Al/ck/

Fond Farewell to a Friend edition

currently on beer 18 since 10 hours ago. 6 days sober before that. if i stop after tonight there will be no withdrawals. no guarantee, is there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EAc0Z8rCT4E
youtu.be/3kaUvGSLMew
youtu.be/NBE-uBgtINg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like beer, but can't drink it fast enough to feel good. I'm pretty much straight vodka when not in social (kek) situations.

All it takes for me is one night of drinking and the fear explodes back onto the scene. I drank again to counter that, and have just woken to day 3 of a relapse, puking, shaking and waiting for 8am to hurry the hell up.
I don’t quite want to die, but I’m not sure why any more. The life of an alchie is utter shit.

Do you have a job? Just curious

you get bad enough as an alkie it stops being about fun. im doing beer to maintain control on my life.

i hate to imagine being where you are, but i know it is coming. each withdrawal gets worse.

The more experience with women I got, the more misogynistic I became. And the more misogynistic I became, the more women liked me. Why?

>tfw drinking whiskey for the first time in like 4 years

This is a lot better than I remember. Maybe because it's decent bourbon and not cheap Irish whiskey, but still.

Women are cute and cuddly looking because they're not so on the inside

Theyre ok until they get preg and give birth. Then they turn into sexless nags who break your balls over and over and over.

Been rewatching Mad Men lads
What do you guys like to watch when you drink?

Hitler speeches

>"I'm an alcoholic!"
>only drinks beer

watched Trailer Park Boys a few times. Before that I watched The Perfect Storm and Blade Runner. Usually just shitpost.

Read a few posts down you stupid cunt. I have spent four days in bed sweating and kicking the sheets, many times. Dont waste a good Costanza pic on your dumb shitpost.

New or old Blade Runner? If new, did you like it?

Usually cooking shows, but last night I watched Onibaba and I enjoyed it, but it freaked me the fuck out. I might have to watch more horror movies when I drink

Watched the original many times. I have only seen the new one, once. I loved it. I am looking forward to watching it again just to take in the beautiful scenes. The colors and shapes are phenomenal. Agree or?

i like to drink an old fashioned when watching mad men. makes me feel like im worth something

My man. Agree, wholeheartedly. Really enjoyed both the old and new ones.

What other horror movies have you seen? Only reason I ask is Onibaba isn't really a mainstream horror film so I'm just curious as to what else you've seen
Drinking anything while watching this wonderful show makes me feel at ease. And you're worth something lad

I never said anything about fun. I just can't drink beer quick enough to keep up the level of intoxication I need no to feel like shit. I've always loved beer, but really started with gin, and then moved onto bourbon and scotch. Eventually I realized that I can't afford to drink decent whiskey, and vodka gives me the least hangover (not that I really get those anymore - or maybe I'm perpetually hungover, but some days have alcohol poisoning).

>taking Vivitrol for taper
>don't enjoy alcohol anymore
>don't enjoy videogames
>don't enjoy music now
Welp.

I watch this man eat and review military MRE videos. He's the Bob Ross of MRE's.

It causes Anhedonia. Because it covers your endorphin and opiate receptors in the brain.

That's the main side-effect. I take the drug myself. You need to understand that its a give and take situation. Pro and con. Be grateful you arent sucking dick for steele reserve.

ayyyy, I know this youtube channel lol
patrician taste, user

I've watched a lot, but British folk horror and Italian giallo are some of my favorites, along with the super-eerie Japanese horror films like Pulse and Kwaidan. I like a menacing, crushing sense of dread in my horror films.

I think Night of the Hunter will forever be the scariest film I've ever seen.

>sucking dick for steele reserve
I'll take my blessing.

Are you completely sober or only 'control' drinking atm? Any tips to feel motivated to carry out activities you used to enjoy?

Not the dude you're replying to but I'm currently control drinking at 2-3 beers/night, similar to what my parents did when they got married, although they did beer and hard liquor and they're healthy as horses.
As for feeling motivated to do activities you used to enjoy, just don't do them while you drink. Get some exercise during the day in one way or another. Do your hobby(ies) during the day and not while you're drinking. If you need to, force yourself to do these things. It'll help.

What on Netflix is gud for drunk watching? Was thinking about Anthony Bourdain kino

Not really. I make a little money online. Minimal bills, food, booze and the occasional pc bit is all I spend money on.

