On Christianity and its faithfuls (mostly about white american men)

So, guys, Saturday Night's alright for fighting.
What gives to Christians the right to hate? I've seen lots of Christians on this board. Some of them are cool lads I'd hang out with, and look like pretty reasonable persons. Most of them are disgusting manlets who unironically use the word "degenerate" while priding themselves of their love of God.
So, I don't want to discuss faith, I want to discuss people, especially hideous people. Don't you know you can't hate? Don't you know God hates you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mxAARIAXFgI
youtu.be/WTUGadddOq0
youtu.be/1Y_CUd6DYlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump because I'm sure it's going to be great

If this really dies I'll put it back on later because I think I definitely chose the wrong time. I think there could seriously be a nice discussion about this.

>I think there could seriously be a nice discussion about this.
I doubt it, since your post is predicated on a hostile premise that Christians would reject.

Give examples of Christian hate?
The vast majority of people saying that they're Christians aren't really Christians at all and have just donned the title 'Christian' in order to justify and legitimise their bigotry.
>Most of them are disgusting manlets who unironically use the word "degenerate" while priding themselves of their love of God
Nothing about being a Christian magically stops you from being a hypocrite. And referring to sinful people and sinful behaviour as 'degeneracy' or degenerates, whilst offensive, is hardly as bad of a sin as killing unborn children or committing sodomy, at least in terms of it's effect on other people.
>I want to discuss people, especially hideous people. Don't you know you can't hate? Don't you know God hates you?
?
Are you implying that somebody being 'hideous' is evidence that God hates them? Or that they are 'hateful' Christians because they're ugly?
Please don't disappoint me user.

Christians are just brainlets who still haven't finished thinking through the traumatic event of the Death of God in western philosophy. I sympathize because it really is a traumatic event and requires the re-examination of the entire western tradition, particularly morality. But to avoid this and keep trying to resuscitate a fake pre-modern philosophy is just dishonest. Christianity has pretty much zero influence on contemporary social problems, global capitalism, politics etc. It's finished its (very useful, let's be honest) service to western thinking and good parts have been appropriated by modernists.
I'm really sorry, but it's over guys.

Christianity has become a thing for the r9kpol losers for obvious reasons. I guess a lot use it to troll as well

Whether Christianity provides a service to our civilization is completely irrelevant to Christianity. If anything, the previous state of affairs is an aberration and not indicative of universal Christian experience.

Ironically the best defenders of the Christian legacy today are communists such as Badiou and Žižek. They seriously tackle this question, what remains of Christianity that is central to the emancipatory project? Most apologetics that this board likes are written by tiresome reactionaries who don't offer anything substantial to overcome modernity.

I wanted the point of this discussion to be in fact the hypocricy which is so common especially among Catholic Christians (mostly because it's the most popular religion, not because of the religion itself, let's make it clear).
> And referring to sinful people and sinful behaviour as 'degeneracy' or degenerates, whilst offensive, is hardly as bad of a sin as killing unborn children or committing sodomy
I think the fact here about "degeneracy" is much more important, because it means these people are putting a barrier between them in the name of a religion that doesn't even say it, yet they believe it does. Also, I agree abortion is a complicated issue, but what against sodomy?
> Are you implying that somebody being 'hideous' is evidence that God hates them? Or that they are 'hateful' Christians because they're ugly?
No, no wait. I'm saying that the same God they suppose they're worshipping should be actually very disappointed of their actions. Also I meant that since every person needs to believe in something, so even "atheists" must have some axiom to believe with all their heart, faith should be a reason of joy and motivation, not of hate and denial of life.

I wouldn't call it "aberration", since it was a very useful service. Yet it's true that the service Christianity provided to the West (even if it had too its big falls, like crusades, inquisition, witch hunt and denial of science) doesn't come straight from the original ideology but only from the way people who believed in it applied it. There's no part in the Bible nor in the Gospels that says "Thou shalt preserve ancient latin and greek texts"

What I meant by aberration is that 1.) it is contrary to what Christians are told to expect from the world, i.e. hatred and persecution, and 2.) it is not indicative of the persecution suffered by Christians throughout the world at all periods of history. A culturally ascendant Christianity isn't a normative thing.

Nice trips, but no matter how you spin it churches are still the biggest contributors to charity in the US. And as we all know it's not for tax purposes. I think anything that not only promotes goodwill, but also puts it to practice, is useful and beneficial for society. That a couple of fanatics like to push their own agendas in the mix to cause trouble is far outweighed by that.

Daily reminder that de Maistre is the most spicy author of the 19th century, pic related

>What gives to Christians the right to hate?
The right w.r.t. Christianity? Nothing, they shouldn't.
>Most of them are disgusting manlets who unironically use the word "degenerate"
It seems like some on this board have come to use "degenerate" in place of "sinful" due to /pol/ influence perhaps. Regardless, neither should be used to belittle or insult people, of course.
>while priding themselves of their love of God.
A misreading of 1 Cor 1:31 may be to blame. In short, the only thing one should boast of is God and His greatness and His love for us. Not anything we've done, including our love for Him.
>Don't you know God hates you?
Not true. God loves everyone, Christians and non-Christians alike, regardless of how much they hate.

