God Fucking dammit

God Fucking dammit

u make king cake next year?

What am I looking at here?

I would gladly do, but my oven is as old as me and I don't trust it

congrats on your upcoming prosperous year. have fun baking a cake an hosting a giant party in a year, OP.

I guess a king cake baby.

Congratulations on becoming king, user!

Wait, isn't the tradition suppoused to be that whoever gets it makes tamales for the 10th of January?
Or is that a Sinaloa thing only and the rest of the country makes cake for the next year

i've never heard of the tamales thing but that sounds like an excellent tradition. the way i've always heard the tradition is that whoever finds the baby is the king/queen for the night and is responsible for making the cake (and, sometimes, hosting) for the next year's celebration

Where I live you're just king or queen for the rest of the day. Haven't done it in years, though, so I can't quite remember exactly what that entails...

What kind of bizarre ritual are you nerds talking about?

It's a meme like finger boxes

Finger boxes are NOT a meme

t. Heathen

it's a traditon. Around carnival time, or close to it, people in a few different cultures eat king cakes to celebrate. Sometimes the kingcakes, (either a cinnamon roll type coffee cake or sometimes an amlond-y pie like cake) have a plastic or ceramic doll inside them called "the baby". If you find the baby in your piece of cake you have to host the next king cake party. It's not really a meme, but whatever.

That's strange, everyone I know celebrates it like me. You don't become king/queen, but a target for banter since you will be the one to cook for everyone
Meaning that when one cuts a slice everyone pays attention in silence to see if the person accidentally taps it with the knife, and when eating it you do repeating internally "Please not me, Please not me". TBQH it sounds more fun this way
Broh, you have one too? Fucking awesome, man
"The Baby" is actually Jesus

>Carnival
Brazilians do it too?

Brazilian here. I've lived in a somewhat religious environment my whole life and, although I'm well aware of the Dia de Reis (Kings' Day) party traditions, I don't recall ever hearing of this "king cake" stuff before.

Maybe it's more common on the Southeast/South regions, where the Portuguese and Spanish had a larger influence.

Here in Mexico is a nation-wide tradition, "Pastel de Reyes" and all

>tfw live in Mobile

Hell yah boys.

I don't know what this tradition is but it sounds stupid
basically you are strong arming someone into doing work they don't want to do?

what is it about people from warm climates that have such disregard for common decency?

same

Yes, that is how my family and all our family friends have done it.

Mexican tradition. If he gets the baby in his slice of rosca, he provides food for next year.

In my town, it just means party at your place next weekend. People are fine with it, it's fun.

>living in the worst town of the worst state

Tell Guillermo Sanchez to suck my dick

All traditions are stupid to some degree user.
The fun is to cut your own slice and pray that you don't get a baby on it and is not just one person in charge of hosting the next party, every rosca has about 8 or 10 of those figures so they share the responsibility of making those tamales.

Until now I thought this was a New Orleans thing. No idea Mexicans did it too

reminded me of this
also: your fault for being sociable and going to these types of parties.
the upside of being a weird loner-hermit is that i never have any obligations.

the fuck is this pagan shit

We love this shit here in France.

looks fantastic

it's not. the local ''''indie'''' patisserie near me was selling them for $40 a pop. bought one. as expected it tasted like ass like all things from northern france.

rosca de reyes > all

spain >> southern france > northern france

>40$ for a galette, that taste like shit too
americans are braindead morons

What?

>Spic traditions