Yeah it’s noticeably worse every time. I’m ruined.
No fucks given right now though, as it’s 8.04am and as such I’m downing K ciders.

Ye, Anthony Bourdain.
You could watch some Frasier, Chef & My Fridge, Trailer Park Boys, Andy Griffith
To be honest, just get a 4tb hdd and torrent whatever you want

‘As if I am not there’ is a good film. Just skip to... ‘that scene’ and rewatch it for an hour.

Cliffs?

Eh?

R.I.P silhouettes. Guess it’s time to move on.

i drink about 2 nights per week. dont take the meds when i want to drink the next day. as far as tips to feel motivated, get on an anti-depressant like lexapro or something.

Cryptos? I’m genuine curious about a way to stay afloat online. My expenses are minimal. ~1500 a month. ~1750 if I stay drunk

Yeah among other things. Get an account on poloniex and daytrade, the money being pumped into cryptos is outrageous, won’t be long before it hits 1 trillion invested.

Seen Trailer Park. Is Frasier really that good? What's Chef and My Fridge about?

Thanks.

leftists cant meme version 233424321234

Help

This what I drink about every 3 days... been drinking like this since 08.. but had a 6 month AA sobriety in between... How fucked am i? I don't even care.. I just have abdominal discomfort and need to take the risk of going to doctor...

me too man

beer taper. cut back.

I thoroughly enjoy Frasier. I've rewatched it over and over again. Chef and My Fridge is a weird Japanese show regarding special guests and food. It's interesting. I didn't really describe it well on purpose. If you like japanese shows at all, you should check it out.

What's wrong lad?

Oh, I forgot to mention Terrace House. It's an under the radar japanese reality show. Very cute stuff.

Puking, pain, diarrhoea, no sleep, relentless anxiety, it’s too much

How much are you currently drinking m8

About 400ml/day. Not too savage, but it’s still wrecking my shit

you absolute madman, here, that's a Friday.

For the love of god tell me it's pints or least 500ml tins of a decent percentage that your drinking?

If I were you I'd have a few tomorrow as well

You're right lol, not too savage but it certainly isn't great.
I'm basically gonna tell you the same shit that anyone else here would. If you feel like you can't cut down and taper, seek rehab/help. If you feel like you're going to die, seek rehab/help. If you feel like you can do it, work on tapering. Hard liquor is weird, at least in my experience, but you'd need to switch over to something less abrasive--this being beer. If you're into craft shit and have the money, go for high abv in small amounts to start with--it's expensive but it works for tapering, at least in my experience. If you can't, you're looking into tapering with a decent amount of mediocre fairly low abv beer. I'd guess you haven't been gaining weight with the amount you've been drinking, so you can deal with the beer.
After you make the official switch to beer for a little bit, you can figure your way out on tapering down based on how comfortable you are with it. Just focus on getting away from it though. Start trying to get outside and walk, run, bike, lift, just do something to physically wear you out and keep working on slowing lowering the amount of beer you're drinking.
You might also consider kratom when you get down around this point, although that's a bit of a different thing but it also does help.
Godspeed to you, lad. There's nothing wrong with getting down to a point of a few beers/night either.

youtu.be/EAc0Z8rCT4E

Thanks. What I really want though is a magic button I can push which makes everything ok, is that so much to ask? Sheesh.
I actually don’t feel so bad now. Morning drinks have begun to hit nicely. This is as close to a feelgood button as exists. Fuck it, works for now.

Don't we all want the button though. It is too much to ask.
If you're honestly sick of the shit, which it sounds like you were, don't fog yourself in the morning with a shot or drink of whatever liquor is around. Kratom at least helped me stave off the shakes/sweats during the day and just allowed me to keep drinking to a nightly thing because sleep, even if it's shit sleep, is more or less important. And then from there it's progress.
It's up to you though, man.

STOP pathologizing drinking

Here in Tbilisi we drink non stop out of custom and we're happy

И я тoжe пьян, мoй дpyг
Drinking is not the problem, it is the solution

On wine bottle #6 ATM. Not drinking tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be hell but at least then I can make it through work on Monday.
Tomorrow will not be fun at all. I'm scared already.

Haven't had a day with less than two bottles of wine in at least 6 months.

Oh withdrawals how much I hate you.