>I'm saying that the same God they suppose they're worshipping should be actually very disappointed of their actions.
He is disappointed in man's sin, as evidenced through his actions in the books of the OT. But he's also understanding. ALL men sin, it is only by His Grace that anyone can receive salvation.
>even "atheists" must have some axiom to believe with all their heart, faith should be a reason of joy and motivation, not of hate and denial of life
Agreed~

>On Christianity and its faithfuls (mostly about white american men)
White American men make a very small portion of the world's Christian population, you Americentric pig!

Catholic Christians in real life? Or "Catholic Christians" online? I also don't think Catholics are really responsible for whatever behaviour you think is egregious. Membership within Apostolic churches tends to require a certain amount of commitment. I'd wager that most of the deus vult shitposting comes from Protestants or unreligious self-styled Western chauvinists.

You seem pretty mixed up. Your specific focus on White Americans implies a distaste for Protestantism, yet you single out Catholics. You don't seem well-versed on the topics you're touching on. I don't hold it against you, but the conversation you are trying to start would go a long way if you learned a little about the actual ideas first.
Then again, baiting people with aggressive, mildly misinformed OPs is a good way to get flooded with information from incredulous faggots like me desperate to "correct" you.

You're right, but I'm beginning to think that somewhat of a fanatic lies hidden in many people. You recognize it at certain points in a discussion. I'm not saying that anyonr who is a Christian is an illogical autistic (since I think that faith can't exist with a logical explaination like the one many philosophers tried to give).

I'm a fanatical traditionalist Aquinas reading de Maistre loving Catholic ama

I realised I come off as shitting on Protestants in this post. Not intentional partisanship on my part. But Protestantism has more of an assocation with the cultural mores you dislike OP. Maybe because of, or related to some flaw in Protestantism itself, but also simply because English-speaking Americans are more likely to have Protestant faith and upbringing.

tl;dr Luther is luiterally Hitler

Most of the /pol/ "Christians" are reactionaries trying to slow globalism and the perceived decline off the western world. They cling to the past as a means of ensuring its continued future, but the truth is, they don't really understand the past and what Christianity means.

> Your specific focus on White Americans implies a distaste for Protestantism, yet you single out Catholics
You're right, that was a mistake I made. The fact is that I see some kind of diffused feeling of superiority in Christians, especially white american males. I come from a Chatolic background who has often showed the same kind of traits, hence my mistake

>waaaaaaa why are Christians such haters waaaaaaaaa

You are the hater. You hate Christians. You hate Christianity. You hate Christ. You hate reason. You hate nature. You hate truth. You hate goodness. You hate God.

Woe unto you, Pharisee.

There is a lapse in logic when it comes to faith, but that's essentially faith. Taking trust in something you don't understand. If there was truly something omnipotent and omniscient, how much could humans comprehend of it besides basic truths? And even then how well could they comprehend those? Many Christians realize this, at least from my experiences. People don't ascribe that much time, money, and effort into anything without thinking more than just surface level about it, unless they're just trying to keep up appearances (and admittedly a lot are, but it's still a monitory).

Again, it's not in all Christians, I have nothing against Christians at all. But there's a part that acts with a certain attitude of superiority, and use their beliefs as a means to justify their bad attitude.

Is that pic a real thing?

People like to take pride in things. Self-awareness of a particular real or perceived moral strength can give rise to an even more potent, delicious kind of pride. Or maybe some just grow up with it ingrained, a sort of taken-for-granted highness.

I won't try to deny a lot of Christians are probably like this. Probably not just the "bad Christians" with shit-eating faces and nagging mothers and bad faith that we make out of straw to concentrate the bad traits onto. Even some of the best fall prey to it, or likely have.

I wish I were still a Christian, because it has a very cunning grasp on human nature, and very poignant ironies. The fact that so many apparent Christians fail to uphold even the simplest, most importnat and most obvious directives and values of the faith makes a very nice portrait of Man's supposedly fallen nature, and of the Devil's unceasing unholy work of undermining the "righteous".

Yes. Pastor Anderson is an amazing preacher. Ready your pearls for clutching.

youtu.be/mxAARIAXFgI

Oh fuck off.

youtu.be/WTUGadddOq0

He's a holocaust denier and his methods of preaching serve no purpose other than stoking his self righteousness, I don't understand how any Christian could listen to him.

God is a white man.

What point did you think you were making? Humility is a Christian virtue, regardless of whether or not the ideal of humility is abused or whatever.

youtu.be/1Y_CUd6DYlo

My point is you were abusing it. HYPOCRITE.

Well uh, I was defending Christianity and Christians. If you'll allow me to speculate, a particular problem you have is that you've been hypnotised into havnig knee-jerk reactions to anything that appears to be fitting into a particular category of "things I dislike hearing come out of people's mouths". It's not a wholly bad mechanism, but your over-exposure to a highly righteous echochamber, and exposure to Christianity in an online environment where truth and faith developed in second priority to Christianity as a kind of identity - a sense of being a bulwark against the tide - has made you extremely sensitive to the point where even what I said immediately makes you shriek and swear type words in all-caps.

No. I'm just sick of dealing with idiots like you.

*infects you with lice*
Retard.

No you.

Yeah?
I've already seen the video.
He's an idiot and a hate preacher who will do more harm to the souls of men than good.
Like I said, he doesn't care about their souls, all he thinks is that if he screams at them that he will have fulfilled his duty as a Christian and therefore not have to care about their wellbeing.

Christians hate the sin, not the sinner. God doesn't hate because He is love and He is God. Whenever we describe God with emotions, we use something we can relate to. For example, when God is angry, it's justice, and when He "hates", it's Him forbidding something.