Al/ck/ thread

New thread edition.

So I've had nosebleeds 3 mornings in a row now after drinking at night. It is below zero weather here. Besides the cold weather can these nosebleeds be caused by my blood being too thin from alcohol, or do they happen because I've sobered up too much, or either?

could be the dry weather
could be high blood pressure
could be ebola

I don't have anything to measure my bloodpressure in the house, but I monitor my pulse a lot and it seems to be of a pretty consistent force against my fingers as well as a consistent rate most of the time.

I think it's from literally drying out. It has been frigid here for weeks and my wood stoves have been going full tilt for the whole time. Heat without humidity will do that.

I run a humidifier in my living room where I spend the most of my time pretty much 24/7. I even steam up the showers for a few minutes sometimes. I've used salene spray in my nose like once a day but I don't overuse it because that can actually dry you out too.
It's like a few hours after I wake up and I haven't had anything to drink yet, I have gotten a nosebleed I can stop in about like less than 5 minutes and it stays gone (luckily) even after I start drinking.

who's drinking what today and when do you usually start, and how's life?

Bud and Ice 101. Redneck as fuck, I know. But I have spent the day stoking wood stoves and trying to make sure my chickens and ducks stay alive in -30 degree wind chills.

Life is good.

congratz you've contracted ebola

I've been drinking 5% hard seltzer waters because my days of hard liquor smashing are behind me, they just simply are. I'll have a real drink if I'm at a bar or something, but the cost of it forces me into not drinking too much. I don't buy actual liquor for the house at all anymore.
Don't have a job right now so I usually start at 11 or noon everyday and cruise evenly.

Could have left a pic for reference I suppose. I get the lime. Black cherry is good, but the grapefruit is too candyish in my opinion.

I am drinking sake

Shit. Never seen it. I've got to try that lime.

Anyone else ever drink hand sanitizer? God I hated that

It's good and goes down like nothing. You could chug the fuck out of these things if you wanted to but I'm drinking slower because of that nose thing I mentioned and I get paranoid about that shit.
The draw back is that it's expensive. By me a 6 pack costs like 8 or even 9 dollars depending on which store you buy it at.

I have before. Yeah it sucks and it barely did that much for the drunk I was already on.
I never have done it again.

I have. I have also salt separated it with a filter, and put it up my ass. It is best drank analy.

Warm or cold dude, and brand if you would please.

Jesus wept. I'm not wealthy, but I spend whatever I want to spend on booze and 9 dollars for that sounds obscene.

It is obscene, I agree.
I just don't buy liquor because it literally destroys my life almost immediately.

>be sober
>realised that my only human contact is in bars
>haven't left the house for anything but work in weeks
>realised my friends only hung out with me because they had no one else to go out with

This feeling fucking sucks. I'm too old to be trying to make friends man.

Is it possible to quit without doing a taper? I dont want to drag thid bullshit with me anymore, I want OUT.

Fair enough.

Do you just dislike beer?

Yup. It sucks. Make it so you cannot get any booze and clear about 3 days to shake and puke.

Good luck man. When I wind up in detox my doctors tell me not to quit drinking (beds gotta open up. We got a detox at a mental health hospital) cause of the risk of seizures. Alcohol withdrawal can literally kill you

I drink beer and wine as well but this shit only has 4g a sugar a can and I try to avoid sugar as much as I can outside of the wine I drink.

As much as I know you want to be done with it, I really have to recommend you taper.

Fuck. I gotta get on board with this. I'm in diabetes danger with my alcohol consumption.

I'm on a dating site and when i'm drunk i can text like crazy with a girl who is more beautifull than i could ever imagine. She kinda likes me, i can tell. but i can't show my true face. i can't show who i really am. A loser.

Be careful man I was hospitalized with a dude who had diabeties from his drinking

>> I'm too old to be trying to make friends man.

Fuck i can feel ya. It's as if my energy bar for making NEW friends has declined to zero, as apposed to how it was a few years back.

become The Mask.

Taaka vodka straight from the jug. I usually don't start until late at night but I had a shot like an hour ago just because. Not gonna drink anymore until tonight because I don't drink and drive, and the only thing I like more than drinking is driving, food, and sex. About to go for a drive and find some food, but sex is out of the question.

Get back on the wagon drunk single user. I've lost too many relationships from being a drunk loser. My fiancé left me over it. Booze ruins everythingg.. Shame it's also the cure..

I've just always been a nervous guy pretty much, I'm not really health conscious obviously since I don't want to stop drinking and have in a tremendous capacity for 10 years, but this is a lighter thing I have found for myself to try to lessen what was happening before. I also tend to eat a lot better and cook much more of my own meals than when I was younger.
I wish you the best. I would never say what I do is any better than anyone else, we're all different.

Tuborg beer, started at 10 in the morning, not too bad. kill me.

What's sex like dude.
I'm 28 and I've never had it despite getting a girl into bed 2 times. (same girl)

I hear people talking about tapering so much on here, I've quit alcohol a bunch of times, for periods of a few weeks or even a month or two at a time, and I've never had to taper.

