Postmodernism Is the Cancer of the Spirit

This is what literature will look like in 10 years if the ongoing wave of savage, brute postmodernism is not halted by an opposite, equally bruttish wave.

Other urls found in this thread:

thezog.info/list-summaries/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limit-experience
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hi Lewis Powell.

I literally see no problem with this.

Suicide

What are other's opinions on how this excerpt represents postmodernism?

>Audrey Hepburn

I see you're a man of culture as well

Vonnegut got there years ago. As long as it is utilized in saying something, I think a grotesque passage is permitted.

I am fully aware of this. But the thing is, we're right now witnessing a shift towards 'edgy' (unironical use of the word) media and literature in general. This edginess aims to make things as 'extreme' (extreme is variant depending on the context) as possible even at the cost of meaning and constitution.

This sounds retarded, dude.

I think he's right, but we've been going down this road for a long time. Jews have also been the main people pushing these boundaries of degeneracy in our society as part of the permanent revolution they wage against the Other wherever they are.

>Game of Thrones
>Postmodern

wew

This is beauty compared to the coprophagia in Gravity's Rainbow.

this isn't even postmodernism you fucking pleb

>Jews
Fucking dropped, express your opinion next times without bringing up the memes.

Pretty sure there is plenty vulgarity in modernist lit...

Meme? That's all life is to you isn't it, you cave dweller. Too cut off from reality to have any real knowledge or perspective about the world, poor kid.

That isn't postmodern and the most vulgar and obscene writing has always been modernist.

yeah man there's like no great books being written anymore, none at all.

Nu-Modern is going to make it all better

What about GRRM's writing is postmodernist?

Yes, that is cringeworthy, yet you aren't proposing a cure, but another contagion?

How does a description of some woman shitting equal postmodernism?
You do realize that sick people do sometimes shit their guts out in reality, right? It's not some academic construct.

It really is impossible to discuss modernism and post-modernist thought without taking into account overwhelming jewish influence. You are just denying reality to say otherwise.

Jews have more influence on modern man's mind than any other racial group on this planet. Again, this is just a fact; this is just the situation. It only becomes subjective when you say, "I don't like this," or, "I like this," or, "Lol, who cares?" but that their influence is supreme you cannot deny.

thezog.info/list-summaries/

Everything modern is cancer. I despise it. It zaps soul out of people.

I hadn't seen a cousin for weeks and was looking forward to seeing him. I was just wanting to talk with him, connect, and instead he just watches the jew (television), some total cancer on Comedy Central. I asked him politely to mute it or turn it off, and encountered a brute reaction against me. I said how I never get to see him and want to connect with him, not a TV which separates us. He said nothing, so I left. I much prefer my own company or the occasional connection you find on chans than to subject myself to the poisons of modernity.

Anyone else know these feels?

The 'spirit' is the cancer of Western philosophy, idiot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limit-experience

>overwhelming jewish influence.

Admit it, you fantasize about penetrating Allen Ginsberg.

>bruttish
I like my waves to have a high sugar content and slightly dry too.

This is the truth.

This is the sick jewish mind.

Know the difference.

Why do you people even post here? Just to bug others? Why does that make you feel good?

Maybe your cousin just doesn't like you

>he thinks GRRM is postmodern
>probably thinks DFW isn't
who let the shortbus in?

I agree but without the moronic antisemitism. I know plenty of Jews who are idiots who aren't actively attempting to eradicate the nude Aryan body. The fact that Jews over-represent Hollywood is more unfortunate for them than for anyone else.

Among the bourgeoisie, Italians are just as prevalent and I don't see you cunts grousing about wops and bologna.

>Why do you people even post here?

To confound the human tinnitus of polyps that appear in every thread.

wow

wow guys Dont Burn YoUR eyes on this guys common sen se r e ply to the ~** unironic jew hater**~

I've lived in India for over 5 years and made many Israel friends there (it is a right of passage for Israelis to go to India and smoke marijuana after their army service). Anyone with a brain knows that not every jew is responsible.

When you say "the jew," what is meant more is the collective influence of what they are doing, their collective energy and culture they force on gentiles. The modern world is a jewish world, influenced primarily from jewish minds, pure and simple.This does not make what I said "moronic." I'd say more that you have not delved much into the JQ.

Aka you're an ass that doesn't know how to speak with people civilly.

This is simply you not understanding the jewish question or how they think. No one cares about your personal experiences with jews because your experiences do not represent any kind of larger picture. Keep out of these types of discussions until you are better informed please.

Are you denying that jews have the most influence on culture, aka on the minds of the masses in the United States of America? That is basically all I am saying. You have offered nothing that convinces me that I should stay out of such discussions of modern cancer, which though you may not like it, can aptly be described as "jewish cancer," "talmudic cancer," or just "cancer," I suppose.

While I think there is a lot of merit in just attacking modernity for what it is, an affront against human decency, I don't think we will get anywhere unless the culprits are named.

No, and I meant to reply to who you replied to. My apologies. We are in agreement on the JQ.

Oh hey, you're that crazy guy who constantly spams Culture of Critique on Veeky Forums.
Will you ever appear in a thread without pulling out some variant of "Keep out of these types of discussions until you are better informed please"? These rhetorical tricks get so old.

I do not spam the Culture of Critique and actually rarely bring it up. Oh hey, you must be one of those paranoid jewish posters who tries to speech police on lit. You must be a very sad man.

You assume I'm Jewish just cause I'm calling you out, and you're calling ME paranoid? Oh boy.

