Read/expected/got bread:

Read/expected/got bread:
Don't it take it seriously edition.

i don't have any but bump

Just made this

This slayed me

It's been a while. I don't remember what "and but so" is supposed to be - DFW writing quirk I'm desensitized to?
Also, South Park = Mario puppet show?

I'm absolutely laughing my ass off at the absurdity of this image. Anyone with even the faintest knowledge of history would know that the "corn" that Caesar speaks of in Commentaries On The Gallic War is not the corn that we in the west are familiar with, but is rather a poor translation for the word "grain" which in Latin is "Frumentum"

Myself and many others who have read the commentaries would know what you're trying to refer to with your image but it's wrong. Unless of course you were already aware of this and you are posting this ironically. In which case I commend you for your post but it's still blatantly wrong. I would have gone with a collage of images of wheat instead.

7/10

This guy is mad

The Gaddis ones are good.

You fucking newfag

Tlön/10

excellent
fuck off to reddit, newfaggot

Borges/Borges

>new england architecture
Fucking spot on, dude can't shut the fuck up about buildings

Satanic trips

Absolutely this. I came in thinking it was going to be like the Communist Manifesto but with a more scathing attack of Capitalism. Instead I got a fucking economics textbook.

Fucking Americans, hopeless.

Jesus Christ user you didn't have to kill me this late

accurate

Oh god I'm dying.

LOL, Why did you think that? The Communist Manifesto was a pleb book made to be very easy to read because it was intended to the working class people. Capital was were he really tried to explain his theory.

I keked

>rose-fingered Dawn
>wine-dark sea
I don't get the rest

kekd

Still a great book though.

>old testament

Not even once friendo

where can I buy this desu

>refusal to marry
>generosity to guests
Half the book feels like a study of greek hosting customs

I understand the rest, but what does the dress reference?

after they kill the old man he goes to get the black box and sees his ghost. his ghost tells him this page long story about how air has color and the color of air your born in matters for some reason and that he was given a yellow gown every year as a present and if you wear all the gowns on top of each other you could determine your life expectancy to the exact date

Jesus Christ, this is so fucking true. Most overrated book ever.

fucking great

taking it seriously:

I was surprised by how different it was from Swann's Way (which, with "Swann in Love", had a Seinfeld-esque feel to it). Obviously, the "little band" weren't exactly cripple girls (besides maybe Andree), but it was a harem centered around a mostly sick, slightly Veeky Forums guy.

To potential readers, you may hear that Vol 2 of In Search of Lost Time (Within a Budding Grove or In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower) is interested in politics -- that's not exactly true, or at least not the way I'd phrase it. It's interested in the "politics" of social circles, which you also see in Vol 1 in Swann in Love but with more lucidity and clear examples (including a cool tie to the past) in Vol 2.

im going to post this shit, my shit again

allele

JR or the Recognitions first anons? I haven't read any of this memelord yet but this board had convinced me to give him a try.

Typical "Marxist"

someone made this into infinitely zooming gif please

oc

thank for the serious opinion added, i have been considering starting this once i finish a couple more books in my currently being read pile and your comment has turned that to a definite yes

Super accurate

OC

This fucking book, 10/10, pure genious
Best think I've read all year and is under 150 pages
I will never be able to recover from those emotions

*thing

Both are great. I prefer JR over The Recognitions, but both are master works. You can't go wrong with any of them.

We don't deserve Juan Rulfo.
t. Mexican

hahaha good meme bro xD

This is fuckin brilliant

If you know about economy this book is annoy.

I had to make my own version

>tips turban
KEK

The fucking picture of the guy with his hand on his head, kek

Holy the recognitions is difficult off the hop. Perhaps more difficult than Ulysses was my first time around. So much going on. Sentences with a hundred thousand subclauses unfurl and wind and require rereading regularly and the ideas they express or stories they tell or cryptically allude to, before you quite get a handle on them abruptly stop.

>when you don't judge a book by its cover