Farewell to a friend indeed.
My wife's cousin was staying with us
and ending up killing himself shortly after moving out.
He texted me about 1-2 days before it saying he was thinking of killing himself, and had displayed suicidal thoughts for a while.
I still have his fucking hat at my house and keep it by the front door.
He was a chill dude.
Damn this makes me sad.
I still have that fucking hat and I didnt realise it was his until I saw this picture.
I have been wearing it absent mindedly thinking it was just something i drunkenly dragged in.

>implying drinking doesn’t cause any problems
thanks for your wonderful insight

youtu.be/3kaUvGSLMew

Rip

I work 6 days a week and need to be functional.

I don't like linkin park but ill listen
listening now.
rip chester thought

Rip in peace, hat-user

though*

Hat-user is gnomebro btw

Damnit why didnt I help him?
I was too fucked up to be able to text him back
or call him
I just replied something like 'well dont kill yourself lol'
It still hurts when I see his hat.

Some people can never be happy. I'm sorry you lost a friend but he also lost his suffering

youtu.be/NBE-uBgtINg

That makes sense, he had a lot of suffering.
I am glad he is at peace now.

>Some people can never be happy.
Det finns människor som saknar alla anlag för lycka och som känner det med pinsam, obeveklig klarhet. Sådana människor strävar inte efter lycka utan efter att få lite form och stil på sin olycka.

get out you suomi

I am the Ethiopiacuck. Speak English

Yep, his message to you was a cry for help. He didn't want to do it really but his head was obviously fucked and you made him feel that truly no one gave a shit.

Nice one retard, his death and all the sadness it has brought to others is because of you

Malt liquor and The Mars Volta. Weird night

lol whatever, he would have done it regardless. he was popular and had a thousand other people to vent to.
He was going to kill himself no matter what.
He made this clear that he was suicidal for the entire 8-10 months he lived with me.
I hate that he did it but if a man makes up their mind there is no stopping him.
I just prolonged the inevitable/

Why is Anthony Bourdain ao comfy?

You're a piece of shit. Pathetic excuse for a human. You're fucking nothing.

You're a gnome
I can tell.

Anyways, you gnomefucker, do you actually have an argument or is it nothing but attacks on my character?

New goal gf

>I might have to watch more horror movies when I drink
I can't watch horror movies since I had withdrawals induced nightmares.

Ignore the trolls. If you answer them, it means they win.
Sorry for your loss.

>tfw wife is 5-6 inches shorter than you and thicc but chubby.
>tfw you will never have a girl for snu-snu,

Why
I hate even bringing up my fetishes to my wife.
She is okay with my bodyhair fetish and goes very natural for me
But I cant tell her to get a foot taller and muscular and dominate me.
Fuck
I want snu-snu

thanks man, I forget not to feed the trolls sometimes.

>someone said something negative to me that means they're a troll

>thinking everything has to be an argument
Different user here - I, too, agree have committed a grievous flaunting infinite shitbaggery and faggotry. You ain't worth shit on a shoe. Went from feelsbadman to lol, hurr durr who cares in 0.2 sec like some retarded attention whore taking selfies with his dead gran for likes.

Yall are funny.
we are al/cks of course we aint worth shit,
And you wojak poster are the dumbest of all.
pepe and wojak posters should be nailed to the cross.

>no you're dumb
>no you're shit
Oh, fuck, you got me, scumbag.

Tehee, nice posts memelord. How honerable to be shitposting in a fucking al/ck/ threads of all things.

>I'm a worthless piece of shit because I post in al/ck not because I'm factually a pile of shit who uses dead people for attention. But you're the asshole now.
The one shitposting is you, famalam. You're human trash. Stop trying to blame the alcohol for shit character. Plenty of guys in al/ck threads are chill and have basic decency.
>honerable
Wtf does ck have to do with honor? Please tell me you are shitfaced.

Why do reditors constantly say things like

>hurrr this is a cooking board
>duuuurrr this is an al/ck/ thread

Yes, everyone is aware of where they are, retard. You faggots try the hardest to fit in but you stick out like sore thumbs

I have never been on reddt a day in my life.
I have been on this stupid ass website since 2007
It is impossible to leave.
Also redditors calling people redditors is funny,

OH fuck I saw
FOND FAREWELL TO A FRIEND EDITION
and didnt realise they ment quitting booze.
I thought they meant a friend died.
whoops my bad.

>huuurrrr I am le epic old fag

Ok bye now retard

fuck off

Why do are you a meme-spouting faggot?
Can you communicate in something that isnt memes?

look at this meme-spoutin fag