Memes aside

what about Stirner that makes him so popular on Veeky Forums?

he was initially a forced meme
he's a good writer for a philosopher (or he reads that way in translation)
he pissed marx off
he's political but not left or right; rather above so that appeals to people here that find a lot of what passes for politics retarded
he's fairly obscure
he only wrote one book so you can know him easily
he was drawn in caricature by engels so we have a historically-derived meme all ready to go
these are all the reasons i can think of now

One of the easiest philosophers to think you understand without having to read anything by him
ie spook posting

How does anything become popular? A lot of people know about the meme, that is what makes something popular, that is having a lot of people know about the meme.

This

is he really popular here anymore? he's really fallen off in recent years. this is literally the only stirner thread all week, but I remember when there were like a dozen spook threads a day.

Try using statistical inference to extrapolate the answer.

this thread is spoopy

Literally because he has a funny cartoon drawing literally

did you mean that literally or figuratively?

He's a real life human breathing living being living breathing being mankind really real not a cartoon like you say but a human being breathing soul bearing living man who has feelings and breathes in air and exhales carbon molecules attached to other things that make compounds and likes things possibly like being alive and living as a human with other breathing mammal humans who have teats with milk that he can drink with his little mouthy and sneeze out the milk when too much milk goes into him which makes him sneeze like the human breathing biped feathered mammal that the man is dammit

lmao he ain't living an breathing no more nigga

You forgot he's also the most contrarian individual it's feasibly possible to find.

he's been popular for a while but I think we ruined him. your pic very much related. fuck, do people even know what an actual "spook" is?

The comic's a good introduction to Sterner for newbies. I'd use it in a lecture.

he's the troll of the philosophy world; his work is pretty much mocking the very principles of philosophical thought and the manner in which conclusions are reached for within it.

You put memes aside because he's all meme.

Because everyone here is a fucking retard incapable of anything resembling thinking, so they think using the word "spook" instead of "social construct" means that they're redpilled.

Read Stirner, it's not "social construct". Unless you mean that's how retards who've never read him use it, in which case you're right.

There are several virtues in social constructs. Pretty sure spooks means the 7 sins or whatnot

I love Stirner. I honestly think he's one of the best philosophers I've ever read BUT I fucking hate stirnerfags. I hate them so so much. Nothing stifles a discussion better than some piece of shit pulling out a 'NICE SPOOKS NERD'. I really wish he wasn't a meme. Then again if he wasn't a meme I may have never read him.

I sent my fag cousin a clip that said "spooked" once and he and his minions of undergrad age plebs that are invading this board ran with it thinking I was talking about Stirner. I've never read him. This is the most honest-to-god answer you're going to get.