Whats the fastest you ever dropped a book?

>mentions bill gates and harry potter in the introduction
fuckinnnn dropped

>Author has a female name

I got a few pages into notes from underground and then remembered what my therapist said about toxic people. Noped the fuck out of there.

Kill yourself

Is it one person or most people on this board that keeps going out of their way to push sexist elitism on everyone? It's off-putting and irrelevant

It's genuinely just the one guy

it's easy for a few people to force memes on a slow board like this one. (i was one of the people shitposting about kevin macdonald's culture of critique.)

>says noped
faggot

What if it's a guy anyway? Like a dude named Kelly.

can you name me five artistic movements or genres that were started by women?

sci fi

gay sex with your mom

sci fi is for teenagers and manchildren. just 5 user
nice. epic. i like it.

>sci fi is for teenagers and manchildren
Wrong, the greatest achievement in art is sci-fi.

It's embarrassing, but it's almost certainly a woman shitposting.

Don't know why, but there's a lot of that. Women who stalk forums in places they consider male dominated or misogynist, trolling shitposting out of some perverted sense of masculine protest or feminist justice or just character deficiencies of some sort or another.

How many males who would browse lit do you really think might say something like this?

Unironically this.

I dropped 1984 after it got to the cuckoldry and celebration of excessive adultery.

Shame that most people read the entire thing and still don't realize the message that requires only 100 pages to comprehend to anyone thats not mentally retarded.

agreed, you know lolbertarians are delusional when they read ayn rand in highschool and spend the next 40 years of their life whining about legalizing cocaine and limiting government

I'd drop it to be on the safe side

Would you read a book written by a guy named Kelly?

I went to the Barnes & Noble on Fifth Avenue and bought and read a copy of "Infinite Jest." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character went for a "post-prandial stroll." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times.

Dozens, if not hundreds

Homage to Catalonia, I was just so bored after 60 pages and I didn't think it was going to get any better.

kek

On the road. 35 pages in and im bored as fuck. Maybe because i had hitchhiked before starting the book and i didnt romanticized it

I got like 90 pages into Naked Lunch and just didn't see the point in finishing it.

dis

My cousin does this too

Dropped Mason and Dixon after 120 pages

I'm about to drop Tales of the City

I don't even remember why I started reading this, I'm halfway through the book and all I've gathered so far is that the author is most likely a homosexual.
That is not the sort of insight I read books for

Also it has the American thing where every chapter is two pages long and some are shorter.

>he wants cocaine to stay illegal
it's like you want gang violence and baby powder

Dropped the turd that is Ready Player One when it tipped its little fedora within the first few chapters. At least it changed my mind about burning books being immoral.

Dan Brown's magnum opus after three paragraphs.

I dropped this trash in the first chapter when he mentioned AI developing faster than light travel.

anything remotely political written after world war two I drop before I pick up

>noped

I wish I could take pop-sci/futurist drivel seriously.

I really didn't like that one either. Brutalised myself but genuinely couldn't finish the last 30 pages.

Spent a long time wondering if it was me or everyone else that was stupid. I decided it was probably me.

Is it sexist elitism, or just observational?

What is your basis for denying user his viewpoint?

he has none he's just butthurt men are better than women at everything except child birth

Only book I ever dropped was the Thief's Journal. Pure Gimmick.

dropped Tale of Two Cities.

the language was annoying to slog through and I didn't care much for the story.

Interest in other people's opinions of good reads.
In an unrelated note /pol/ says hi by the way. Totally unrelated.

>spends multiple chapters just talking about the castle
God fuck, this is boring. I appreciate building the setting but for fuck's sake.

Reminds of Frankeinstein where half the book is about how beautiful the fucking mountains are

T H I S
H
I
S

I have, honest to God, never read anything by a woman and liked it. Which is not as bad as it sounds, since there's virtually no female authors with renown.

Faggots get out. You must be looking for r/books on www.reddit.com.

i 've heard other people who didnt like it as well. All of them did some travelling on their own before reading it. They too found it boring

>Author is a female

>Author didn't go to university

pleb

oliver twist