Books that aren't real

Books that appear in movies, TV shows, other books etc, but are fictional and don't actually exist.

Need as big a list as I can, figure you lot are the best ones to ask.

So far I have:

>A Child's History of the Raven King
(Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell)
>The Gravedigger's handbook
(The Book Thief)
>Labyrinth
(Labyrinth (movie))
>The Necronomicon
(H.P. Lovecraft's works)
>The Philosophy of Time Travel
(Donnie Darko)

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Books
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FictionalDocument
hyperdiscordia.church/library_of_babel.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulacra_and_Simulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The grasshopper liesheavy (man in high castle)

Menard's Quixote

In Emotionally Weird there are a couple books mentioned. One's an Ignatius J. Reilly type character whose magnum opus is over a thousand pages long and involves the main character at the mercy of a woman wearing nothing but thigh highs. You get to read a couple pages in book. Obviously, I was real interested in it, but alas.

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books

>tfw ywn read deSelby
why live?

I didn't even think of those. Good shout.

Amazing.

Avalon Landing (Finding Forrester) seemed like it was right up my alley, too. When I was younger I actually asked for it at the library.

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Books

These are books that appear throughout this game series, as in-game, readable items. I don't think this counts as they are sort of actual books, most are really short though. I like the concept of in-game authors informing the game world. It means the books are only as reliable as the information available and the author's disposition. Many include contradictory or unverifiable information, like the existence of certain races or events. It does a lot for world building, especially when much of it is up to interpretation, or filtered through various interpretations down to the player.

>Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism

1984 by George Orwell

Taking into consideration that some of the "books" have printed versions for sale by the game publishers, you may say that some of these books are actualy real, tho nowhere close as the game wants us to believe.

There is a bunch more in Lovecraft, for example Cultes des Ghoules and Pnakotic manuscripts

One of those three books Bilbo gives to Frodo in Rivendell.

The books that Severian borrows from the Library of Nessus, including The Book of the New Sun itself, albeit a different version to that which the reader is reading.

Addai's holy book in Gurren Lagann.

"A Chamermaid's Diary" has a bunch of them.

You can find it on Gutenberg.

The book of the heroes of the street.
Pavlos Sidiropoulos. Hellenic musician.

Deathnote.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FictionalDocument

>Need as big a list as I can

Every possible book 410 pages in length, with 40 lines to a page of 80-character lines, using 25 symbols
This is equal to 10^1,845,281 books
It would take on the order of 10,000 universes to contain this many books
hyperdiscordia.church/library_of_babel.html

I have it

That is a real book

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulacra_and_Simulation

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy