Why does Veeky Forums hate him?

Why does Veeky Forums hate him?

Other urls found in this thread:

adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2006IJAsB...5...13W
agenciasinc.es/en/News/Antarctic-fungi-survive-Martian-conditions-on-the-International-Space-Station
youtu.be/cvMlUepVgbA
youtu.be/jXeVgEs4sOo
youtube.com/watch?v=UO1kCeCXuZY
cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/kent-csi/vol44no4/html/v44i4a07p_0021.htm)
youtube.com/watch?v=51PK6Hvaddg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because fun is 'degenerate'. We are too busy right wing virtue-signalling.

Sad

>fun is 'degenerate'
Couldn't put it better myself.

Not wanting to experience everything life has to offer is the pleb sign

I serve God as a virtuous paragon of the Good, unlike kikes, women and niggers and liberals who engage in degenerate material hedonistic joy, like the filthy animals they are, while I have transcended such subversive Satanism and have become Good through the Lord's love.

While psilocybin-based mushrooms as alien satellite probes is a fun idea - the kind of fun one might have while playing in a neurochemical wonderland one's self, however, anyone who think this is a brilliant and incisive discovery has taken one too many spins on the merry-go-round.

Would they have been friends?

Because he plays around.

He's in the odd position of people taking his thoughts of very seriously, but him really just shooting shit like 'hey isn't this a neato idea' besides a few central tenets.

I like him, but because of this attitude he's never going to be super important to me.

adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2006IJAsB...5...13W
>A number of studies have demonstrated that bacteria and fungi are present in the stratosphere. Since the tropopause is generally regarded as a barrier to the upward movement of particles it is difficult to see how such microorganisms can reach heights above 17 km.
agenciasinc.es/en/News/Antarctic-fungi-survive-Martian-conditions-on-the-International-Space-Station
>European scientists have gathered tiny fungi that take shelter in Antarctic rocks and sent them to the International Space Station. After 18 months on board in conditions similar to those on Mars, more than 60% of their cells remained intact, with stable DNA.

Friendly reminder that PKD was right

youtu.be/cvMlUepVgbA
youtu.be/jXeVgEs4sOo

I fail to see whats wrong with that

Weird, I was just thinking about him. It's impossible to not see that McKenna was bright. I think the people around here dislike him because he is a reminder of how smart you can be without being correct. One of the scariest realizations I've come to in my life is that depth is possible without clarity.

>Weird, I was just thinking about him
McKenna's views on i-ching confirmed real

>Jewennce McKenna

He predicted meme-magick in his "endless ideas" talk

There is literally nothing more pleb than accepting another person's ideology part and parcel.

/lit is not one person. Drugs are fascinating and McKenna is a mystic poet of the modern age.

the dude was smart but hurt his cause by ranting about how the world was going to end in 2012. i guess his rants probably helped it short term (while he was alive) by luring in all the weirdo hippie chicks who are into prognosticators, but looking back on things from 2017 i wonder what he would think about timewave theory now.

he was spot-on about the internet, though.

>the dude was smart but hurt his cause by ranting about how the world was going to end in 2012. i guess his rants probably helped it short term
It was clearly a deliberate ruse on his part to make money off of public speaking gigs. If you listen to his talks about it he makes it obvious he doesn't have much faith in the idea being verified as true on that specific date. The closest thing to an argument he makes defending it is to claim that mainstream scientists implicitly believe in magical nonsense given the inexplicable happenstance of the big bang so it's OK for him to do deliberately invoke magical nonsense with an eschaton. He also makes a point of saying that it could be a totally different date other than 2012 and that it'd be OK because his basic idea would still be true.

He was eternally butt blasted because his brother told him to stop being an evangelic mystic.

His brother is kind of a dick considering he started going around making public appearances where he repeatedly points out that Terence had a bad mushroom trip and stopped taking psilocybin, essentially taking the opportunity to call him a fraud and a coward now that he's dead and won't get angry with him for doing so.

Your religion says you shouldn't hate people. You hate people. You're a shitty christian, God hates you and this is clearly bait because nobody can actually be this stupid and a shitty, awful bad person and human being

>where he repeatedly points out that Terence had a bad mushroom trip and stopped taking psilocybin
Nice misinfo shit lord.
McKenna stopped taking mushrooms, especially nothing close to a heroic dose, and only took chemical pscilocybin in measurable dosages.
McKenna was intellectually dishonest with his fan base, that was the realization that shook him to the core, and his brother also was trying to get him to own up to it.
He was a mystic and nothing more, he refused to actually implement any message he taught into his own life. When asked about this McKenna said: "My message is my message and my life is a mess." Let that sink in.

>McKenna was intellectually dishonest with his fan base

that's a unfair statement, you can hear his agnosticism towards his own personal project all the time in his talks

to say he was a complete charlatan ignores that he was one of the public figures who had an actual background in the ethnobotanical field (famously in the Amazaon before it became trendy, and at one point he even was smuggling opium in Asia or something) and responsible for getting otherwise stoners into looking into the actual chemical and cultural backgrounds of the substances he promoted, in contrast to the Leary "tune in drop out lol" message

in one of them he claimed to be hired something like the CIA for propaganda purposes, any other info on this?

