Redpill me on Huellenbecq. is he a reactionary?

redpill me on Huellenbecq. is he a reactionary?

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/france/government-spending-to-gdp
warosu.org/lit/thread/7202208
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the sexual revolution wasn't 100% unequivocally good

How could he be so misogynist? He's basically hitler.

He reminds me of a lot of us here. He looks at reactionary thought from the outside, with a sort of longing to join it, but knowing that he can not deceive himself into believing it. He knows he himself is too amoral to ever join the right wing, but too principled to pretend to be moral and join the right.

1.learn french
2. read his poetry
3. understand that his novels are shit compared to his poetry

Who's the guy on the left?

>He reminds me of a lot of us here. He looks at reactionary thought from the outside, with a sort of longing to join it, but knowing that he can not deceive himself into believing it. He knows he himself is too amoral to ever join the right wing, but too principled to pretend to be moral and join the right.

=Sam Hyde = H. Thompson = AltRight = postmodern Traditionalism / undefined anti Postmodernism

???

Charls MDE its from College Cunts. Veeky Forums dude also

Basically people assume his novels directly attack women and minorities but it's mostly self deprecating satire. Believe me, the narrators are almost always brutish, alcoholic bigots but they're the joke. In Submission, the criticism was twofold; nonreaders looking in mistook it for an attack on islam but then upon reading the book, find that it was an indictment on academia.

>he's actually pretty tame
>his thoughts on transhumanism are reptilian but very seductive
>Woman will have a difficult time understanding how perfectly Houellebecq describes the anguished, masculine psyche

>the narrators are almost always brutish, alcoholic bigots but they're the joke.

The joke is entirely self-referential; usually the narrators know fully well of the shit they're in

Anyone has the transcription of Charles monologue from that scene?
Youtube College Cunts

Evident in The Map and the Territory like a mother fucker

>is he a reactionary?
He said himself that no, because being a reactionary implies that you wish to come back to a previous state, and he thinks things weren't more desirable before (not that they're desirable now either?).

This is in his book with Bernard-Henri Lévy, if I remember well.

this.

his novels are not a description of reality, but a parody of right-wing and any other society-losers believes

Reading his novels is the most fun I've had reading a book in a while. Read 3 so far and I can't wait to get to the rest.

Which ones have you read?

Submission, Atomised and Whatever.

Le cynical coocoo youtube guys !!

M&T is the best after these.

Platform feels like a remix of Atomised, but less ambitious; it feels somewhat formulaic. Despite this, there are unforgettable things in it.

Possibility is the most ambitious, but worst Houellebecq by far. He wanted to do something radical (and radically different), but that's just unconvincing in the end. Houellebecq shows his limits as a writer here.

Houellebecq novels are certainly not this kind of satire. He gave a conference in Argentina, which you can view on youtube, and were you to watch it, it would become clear to you.

Atomised was cringeworthy. All female characters were literally confessing their sexual hypocrisy to white male protagonists and then died. White male protagonist was a tragic genius in a world of big black cocks.

He's a left winger in the French context. I like him, he's smart. A bit vulgar though.

You are aware that if Submission is pro-Islam or anti-Islam it's reactionary either way.

That's one of the points made in the novel.
Ironically for conservative men it would be the easiest to adjust to the social order of islam.

Who on earth holds their cigarette between the pinky and ring finger?

Not that I dislike him, but he's just hopelessly depressive. Assuming his fatalist view of society is easy, but ultimately unrewarding. Because in reality, happy couples *do* exist and Islam isn't half as threatening as market fundamentalism.

He's a hack.

A frenchman, of course. They're the gayest people on earth, even when they're straight.

I dislike islam for many reasons but I woudl unironically bear it instead of "liberalism" (as American say). I have lived two years in IRan if that gives me any kind of credit when saying this. They're both shit, but I clearly put sharia above "liberalism".

>he is this
>they are that

You speak like a woman. Any meaningful comment to make on the actual content?

I would suck his cock if he asked me. No homo.

It's obvious sharia has more chance of survival in the long run than liberalism, because it allows people to act on a longer time scale. The meaning in the life of a liberal begins with becoming conscious and ends with death. He can't sacrifice to these values. Transcendent values are eternal so you can sacrifice to them.

That's why liberals don't understand jihadi terrorism. It's an insurgent war on a timescale that exceeds a human life.

Michael Corleone saw it in the Godfather II in the rooftop with Hyman Roth, when he talked about the revolutionary who blew himself up a grenade instead of being arrested (Historically incorrect by the way).

"What does it mean?"
"It means they can win"

Terrorism works by humiliating the hegemonic power. It disturbs the protection/obedience contract between the people and the state, and creates space for alternative protection rackets. The mafia used this (maybe that's why Corleone recognized it early), but the Taliban too.

In Submission in this chaos a 'moderate' muslim party emerges. People recognize the old power doesn't have the self-confidence to fight anymore and switch teams. It's perfectly realistic.

The only alternative is a revitalization of the metaphysical foundations of the west. We have to save Christianity from its liberal perversions.

>market fundamentalism
Ah yes the big bad market, especially in France, the land of 6 gorillonz taxes, 2 thousand pages labor code (actual number) and government spending at 58% of the GDP.

>unironically posting this like this on an anime forum
you are so far gone

Actually, he broke one of his fingers while making a film (he used to be a film student and produced a few films), hence the weird way of holding his cigarettes.

A state-driven economy had been typical for post-War France and worked well, until the exchange rate was fixed and markets opened up to worldwide competition.
Prior to Sarkozy, the French had even more government benefits than they do now -- again, at almost full employment.

tradingeconomics.com/france/government-spending-to-gdp

Interesting, thanks for the real answer

>A state-driven economy had been typical for post-War France
No. It was nothing like this even in the 70s, when d'Estaing could say that 40% of obligatory taxes were communism.
>at almost full employment.
The unemployment in France has been very high for much longer than Sarkozy. And that's using all the various shenanigans of the "unemployment"level calculation.

>It’s a fact, I mused to myself, that in societies like ours sex truly represents a second system of differentiation, completely independent of money; and as a system of differentiation it functions just as mercilessly. The effects of these two systems are, furthermore, strictly equivalent. Just like unrestrained economic liberalism, and for similar reasons, sexual liberalism produces phenomena of absolute pauperization. Some men make love every day; others five or six times in their life, or never. Some make love with dozens of women, others with none. It’s what’s known as ” the law of the market”. In an economic system where unfair dismissal is prohibited, every person more or less manages to find their place. In a sexual system where adultery is prohibited, every person more or less manages to find their bed mate. In a totally liberal economic system certain people accumulate considerable fortunes; others stagnate in unemployment and misery. In a totally liberal sexual system certain people have a varied and exciting erotic life; others are reduced to masturbation and solitude…………

Huellenbacq confirmed for woke. Where is that quote from?

Whatever.

>Huellenbecq
>redpill
OP is an idiot

No need to be so blasé, just tell me where it's from.

warosu.org/lit/thread/7202208
Found it

I just started reading submission today and have read half of it. I've read most of his other books. This one seems kind of lightweight but it's good