I typically get blackout drunk every night of the week but then stay sober during the day. Is tapering just for those who have gotten used to drinking round-the-clock?

I went to rehab once, having been forced by my parents, and the nurse there kept telling me that at the initial intake. "Don't just quit, gradually taper." I kept telling her I hadn't had a drink in 36 hours and I wasn't experiencing any adverse effects, but she kept saying, "No, you must taper!"

I go to rehab and they insist I start drinking again. Go figure. Those places are a sham anyway.

What do you guys do for a living?

I'm looking for a job I can drink at and if I'm caught it will be no big deal.

If you are a heavy drinker and suddenly stop, your body con go into shutdown mode, and possibly die form it, that's why you need to taper, but depends on the volume of drinking.

Teach me senpai.

It was probably a mixture of the cold air and the alcohol, I used to get really bad nosebleeds when I was drinking heavily. Plus your blood has a harder time clotting when you're drunk so you'll bleed longer before the nosebleed stops

Okay that sounded troll-ish, but i need real advice hear. i'm feeling pretty lonely and i'm having an uhh- Inferiority complex at the moment cause of the alcohol and the weed.

Haven't been to a legit rehab here cause I don't have like 15 grand but I am gonna check out one covered by rehab. I drink around the clock. I wake up still drunk. I drink more before I even get out of bed if I can remember where I hid the bottle. I'm hiding it from myself for fuck sakes

Withdrawal sucks man. It started with what I thought were panic attacks. Now I end up not. Showering for week and hallucinating. Every body is differwnt

done 750ml el dorado rum in 35min, n 3 colt 45 king cans. have person to buy those 40mg oxy. made $400 fucking rock cost me 80 to make. KeK

I work at a package handling facility as a loader and half my coworkers come in either drunk or high. I've seen people piss on boxes because they were too drunk to make it to the bathroom, I remember a few weeks back a guy came in really meth'd up and jumped a supervisor because "He was a bitch ass white boy"

no idea. im teo different people sober and drunk. both sides make mistakes and both have some charm. i got nothing for you dude. good luck tho

maybe just go for 5/10 girls for a while to boost your confidence

Fkn LOL. i thought I was bad for passing out drunk in my bosses office

>>maybe just go for 5/10 girls for a while to boost your confidence

I tried that once but her pussy stank. If i hang out too much with those kind of bitches i'll turn gay. especcially with me browsing Veeky Forums.

Hmm.. gyess i'll try to stop smoking weed.. tomorrow.

Sake

It isn't as good as a blowjob. Sex is neat but it's too much work for me. I'm a lazy man.

Weed isn't going to help your anxiety. If you live in a legal state, look for a cbd strain, or pure cbd distillate. It can be calming. Just try and avoid anything with too much thc in it.

Rum from new years eve, started at around 18:00 hours, life is alright untill i finish my 1st couple of drinks. then it transforms into some sort of contradiction. I feel so good, but oh so sad at the same time.

True, i would be catching my breath after sex, but blowjobs would be chill as fuck.

I know. I guess i'm just scared for the unknonwn, scared for my future. Who do i bond with? Who is it okay to bond with, with whom is it destiny to depart? Weed in combination with alcohol really makes me think and reflect too much on my life.

Asked this a few days ago but the thread was nearly dead.

I've been drinking heavily for 3-4 days on average for the last 10 years, but I'm not dependent on drink at all. I can go a couple of weeks if I have to in order to get leaner etc, but it's fucking boring. Anyway my point is this. I used to be able to drink for 2-4 days and the effect would obviously get weaker on the 3rd and 4th day, now I can't go two days of drinking without my eyes feeling absolutely shit, like my clarity is completely gone after a few beers. I have worn glasses for nearly ten years and my prescription has been the same for the last few years. My eyes pretty much haven't degraded at all. My problem is that I have what I call a second hangover, by which I mean that I till feel rough the day after my hangover (usually from at least 3 days heavy drinking in a row) This has been normal for me for nearly ten years, but now on my 'second' hangover my eye bags swell up and I look like a fucking crackhead. I look worse than when I'm actually hungover, and it's fucking embarrassing.

Anyone have a similar experience, or know why this is happening?

thats odd. no clue. maybe your roomate has started nutting in your eyes when you pass out

nope. mouth and back. nothing weird.

Why do I feel sleepy after having a few beers but can stay awake all night drinking stronger beverages? anyone can relate?

>2 threads

for what purpose

Kek

Daily drinker.. gallon in 2 days, sometimes 3. I think the only thing keeping my life mostly together is forcing myself to wait till 7 pm to start....... 30 more mins fuck me

I swear to god the reason I'm gonna quit boozing is cause of the COMSTANT feeling of having to shit. I'm goin to chug vodka on the shitter.