I'd say if you're going to spam something, Culture of Critique is probably the greatest thing you could spam.

Yeah, I am calling you paranoid because you're trying to pretend you recognize me by something I don't even do. This makes you look really pathetic, you know that, right?

One of you spams CoC here all the time. I don't really care which exact one of you is doing it. Whichever one it is, is the one I am addressing.

Well, have you read it?

Not him, but he's probably reading canon, like a non-loser.

Not him, but most of us real non-losers have too. You're just behind.

>most of us
ochi alex

It takes a very competent individual to be able to understand how complex systems and the various institutions that make them function work. Same for understanding the nuances of human difference and many other topics. The redpilled individual is someone who has the key to understanding those things. You're still sludging through Dubliners. There's no comparison between the two points of view here.

I've always thought the process of the redpill was child's play in understanding how things work, that anyone with a basic-level IQ should be able to put it together.

1. You believe the world is not doing well.
2. Thus you should study power, those who have the most influence on minds.
3. This invariably leads to the jews.

Anyways, I'm less naive now, and no longer underestimate human retardation.

>he can't read greek
>he doesn't get the joke
>he expects us to believe he read Joyce's references back to greek and understood them
it's not my fault you can't in2 multilevel punning in greek about both sparta and edginess. i think you should leave forever before you keep having these embarrassing monolingual moments.

I think to understand the jewish problem in any kind of depth requires a lot of work and study, as well as a certain type of independence of mind, though the chans and the internet in general do help to kind of streamline the basic points into people. And that's a good thing.

does this nigga really have so little greek he doesn't know yes/no?

apparently. it's american hours so, you know, drop the bar on education to "might not shit himself"

This is nothing
There is no literary movement more disgusting than brazilian modernism

The 90s were way edgier than now, my dude. Nu-metal, Howard Stern, Jerry Springer, Stone Cold Steve Austin etc.

It will be. Terry Goodkind is far-right and the Gen Z Alt-Right make him look like fucking Ghandi. That's the next generation.

>polyphony
>subversion
>empowered margins
>subjective truth
>etc.

It is pomo, just set in a fantasy world.

haha upvote

>Game of Thrones
>postmodernism

just fuck off back to pol already

Everybody around me is absorbed in their own little media world all the time. I feel lonelier than ever, especially since I don't care about current pop culture.

How is a description of a woman defecating postmodernism?

OP is not a smart man.

He didn't wanna talk to you because you're a faggot.

lol

See . How isn't it postmodern, you pseud?

Very few people actually are into """pop culture""", whatever the fuck that is You are a presumptuous cocksucker, that's why they ignore you.

Nice rebuttal.

You do realise that genre fic can be postmodern, right? That genres can blend? That various modes can be used? Have you ever read Dick? Gibson?

>Game of Thrones is postmodernist
If only Veeky Forumsizens actually read as much as they shit posted.

>polyphony
nigger fucking arabian nights would be post-modern by that definition

No, it wouldn't. You study Laurence Sterne in many Postmodernist courses, but that doesn't make him Postmodernist. You do it because his writing shows early signs of what is fundamentally Postmodern today, sort of as an introduction.

Polyphony and Bakhtin's ideas in general are staple when it comes to Postmodernism.

By that definition the Decameron is postmodernist you fucking retard

You now realize the Epic of Gyrugamesh is the only thing you shouls be allowed to read.

See , you mong.

Postmodernist elements can be found in fantasy fiction. Maybe you wouldn't sell it as as postmodernist novel, but the elements of postmodernism are still there. You can find many elements in Game of Thrones as you would in for example Julian Barnes, who is probably the best known Postmodernist in England today.

Don't be a nitpicking pseud.

Also, to add to this: you have a shit load of sci-fi elements in Gulliver's Travels, in Lucian for fuck's sake, who writes about wars between the moon and the sun kings. Does that make those pieces sci-fi novels or stories? No. But are there elements of sci-fi in it? Yes, absolutely.

Game of thrones shows no post-modernist elements that can't be found in Shakespeare, and in fact lacks several key hallmarks of post-modernist writing, such as harsh breaks in narration or unreliability.
You are creating a vague definition of post-modernist literature most likely gathered from reading a wikipedia article about a dumb slav, just so you can lump every modern novel you don't like under the "evil" guise of post-modernism.
>Does that make those pieces sci-fi novels or stories?
Yes, actually. Gulliver's travels is often classified under proto-science fiction, as with Lucian.
So by your definition, Arabian nights would be at least proto-post-modern, if not completely post-modern.

>reactionary fucks posing as """intellectuals""" unironically believe depictions of gross poopy stuff is what postmodernism is about

you don't even know your enemy

Umberto_eco_urfascism.jpeg

>trying to imply there is anything wrong with being reactionary.

This is the most pathetic psyops ever conducted on political discussion in lit.

Are you this buttmad that the crime Dynasty of Clinton-Bush that spanned 36 years couldn't continue? Oh, no, those reactionary Americans! How evil and stupid they are!

Did you vote Trump?

Yes.

it's not nitpicking your whole argument is bad

How is that any worse than J*yce?

is there anything more hypocritical than this? what the fuck is wrong with a character shitting? if you really wanted make a point maybe you could use the shit eating from Gravity's Rainbow. this is neither excessive nor appealing to postmodernism. it's just someone with the runs. oh no degeneracy!!! fucking jews trying to convince white women and children that poo comes out of butt!!!!

>campaigns against degeneracy
>spends all day on Veeky Forums posting scatalogical toads
stay in your containment board hypocrite

t. right winger