the math requirements? i did a humanities undergrad, and my school made me do some basic calc and stats but thats not going to cut it at mscs level probably, that said i already work as a programmer so i probably don't need it, actually thinking about doing an mba so i don't get age discriminated into the poor house when i hit 40, sv is all about "diversity" as long as you're not old, lel.

>can you really go into computer science?

Yeah totally, its not going to be a thorough CS degree but its a year where I'll be studying specific modules towards program developement and will get a work placement. Its pretty sweet transition from just having a meme degree worth toilet paper.

>how did you deal with all the math requirements?
Guess my high school maths was enough for the moment. From my own experience in programming I doubt I'll ever come across anything that wouldn't be understood after googling a bit. Its not an MSC though to be clear though it can lead to one.

>he will design fridges for a living for the rest of his life
lmaoing at your life

all degrees are useless read up on 'permaculture' stockpile guns and ammunition. seek fertile land in the southern hemisphere. search the book of revelations for coded messages.

education is a meme.

yeah the basics are fundamental to mastering something, but nothing beats practice and on-field activity. I didn't use 95% of what I was explained when I started working, it was mostly finding solutions on the internet and asking the seniors (TI support for big company)
Now with the internet there's no excuse to be a retard.

>IT support

Yeah no wonder you didn't need an education you're a glorified mook

bumperoo

nice

I have a master's degree in business management, a Master of Science in Finance with a thesis in econometrics.

Yet, I would love to do a Ph.D in philosophy or go back to uni and do math and some philosophy of science.

Don't listen to STEM spergs like OP who will soon discover they got cucked by indian boys on H1B when they don't have 160 IQ.

Check that, STEM fags

MBAs are literally meme degrees, about as worthwhile as gender studies

It's not an MBA degree. MBA stands for Master in Business Administration.

Learn your acronyms, brainlet.

I'm not telling you to major in thoroughly debunked shit like philosophy or english, but be aware that STEM is NOT a goddamn golden ticket. Job market saturation is a thing. Happens to every profession.

>t. unemployed I.T. fag retraining for webdev

Its all the same juss b urself tier ideology being sold as science

Hey buddy, delete this post please.

good thread.

>t. unemployed I.T. fag retraining for webdev

Going from one meme field to another

Everything is a meme at this point

Difference is development is expanding and IT is shrinking.

The only thing that matters in life is getting a secure respectable job. Something you can't get with a liberal arts degree

You can get a secure, respectable job with any or even no degree. It's called nepotism.

While you're sperging out about what to major in, Chad and Stacy meet friends of friends at weddings, birthdays, and other occasions to land careers without even writing a cover letter.

You can pretend otherwise, but know that any job you land based on merit will be lost to an H1B or younger applicant who is willing to work for much less than you.

And this is why the Jews need to be exterminated