Excessive intake of alcohol causes euphoria. It acts more as a stimulant imo, to alcoholics, than it does a sedative at certain doses. But to answer your question directly: maybe its just you.

not really an /alc/ at this point, but everything has become dull for me without alcohol at this point
working 10-6 everyday with lackluster gf, only have the weekends for some relaxation
even then, with numerous gaming possibilities and money to spend, nothing is really as fun without being drunk

am i doomed?

For me personally it's an around the clock thing. On a better note, stomach just settled after a ~9 day binge, feels good man. Then again, the nausea is the only thing that bothers me. Washing off the filth feels amazing and I actually enjoy the night terrors and vivid dreams but then again I also enjoyed DPH so that's just me.

thats a large quantity of booze, user. cut back.

Not doomed unless you have no self control. Keep your affairs in order.

i have some self control
don't really drink on the weekdays, but have at least one bender per weekend
just hate the boredom aspect, feeling stuck in loops

That comes with being an adult for most of us. Most of us don't have terribly exciting lives as adults. Some self-destruct over this. Others push forward.

I know man... working on it. Idk what tge fuck im doing

well after streching a 750ml over 5 days now I'm feeling pretty decent.

To any successfully detoxed and sober anons:

How long did it take you to taper / detox?

i havent drank since new years morning
my friend went to rehab that morning
umm i told my other friend i woundt drink with him, and within 2 hours he was drinking the cider in front of him that he thought was gross.
i had the ass of a friends beer the other day and tasted someones beer today. i have two gross chocolately tasting pilsners in a cooler in the unplugged fridge on an iceblock.

ive been eating massve amounts of candy recently and eating too much becuase i am pretty fucking high. but yeah, massive amounts of candy, probably plowed a lb of sugar in the past 3 days

at this rate of drinking ( i plan on plowing those two beers someday between the 10th and 14th) when will i be detoxed?

i imagine between now and then someone will shoot me a beer or something

craigslist oddjobs

Am I gay for reading in a bar?

Vodka out of the handle, started at 9:00am, and life is ok. I’m about to move and haven’t found a new place, but I’ve got cash for a storage unit and plenty of offers from friends for a spare room if this REALLY goes to shit.

Depends on how you look, what time of the day/how many patrons are in the bar, and what type of bar it is.

>oh m8 i had 4 beers last night im an alcoholic
/thread

How do I cure a very bad hangover asap.

I relapsed last night and feel like shit. Worse then normal when I drank all day every day. Somehow hangovers get worst if you get sober briefly

Also out of curiosity, who believes there is a life after this life? Not a God but life after this

Get back on it.
Have a shot of whatever's to hand, then some water, sugar and caffeine.
Food when you're ready.
I find having a wank to help lots too.
Curious to see what afterlife Veeky Forums hopes for..

5 days sober, mom is being frantic and a jerk to my dying father. Yeah I'm not thinking about that sober

>throw up
>have a hair off the dogs back
>have a hot shower
>full plate of an English breakfast (bacon, eggs, beans, etc.)
>cup of black coffee
>have a smoke/vape
>drink sprite until mid day

Three bottles of wine Friday night, 5 bottles Saturday, one bottle 4:30am Sunday. Felt a little seedy but slept till 11am Sunday. Felt pretty good all day today. Not going to drink Sunday night for the first time in a good 6 months.

Bored as shit though.

decided to treat myself with a late christmas present. What is /alck/ drinking tonight?

>tfw sober for three weeks

I want to die

yuengling

Anybody here take loperimide? I'm getting sick of taking a shit a dozen times a day. It's all pale froth anyway.

You're one of 1% who don't have withdrawals yet. You can still kindle and will have withdrawals if you go cold turkey repeatedly.
From medical point of view, when you say "I don't have withdrawals" they hear "I'm still in denial about my alcoholism and/or how bad it is, and try minimise its implications" and taper you anyway because there's more possible harm in cold turkey than useless taper.

>I'm looking for a job I can drink at and if I'm caught it will be no big deal.
Bartender? Sexy bartender patrons pay drinks to?

>Bartender

Every restaurant I've worked at there were (somewhat) sexy bartenders who got fired for drinking on the job. Every. Fucking. Time. On the other hand, I worked as a line cook and came in drunk pretty much every single day, but was still better than most of the other cooks so nobody every blinked an eye. (Obviously the difference was that I wasn't stealing from the place.)

you need to stop posting the same thing in every thread kid

i have been drinking anywhere between 15 and 20 pints of beer a night for about 7 months straight now...

do i need to taper? i woke up the other day so fucked i went to ER but somehow registered nothing on the breathalyzer so they wouldn't treat me.

Congratulations. You know have alcoholism on your medical record.

>7 to 9 liters

I refuse to believe this, you would have died of water intoxication or something

start at 5pm end at 8 am

How often do you piss?

fuck man... i might as well just live on the toilet. I watch a lot of european football and miss half the match going to the toilet to piss.

Is there a reason why new threads aren’t being linked in the old ones? I don’t get it, someone please explain

too drunk