>misinfo
How is that misinfo?
>only took chemical pscilocybin in measurable dosages
What the fuck is "chemical psilocybin?" Do you mean DMT?

If I recall, he was dodging the CIA and said he was a propagandist for the mushroom god. He said this jokingly.
I've consumed all I can on him and his work and I have found random internet people claiming the CIA got to him, but I find no evidence of him saying so.
But I'm super interested if it is so.
Can you clarify what you heard?

the active ingredient in the mushrooms, extracted.

youtube.com/watch?v=UO1kCeCXuZY

this was at Esalen, which also had supposed CIA connections

"And certainly when I reached La Chorerra in 1971 I had a price on my head by the FBI, I was running out of money, I was at the end of my rope. And then "~They~" recruited me and said, “you know, with a mouth like yours there’s a place for you in our organization”. And I’ve worked in deep background positions about which the less said the better. And then about 15 years ago they shifted me into public relations and I’ve been there to the present"

Who is "They"?
FBI?
Was he not taking about the intelligence of the drugs asking him to promote drugs?
Or FBI saying "make us look good to druggies"?

lol the video is asking my question as I watch

I don't.

>that's a unfair statement

McKenna advocated that sugar was one of the ultimate dominator's in the natural world, akin to heroin just more subtle and easier to integrate into society. McKenna also said that one should eat what ever one is craving "even if it's a damned snickers." "The body knows what the body wants!" Hardly a consistent stance. Or how about his constant tearing down of traditional values? While trying, and failing, to maintain a traditional marriage. Again, point me to a case of his message being anything more than verbal diarrhea. He doesn't walk the walk.

>McKenna and The CIA
This has a lot of different theories, origins, and endings. Most prominent is that he was a psi op sent after the youth of America, attracting intellectual minds and pushing them towards life of drug usage, especially psychedelics. The CIA has a now delete file called "LSD 25, Some Unpsychedelic Implications" some what implying dangers not told by our govt. (cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/kent-csi/vol44no4/html/v44i4a07p_0021.htm)

Here's the rabbit trail for you to go down from fellow mystic Graham Hancock "Look into the work of Jan Irvin as he has exposed McKenna's connection to the CIA and Esalen Institute where mind control was on the agenda.
McKenna is a cia propagandist (his words)
I love listening to Terence
But what are we to make of Jan irvins revelation that he was employed in deep background public relations for the CIA?"

This is completely fucking unrelated to the CIA shit you quacks.
He was an international hashish smuggler known by the FBI.
CIA is later. Maybe wait for me to actually respond because im not monitoring this thread. I've been, sadly, into and researching McKenna for years and now I know a bunch of a useless shit about a dishonest quack.

Jan Irvin doesn't point out any other connections than the usual Esalen institute and the infamous McKenna "They" quote I posted, and the usual Huxley-lineage New Age conspiracy spiel

the connection seems a bit deeper than a usual propaganda job, and the difference between "the mushroom intelligence contacted me" and "the FBI hired me" might not be as simple as that binary

It's a conspiracy I don't subscribe to. It's been parroted from places like bluelight all the way to McKenna's own website.

youtube.com/watch?v=51PK6Hvaddg

Dennis McKenna clarifies at 20:11 what was going on at La Cherrerra in 1971 after eating mushrooms all day for over a week

I used to be into his stuff when I was a goofy highschooler tripping on drugs all the time, feeling like I was 'penetrating into the truth of existence, maaaan' by altering my mind.

Then I hit the ground (depression and withdrawals), got back up and found that I had spent several years of my life in a fog of teenage angst and confusion from all the drugs.

Finally saw guys like McKenna for what they were; people who daydream too much while high and start to think like they have the secret sauce. And gullible young people + fellow druggies eat it right up.

>idiot fries his brain as a kid and blames people who were better at doing drugs than him

Cringe alert.

>Withdrawals from psychedelics
Nigga who are you trying to fool?
You either took amphetamines or opiates.

No blame, just a shift in perspective. Others are entitled to their perspective of course.

But let me ask you this; You take pseudo-scientific theories of apocalypse, stoned ape evolution and panpsychism, that are not founded in anything else but some random dude's drug trips, seriously? And I am an 'idiot with a fried brain' for cleaning myself up, going to academia and concerning myself with things living up to research standards?

amphs, opis, shrooms, acid, weed, mdma, anything I could get my hands on. I was scatter-brained for several years after.

First of all, I recommend you to strenghten your critical thinking skills and dabble a bit in biology and evolution. Fungi are not separate from the common bulk of Earth's life; they share the same standard genetic code, and their evolution can be traced back hundreds of millions of years in the past. They are NOT of extraterrestrial origin, and the fact that some extremophile species can be found in the stratosphere or survive in microgravity and Mars-like conditions is in no way related.