R A N C H

I have never had ranch sauce. Is it worth trying? Why are Americans OBESED with it?

Its really good on veggies. Hard to explain other than that.

I'm not even a Yankee you haven't lived till you've had some raw carrot or cauliflower dipped in a thick ranch dressig

>fat free
Not American.

Most walmarts ive been to have a tiny fat free selection. Like, maybe 1/20th the shelf space of the fatty variety. Even then theres rarely one bottle missing.

As other anons have said, it's awesome on vegetables. It can be good on certain chicken wing flavors, and also on chicken sandwiches. Can also be ok on fries. Beyond that I don't think it's richness is great for most foods.

It’s great on pizza

its OK. i use it as a dip for crudite. my gf prefers it with wings, i prefer blue cheese for that. some places around here make a southwest ranch sauce which is basically ranch and chili powders and some other shit for southwest eggrolls or fried pickles.

Tfw eating spicy wings and having ranch and blue cheese sauce

Oh lord

I like it on baked potato bretty gud

It's garlic sauce, better than ketchup in pretty much every situation but it does overpower the taste of whatever you put it on
I'm a bong though maybe ours is shit like America's irn bru and baked beans

It's not awful but when there are so many superior options out there I just can't stomach it.

Ranch and garlic sauce are different at least here in Canada. We put garlic sauce on shawarmas

Egg rolls and ranch? Those two should not be combined. Ever.

You mean tzatziki?

Imagine an industrially produced version of German buttermilk salad dressing made from the cheapest possible ingredients - replace fresh garlic and herbs with dried, use soy oil and add sugar and MSG to boost flavor.

It gained national popularity in the 70's as a salad dressing, then in the 80's as a dip for crudites. Somewhere in the 90's people started using it as a general lubricant for dry foods like pizza crust and anything deep fried. Picky eaters used it as a substitute for blue cheese dressing when eating Buffalo wings.

It really isn't that good, but like ketchup it's everywhere on the low end of American cuisine.

Ive started ranching up recently. Goes great with chicken tendies and hot sauce.

Dip your pizza crusts in it
And don't go for that hidden valley horse shit go for something like kens buttermilk ranch

Nope, tzatsiki goes on Greek food. It's way thinner than either, I also think its yogurt based

None of the three taste alike

RANCH ON BUFFALO WINGS. NOT BLUE CHEESE.

Because the fat free stuff is nearly always got much higher sodium and/or sugar levels. There's no such thing as healthy ranch, so why not just go with the full fat, full flavor type?

manbaby detected

Nope not tzatziki. There is an actual garlic sauce. I love really garlic heavy tzatziki though. Goes perfect with falafel or spanakopita

My gf is half Greek and her spanakopita is awesome. I love being spoiled by a girl that can actually cook

WRONG

Get bacon ranch. I never eat bacon but bacon ranch tastes so so good. Spicy ranch is kinda gross. Spicy ranch doesn't register as ranch to my taste buds, but bacon ranch does.

They pull the other bottles forward to make the shelves look fuller

agreed mane

It is generally a rural thing I have found or as you city scum faggots would say, a "flyover" thing. It's not for everyone but it is sort of like a thinner sour cream with a tangy flavor.

>have never had ranch sauce. Is it worth trying? Why are Americans OBESED with it?
I want to make the stuff from scratch since my girl loves the stuff

Using fresher and higher quality stuff what would be a good guide to make some solid tasty stuff I too may want to eat on occasion

Holy shit
Sna/ck/ers
Quality post

Pretty much anytime ranch is used bleu cheese or caeser dressing would be better.

No one who has ever eaten ranch has thought, "I'll try to make this myself." It would be akin to saying, "how can I get the same flavor when I lick my garbage container. Guess I'll try to make it myself!"

Bullshit.
Hidden Valley Ranch is garbage
..tastes like soybean oil and high fructose corn syrup just like every other store-bought dressing.

However... you can make your own "creamy herb vinaigrette" with fresh ingredients and its actually pretty good.
>Butter milk(or milk and lemon juice)
>sour cream
>mayonnaise
>onion
>garlic
>thyme
>black pepper
>salt